#1 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Prev RFP now VFC:)

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering for anyone who has done letrozole semi natural cycle -what did cycle timing look like? What cycle days did you take letrozole, what cycle day was lining check, what cycle days did did ovulation and transfer fall? Mine will be a frozen day 6 blast transfer. Thanks! I've always done medicated cycles with estrace but have got fluid in uterus last two fets so this is the plan to avoid fluid! Fingers crossed.
Currently 41, DH 46 - severe male factor, advanced maternal age, immune issues, uterine issues with TTC#2 following c section and miscarriage

TTC #1- 3 failed fresh cycles age 35-36 (one cancelled) and one successful FET at 37 (DS:)

TTC #2 - 2 fresh cycles at 39 and 40- one miscarriage and one failed (uterine infection after)
-3 failed FETs (2 with complication of uterine fluid but went away after progesterone)
-2 cancelled FETs (one due to uterine inflammation/infection after miscarriage and one due to uterine fluid)
-2 great quality frozen embryos left - one day 3 (at 39) and 1 day 6 blast (at 40) waiting for FET - have figured out the protocol to avoid complications and just hoping for my golden egg

It's so hard to wait around for something that may never be, but harder to let go when it's all you've ever wanted"

#2 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

Also did you trigger ovulation or did it happen naturally?
Currently 41, DH 46 - severe male factor, advanced maternal age, immune issues, uterine issues with TTC#2 following c section and miscarriage

TTC #1- 3 failed fresh cycles age 35-36 (one cancelled) and one successful FET at 37 (DS:)

TTC #2 - 2 fresh cycles at 39 and 40- one miscarriage and one failed (uterine infection after)
-3 failed FETs (2 with complication of uterine fluid but went away after progesterone)
-2 cancelled FETs (one due to uterine inflammation/infection after miscarriage and one due to uterine fluid)
-2 great quality frozen embryos left - one day 3 (at 39) and 1 day 6 blast (at 40) waiting for FET - have figured out the protocol to avoid complications and just hoping for my golden egg

It's so hard to wait around for something that may never be, but harder to let go when it's all you've ever wanted"

#3 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

I did for my FET. I took letrazole 2.5mg days 3-7. In my case I had no lining check or monitoring before ovulation. I just let them know when ovulation happened and we transferred a blast 5 days later. It was successful.
I do think that clinics typically monitor with ultrasound and bloodwork prior to ovulation, but in my case the letrazole caused me to ovulate much earlier than anticipated so I never had a chance to do any monitoring. I actually had to put my foot down and insist I had ovulated as at my ultrasound the RE told me it would be awhile yet (all my follicles were small...well duh my dominant follicle was already gone!). I demanded bloodwork to test my progesterone to prove to them I'd ovulated and sure enough I had :).

All the best.

Me -29 31 - unexplained poor egg quality.  I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.  

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 -  IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSI sad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one".  All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo  - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#4 Curlylox

Curlylox
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland switched to VFC

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hi ndo_nwaiting. I have done 2 natural fet with letrozole. The first cycle we did in February(failed) and now this cycle that we did in April and got a bfp!

The February cycle, I took the letrozole starting on cycle day 3 for five days. Ultrasound was done on cycle day 12 and bloodwork to monitor for an LH surge that day as well. I did more bloodwork on cycle day 13 where they determined that I was surging so booked the fet according to the age of the embryo.

My April cycle was the same with the letrozole, bloodwork and us on cycle day 12. I surged a day earlier than in my February cycle, and fet was booked. If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout.

I did not need a trigger shot to ovulate.

Me 38 DH 41( husband has 2 adult children 21 & 19 from a previous relationship)

Ttc since Dec 2012

Feb 2014 DH dx azoospermia consult to Heartland

May 2014 plan is for ivf after initial tests etc

June 2014 bloodwork normal for me HSG shows possible unicornuate uterus!!!

U/S and MRI for me

Oct 2014 results from scans inconclusive.... laparoscopy January 2015

still waiting for U/S for DH...results to follow January 2015

So frustrated with this whole process... can we run into anymore roadblocks?

#5 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Thanks ladies! That's so helpful as I'm trying to plan my fet around a work event I have to attend so great to know a bit more re timing:)

#6 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

Did either of you ladies take bcp the month before letrozole natural cycle? I need to take bcp (and some extra) for timing around a work event but wondering if this is optimal.

#7 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

No. Being on an ocp would have been too risky for me as I needed this to be a natural cycle and wanted things as regular as possible. For some women it can take a few months before their cycles regulate again after ocps and since the whole idea of a natural cycle is to ovulate I personally wouldn't want to mess with my hormones at all and risk that not happening.

Me -29 31 - unexplained poor egg quality.  I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.  

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 -  IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSI sad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one".  All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo  - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#8 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Thanks watermelon. I think I need to do the bcp for date planning in order to be able to transfer in June but if things don't look good I guess I can always cancel. hopefully the letrozole will give my body the jumpstart after the pill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural fet, letrozole