Secondary Infertility: advice & sharing

TTC for a 2nd sibling FET IVF

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Looking for any advice possible please ive done 3 IVFs 5 FETs. the  first 3 failed. Then in Dec my RE added Intralipid. Blood thinners and steroids i got preg but at 10 days past transfers betas never went above 26. My RE said maybe embryo was abnormal so we did a full IVF with PGS . Next month did a FET with all the above meds again and again on day 10 my betas dropped. they never got above 32. Can anyone suggest anything to me on why im losing the baby on 10dp5dt every time. I feel lost what to do next. My RE wants to do Granulocyte Colony-stimulating G-CSF. All my tests are normal. My RE is good at listening to me and if i want any tests done. But we have ran every single one. there all normal. Im only on Intralipid. Fragamin. Baby Aspirin and steroids and as precaution can anyone please suggest anything on why this is happening. Thank you for reading this 

Me 39  DH 40-  

3 IUIs all BFN 

1st IVF -  2013 first IVF (long protocol)  11 retrieved. 5 blasts Transferred 2 BFN 

FET #1   Jan 2014 transferred 2 blasts- th_abfp.gif Had a beautiful little boy 09/14

Trying for a sibling- March 2016

FET # 2 (last embryo from my sons fresh cycle) Transferred 1 BFN

2nd IVF- August- 2016 ( short protocol) Fresh IVF- 24 follicles retrieved - 3 blasts  was not happy with the short protocol.                 Got better results from the long protocol. Transferred 1 in fresh cycle  BFN

FET # 1 Transferred 1 BFN 

FET # 2  in Dec 2016 of our last embryo had first m/c 

3rd IVF - Started stims Feb 11th doing PGS and embryoscope this cycle 

#2 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Well my RE now said i have a bit of Adnemyosis. he said its very mild. On my u/s report it said" The uterus appears somewhat bulky. a small 1 cm hypoechoic mass is seen in the myometrium. There is no fluid in the pelvis.  A small 2cm fibroid is shown in the uterus. 

So My RE thinks all the Estrace ive taken for the 5 FETs has brought this Adnemyosis out more. so this cycle im doing a natural cycle with Femara and gcsf. Hoping it works 

• s00n likes this

Me 39  DH 40-  

3 IUIs all BFN 

1st IVF -  2013 first IVF (long protocol)  11 retrieved. 5 blasts Transferred 2 BFN 

FET #1   Jan 2014 transferred 2 blasts- th_abfp.gif Had a beautiful little boy 09/14

Trying for a sibling- March 2016

FET # 2 (last embryo from my sons fresh cycle) Transferred 1 BFN

2nd IVF- August- 2016 ( short protocol) Fresh IVF- 24 follicles retrieved - 3 blasts  was not happy with the short protocol.                 Got better results from the long protocol. Transferred 1 in fresh cycle  BFN

FET # 1 Transferred 1 BFN 

FET # 2  in Dec 2016 of our last embryo had first m/c 

3rd IVF - Started stims Feb 11th doing PGS and embryoscope this cycle 

#3 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4,502 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Have you had a hysteroscopy in order for your RE to get a better look at your uterus?
  • s00n likes this
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#4 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1,239 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Good idea ILMD - agree that this should be done if there's anything tricky in there, or potentially a hysterosonogram? (This one is the fluid in uterus, plus ultrasound scan.) - ILMD - is the hysteroscopy more definitive?

Best of luck Renae. And best of luck with the femara too. I remember responding well to the femara, and that it wasn't nearly as tricky for my brain or hormones as the clomid.

Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30. TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012. Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TTC for a 2nd, sibling, FET, IVF