January 2018 Due Date Buddies

59 replies to this topic

#1 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hi there! Anyone else looking at a January 2018 baby? We did a FET on April 20, got our first positive beta on May 3rd, 846, then 2016 on May 5th. First ultrasound slated for May 18th! On PIO and suppositories and estrace twice a day... hoping this is the magical formula!
  • ENF and JCharbs like this

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

Cycle monitoring with Letrozole @ Hannam for 2015 - one miscarriage July 2015

Switched to Repromed January 2016 - 4 IUIs w/ acupuncture - all BFN

First IVF February 2017

Fresh transfer of 5 day embryo - BFN

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#2 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'm almost afraid to join, but all going well I am due early Jan 2018. My first ultrasound was done to rule out ectopic. They saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole yet, I think it's just too early. I go back at just over 7 weeks for my next scan. More waiting!
  • ENF likes this

#3 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

violetta - I hear ya on the early part, but I wanted to make sure all us January folks started from scratch, just like other groups.  Did you go through IVF?  Was this a FET?  

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

First IVF February 2017

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#4 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

We did IVF. It was our fourth cycle and third pregnancy in the last year and a half (2 previous early losses, hence the anxiety). I have sore boobs and a bit of intermittent nausea, so that's sort of reassuring. I'm trying not to go too crazy waiting for my next ultrasound! Gotta try to stay busy. Are you having any symptoms yet edubbs?
  • ENF likes this

#5 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,407 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

I'd love to join you both!

I did a FET on April 15th of one blast with assisted hatching. First beta at 12dp5dt was 749 and at 14dp5dt it was 1581. I had a bleeding scare with bright red bleeding and a couple of clots last week but that's settled down now. I'm currently dealing with really bad nausea and fatigue. My ultrasound is May 15th. I'm currently 6w0d. My due date is January 1st and I'm also in the December 2017 due date group.

This will be baby #4 for us. We've also got DD1 (almost 14), DS (12) and DD2 (25 months). 

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#6 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

Welcome ENF!  Sounds like you'll be our resident expert... :-)  Are you expecting to see a heartbeat at your first ultrasound?  My first pregnancy was a couple years ago and ended in miscarriage, so I've forgotten a lot of the early milestones... plus, since this is a FET and not based on regular ovulation timing, I'm still getting used to the calculations... 

Violetta - I'm so sorry to hear about your losses... and applaud you for fighting it out.  Sending many sticky thoughts to you!

AFM - I'm very tired (except when I have my one coffee a day... then it quickly recedes), sensitive boobs and very strong food aversions (which, for me, is VERY strange).  I also have bouts of dry mouth.  I'll take all the symptoms I can get...!

• ENF likes this

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

First IVF February 2017

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#7 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hi edubbes! Yes by 7 weeks I will expect to see a heartbeat if there is a viable pregnancy. I believe my clinic prefers to wait until 7 weeks for the first viability u/s so there's no false hope or confusion. 

I'm feeling really tired too. I started taking Diclectin for my morning sickness and today I had to go back to bed as the Diclectin completely knocked me out. I feel horrible on the medication but not too nauseous. 

When is your u/s violetta?

#8 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

ultrasound is next friday. can't come soon enough!

Sorry to hear about your nausea ENF, that sucks. With me it's just coming in waves, once in a while I just want to vomit (but never can). I'm 6 weeks and it hasn't really got any worse so I'm hoping I'll be lucky. I doubt I'd be able to tolerate diclectin, so hoping to avoid it!

• ENF likes this

#9 gfrench

gfrench
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary RFP

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Looks like I get to join too!!!! Although still in shock.

My beta came back today at 753 and my first ultrasound is scheduled for May 26th. Argh.. more waiting. lol

I resisted testing so the call this morning was a surprise. I'm going to have to POAS just to see what a th_abfp.giflooks like.

I don't have any symptoms just yet... some fatigue, but its also been the busiest 2 weeks in my career so its probably not the pregnancy yet, more likely the 14 hour days.

Super excited to be on this journey with you!

• ENF likes this

Me- 36, DH- 35

Dx: Male Factor, Possible PCOS

IVF #1 October 2016

22 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized (ICSI)

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - th_abfn.gif

Four Frozen Blasts (1 day 5, 3 day 6)

FET#1 February 2017

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - BFN cry.gif

FET#2 April 2017

Transferred 2 day 6 Blasts - th_abfp.gif

Beta 753 (13dptransfer)

#10 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

gfrench - congrats and welcome!! I too had a CRAZY 2 weeks after our FET transfer and didn't test prior to the beta because I was travelling and couldn't deal with whatever the results would be! Finally POAS last night - still pregnant!

I have days of tired and nausea, then other days aren't so bad. May 18th still seems sooo far away...

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

First IVF February 2017

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#11 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

Hi gfrench and congratulations!! I'm so impressed you were able to hold out on testing. You are a stronger woman than I. I think I peed on around 14 FRERs, 2 digitals, and 25 cheapies this cycle alone. I don't even want to think about how much that cost me - I'm an absolute addict! I only stopped a few days ago after my first ultrasound at 5+5!

Edubbs - my symptoms have been sort of intermittent too. Some days I feel completely normal.

I've had some really minor cramping the last couple days. Only notice it once in a while and it's very mild. I've also had a tiny tiny bit of spotting in the last 2-3 days. Like just very slight pinkish brown tinged endometrin discharge. I had similar mild cramping in both previous pregnancies which doesn't reassure me as they didn't end well. So I'm just trying not to freak out, and imagining that it's just my uterus stretching a bit as the pregnancy grows.

This is such a weird in between time for me. I don't think it would be the same if it weren't for the previous losses. I feel like I don't belong in the category of "pregnant women" yet. Like it's some exclusive club that I haven't been able to join...and I haven't yet SEEN the tiny life inside me yet (well not since it was only two cells). I dunno...it's just a weird place to be.
  • ENF likes this

#12 Cshine

Cshine
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Montreal

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hi all this is the first time in my life I got a positive pregnancy. Me 32 and have been trying for 6 years. We did FET April 17th.

Ever since I got my positive beta I am just terrified if the baby is ok or is it growing properly and had brown spotting for past 3 days and kinda freaked. Since I also had fever temp 38.2 last week. I am more afraid I am gonna miscarry.

#13 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Hi Cshine - welcome, and congrats!!  I know it's hard (downright impossible), but try not to get too worried about the little things - at this stage, you have very little control over the fate of the pregnancy.  Just try to enjoy being excited about being pregnant, especially since it's your first time!!  When is your first ultrasound?

violetta - I know what you mean about being in limbo - it's like 'I only have a month and a half before I can spread the word', but every day feels like a week.  ;-)  

ENF - how's the nausea?  Any respite?

AFM - I go from starving to eating something (anything) and feeling nauseous directly after - I'm totally turned off of vegetables, and fruit is hit and miss (mostly miss).  Anything with bread is good to go though... lol

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

First IVF February 2017

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#14 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hi Cshine. I think you have the same dates as me even though I did a fresh cycle (I had my retrieval April 12). I'm also dealing with spotting that comes and goes. I hadn't had any for a couple days until this morning. Definitely makes me nervous. When is your first ultrasound? Mine is the 19th.

#15 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

@ gfrench - Welcome! It's so nice to "see" you here!

@ violetta - I too continue to have occasional light spotting that comes out with the Endometrin discharge. It ranges from pink, dark pink, brown to dark red. My clinic does not think it is the result of cervical irritation from the suppositories. It makes me nervous too. 

@ Cshine - It seems there's a few of us with spotting. I'm sorry you're dealing with it too.

@ edubbs - Thanks so much for asking about me. Very sweet of you. My nausea is better as I've been taking Diclectin, but it's definitely still there. I hear you about craving carbs! I also have lots of food aversions and cravings. 

AFM - My ultrasound is on Monday morning and I'll be 7 weeks exactly. It will be nice to know what's going on as the bright red bleed I had almost two weeks ago has made me rather nervous. The occasional, light spotting also makes me nervous so I'll be glad to chat with my clinic in person. 

#16 gfrench

gfrench
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary RFP

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Mothers Day!!
  • ENF likes this

Me- 36, DH- 35

Dx: Male Factor, Possible PCOS

IVF #1 October 2016

22 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized (ICSI)

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - th_abfn.gif

Four Frozen Blasts (1 day 5, 3 day 6)

FET#1 February 2017

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - BFN cry.gif

FET#2 April 2017

Transferred 2 day 6 Blasts - th_abfp.gif

Beta 753 (13dptransfer)

#17 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

Same to you gfrench!

Best of luck on the ultrasound today ENF 💗 keep us posted!

I'm still just going a bit nuts over here worrying and waiting. Spotting is still super minor, barely there, and intermittent. Same with the cramping. Just four more sleeps till my ultrasound.
  • ENF likes this

#18 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

ENF - thinking of you, I hope all is perfect...

Question - I've been using the internet to confirm how far along I am - according to this website, based on a 5-day FET, I'm 6 weeks and 2 days.  Since I haven't had my first u/s, is that how everyone else is dating their pregnancy?  Or did your clinic tell you?

• ENF likes this

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

First IVF February 2017

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#19 JCharbs

JCharbs
  • 48 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

We have a January baby coming too, FET was April 25th. Ultrasound booked for May 29th. Although, I had some spotting last week too so Dr ordered early one May 19th. so excited, but very aware it is still so early. 

• ENF likes this

#20 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Thanks ladies! The u/s confirmed one healthy baby was growing with a heart beat of 125bpm. Baby was measuring three days ahead. All looked normal and healthy. 

@ jcharbs - My RE said not to worry about the red bleeding I had nor the spotting. He said 40% of their patients have bleeding in early pregnancy. Nothing obvious showed up on my u/s to have caused the bleeding. I hope you'll just be another statistic like me!

• JCharbs and Faith2017 like this

#21 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

ENF - thinking of you, I hope all is perfect...

Question - I've been using the internet to confirm how far along I am - according to this website, based on a 5-day FET, I'm 6 weeks and 2 days.  Since I haven't had my first u/s, is that how everyone else is dating their pregnancy?  Or did your clinic tell you?

Yes that's exactly how you can date your pregnancy. Your clinic may also give you a due date too. Early u/s often can date a pregnancy but with IVF that's unnecessary since you know 100% when you conceived. 

Interestingly my clinic gave me a due date of January 1st but the due date calculator on here says December 31. I'm not sure why there's a day discrepancy. When I had my u/s today my little one was measuring three days ahead, but that didn't change my due date. 

#22 JCharbs

JCharbs
  • 48 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

That is such great news ENF, So happy for you.  Hopefully your nausea subsides soon.

• ENF likes this

#23 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

ENF - so great!  A New Year's baby... how fun!  What are next steps for you, is there another u/s in a couple weeks to see how things are going?

Me - 36 - Hubby - 39

First IVF February 2017

11 frozen embroys

FET April 20

May 3rd - BFP!!!

#24 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

Next steps are another u/s at 10 weeks at my fertility clinic as well as the Harmony NIPT. After that I'm going to be cared for by my midwife and my first appointment is mid-June.

My nausea is still so bad that I'm going to ask to increase my dose of Diclectin. 

How is everyone else doing?

#25 yippeeskippy

yippeeskippy
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

Hi Everyone!
I'm so excited to be a part of this group!

My partner and I have been trying for 2 years, and we decided to go the donor IVF route. We had a failed fresh cycle in Feb, and then a FET with one embie on April 24th.

121 9dp5et

370 11dp5et

I've been feeling tired, slightly dizzy, with a full belly feeling, but other than that, no other symptoms. I guess the last few days I've felt a wee bit like I have a hangover, but that's about it. I'm a wee bit concerened that I don't have massive preggo symptoms like I hear about all the time. Fingers crossed that the wee one is healthy.

I have the ultrasound due for this Friday, May 19th. I'm really hoping everything looks good and that they find a heartbeat.

• JCharbs likes this