7 replies to this topic

#1 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Tcart/Trio

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Anyone claiming IVF treatment on their taxes or who have in the past know if you have to submit all the receipts or just hold on to them if they are requested?

#2 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4,502 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

I kept the receipts and submitted on request (sometime around late summer/early fall if I recall correctly).
  • Hopingfor1 likes this
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#3 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • Global 100+
  • 877 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Aurora --> VFC

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

I submitted everything from the get-go, and never received the "request for information" later.  Your mileage may vary.

Me: 40 41 42 43, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeds 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

#4 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

I kept the receipts and submitted on request (sometime around late summer/early fall if I recall correctly).

So the CRA reached out to you and requested them and you mailed them in?

#5 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

I submitted everything from the get-go, and never received the "request for information" later.  Your mileage may vary.

Sunshine- did you submit the actual taxed online or in the mail?  We did the filing online, so don't know how to submit the papers proactively. 

#6 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • Global 100+
  • 877 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora --> VFC

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

I mailed in my return along with all receipts, and a spreadsheet detailing everything, in a big bulging fat envelope via Canada Post.  You are pretty much guaranteed to be asked later otherwise -- you will see people call it an "audit", but it's not, it's just a "request for information" -- I just proactively avoided it, didn't feel like dealing with it later.  I did the same when I had major moving expenses.

Note that I'm 2 (about to be 3) years behind on filing my returns... so much I hate dealing with it.  The above is what I did for the 2013 tax year, which I filed last year in April.  Maybe I'll deal with 2014, '15, '16 this weekend... (she's been saying for the past 100+ weekends...).

• Elle22 likes this

Me: 40 41 42 43, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeds 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

#7 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4,502 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

I got mail from the CRA requesting the receipts by a certain date. If I recall correctly, I only needed to send copies which I did in the mail. I believe you can also scan them and attach to the online portal. I provided a listing that added up to the amount claimed and cross referenced the receipts.
  • Elle22 likes this
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#8 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

We filed online and are waiting for the "required information" letter.

• Elle22 likes this

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.