310 replies to this topic

#1 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary AB

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hi! I was just offered treatment for a FET in May. Wondering if there is anyone else cycling in May. I'd love to share our journey!
  • ENF and aryan225 like this

#2 aryan225

aryan225
  • 24 posts
  • My Clinic:Dr. Claman

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:03 AM

Hi! I was just offered treatment for a FET in May. Wondering if there is anyone else cycling in May. I'd love to share our journey!

Hi Bug88! 

I will likely be cycling in May for my FET.  We did the retrieval in March but too high risk for OHSS to do the transfer.  My doctor decided it was best to skip a cycle, my next CD1 should be April 21st, so early May for me :) what about you?!

#3 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

I just got the call that I can do an FET next cycle, so will probably be transferring early May as well! This is my first FET after a chemical during my first fresh cycle. How about you ladies?
  • Renae and aryan225 like this

#4 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

Hi Aryan!! I start downregging with suprefact on April 19, start estrogen may 3 and then tentative transfer may 22. Sorry to hear about your freeze all but a very good call. I had mild ohss with both my fresh cycles and couldn't imagine how painful the severe cases can get.

Hi redgam! Sorry to hear about your chemical ☹️. I did my fresh cycle almost two years ago and this will be my first FET From this cycle... but have done five other FETs from my first fresh. I have a feeling my luck will change this time around 😜🙏🏻

Best of luck ladies ! What clinics are u at?

#5 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 82 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program-Calgary

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Hi ladies! Would love to join you :)
I did my first fet in March which sadly resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Thankfully, I have 2 blasts remaining and I was just offered treatment with my next cycle. I will be starting suprefact mid month and then our projected transfer of both blasts is May 22nd. Bug88 looks like we are on the exact same protocol!
I have a 21 month old son from our first ivf cycle in October 2014 and the blastocysts we are using are from that cycle.
This journey is crazy hard but with support from others going through the exact same thing, it certainly makes it a little easier.
Cheers to May being our month for bfps!

#6 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Welcome Babydreamer!! So sorry to hear about your chemical ☹️. May WILL be our month😍
  • BabyDreamer9 likes this

#7 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Bug: I'm at Ottawa fertility clinic, what about you? Oh my goodness that's a lot of FETs. Have they changed things up protocol wise? (Like glue, endo scratch, etc etc?) I've heard about all these things but my clinic is doing none of it. Because I did get pregnant from my fresh even though it didn't last.

Hi babydreamer, sorry about your chemical. It really sucks. Glad they cleared you to try again right away. Here's hoping this month is the month it sticks!
  • BabyDreamer9 and aryan225 like this

#8 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Redeem: they did a bit... oral estrace, vaginal, patches, endoscratch. My body seemed to become more resistant to the synthetic estrogen the more I used it and I was taking more and more. I had a baby from my fresh so I'm hoping a whole new batch of embryos will be a different story!

#9 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

I hope to be cycling in May for an FET as well! I was supposed to go for FET attempt #2 next week, but my doc saw fluid in my uterus at my check up on Friday, and she cancelled the cycle due to "non ideal conditions". I was so frustrated. I hope to do my transfer in May instead. So I'm joining you guys in this thread :)
  • aryan225 likes this

#10 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

sorry, forgot to click "follow" so I have to post again!

#11 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

Welcome Squid!! Sorry to hear about the fluid!! So very disappointing. I had that once during a lining check. But it disappeared after I started the progesterone . Best of luck with your upcoming cycle!!

#12 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Yes, I read online today that sometimes the progesterone dries the fluid up, so I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get to try that before having the cycle cancelled, but I suppose I have to just trust my doc! I do appreciate her not wanting to "waste" an embryo in non-ideal conditions, as I only have two left in the freezer.

Thanks for the welcome :)

#13 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

Welcome Squidlid, hope all works well so you can transfer in May. Do you plan to transfer both of your embryos?

#14 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Hi Babydreamer, I live in Ontario and am doing a funded cycle, so they'll only allow one embryo to be transferred at a time. So, there's definitely no chance of multiples!
  • BabyDreamer9 likes this

#15 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Lol don't be so sure Squid. I have identical twins from a single embryo transfer!
  • aryan225 likes this

#16 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

😦

#17 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Hi ladies, this morning I went for my followup after our 1st fet chemical pregancy. My doctor reassured me that we did everything we could and that the embryo that was transferred was of good quality and sometimes these things just don't work out for reasons out of our control. Which is so true, and so important to remember while going through this journey.
So I have 2, 6 day blasts waiting patiently to be transferred. One is a 4AA and one is a 4BB. He assured me they were very good quality and ok'ed me to transfer both. Apparently there is a 45% chance of a successful term pregnancy and 35% of that chance being twins, based on the quality. So, we will have to wait (as always) and see what happens! I begin suprefact on April 20th. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

#18 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

Sounds like you're ready to go, Babydreamer! Good luck!!

In my own update, AF came today, which was a huge surprise, because it's only CD18 for me. I guess when my transfer got cancelled last week and I went off of the Estrace, my body just assumed it was time to have another period?! Anyways I'm relieved AF came back (hurdle #1 accomplished!), and I'm back at the clinic tomorrow for my baseline testing, hopefully in preparation for my next transfer, which apparently is going to be two weeks earlier than anticipated.
  • Renae and BabyDreamer9 like this

#19 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

Squid : how did your testing go? Early AF... cuts some of the waiting down 😜. What's your protocol?

Babydreamer: good luck 😀

AFM: just counting down the days until I start suprefact... Wednesday🙈. Here we go again lol.

#20 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Eek! Things are starting! Today is my Day 1, so I think I will be transferring in about 3 weeks, if I ovulate as usual.

#21 SquidLid00

SquidLid00
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi Bug- baseline testing was all good. My doc is having me do a natural cycle FET this time, so I'll be in for monitoring more often, but won't have to take any Estrace. Fortunately, I've never had trouble with my natural lining, so hopefully, I'll get the green light on my transfer this month!

Good luck Redgem! Are you doing a natural cycle FET as well (if you're waiting to ovulate?)
  • Renae likes this

#22 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading.
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

HI everyone

A little about myself. I did IVF in 2013 and had a son from my very first FET in the past year  I've done 3 IVFs and 5 FETs for a sibling.  First 3 were negatives then in Dec finally got a positive but it was my first ever chemical. SO we decided to do PGS. So in Feb i did a full IVF we got 2 normal embryos. I transferred 1 in March but again was a chemical.So instead of waiting a cycle im jumping right into another FET after my chemical.  I found out during my transfer that i have mild Adnemyosis and Estrogen makes it much worse. So this month im doing a natural FET but using femara and prednisne. Intralipid  and blood thinners pretty much everything but estrace.   I'm on Cd 7 today my transfer will be late April early May so i decided to join this group also.  Good Luck to everyone. Hoping for BFPP for all of us 

• aryan225 likes this

Me 39  DH 40-  

3 IUIs all BFN 

1st IVF -  2013 first IVF (long protocol)  11 retrieved. 5 blasts Transferred 2 BFN 

FET #1   Jan 2014 transferred 2 blasts- th_abfp.gif Had a beautiful little boy 09/14

Trying for a sibling- March 2016

FET # 2 (last embryo from my sons fresh cycle) Transferred 1 BFN

2nd IVF- August- 2016 ( short protocol) Fresh IVF- 24 follicles retrieved - 3 blasts  was not happy with the short protocol.                 Got better results from the long protocol. Transferred 1 in fresh cycle  BFN

FET # 1 Transferred 1 BFN 

FET # 2  in Dec 2016 of our last embryo had first m/c 

3rd IVF - Started stims Feb 11th doing PGS and embryoscope this cycle 

#23 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading.
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Hi Babydreamer, I live in Ontario and am doing a funded cycle, so they'll only allow one embryo to be transferred at a time. So, there's definitely no chance of multiples!

U can transfer 2 at a time if your over 38 or if there day 3 embryos or if u do 3 single transfers that dont work you can move up to transferring 2. Hope the info helps 

Me 39  DH 40-  

3 IUIs all BFN 

1st IVF -  2013 first IVF (long protocol)  11 retrieved. 5 blasts Transferred 2 BFN 

FET #1   Jan 2014 transferred 2 blasts- th_abfp.gif Had a beautiful little boy 09/14

Trying for a sibling- March 2016

FET # 2 (last embryo from my sons fresh cycle) Transferred 1 BFN

2nd IVF- August- 2016 ( short protocol) Fresh IVF- 24 follicles retrieved - 3 blasts  was not happy with the short protocol.                 Got better results from the long protocol. Transferred 1 in fresh cycle  BFN

FET # 1 Transferred 1 BFN 

FET # 2  in Dec 2016 of our last embryo had first m/c 

3rd IVF - Started stims Feb 11th doing PGS and embryoscope this cycle 

#24 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:36 PM

Redgem: so exciting!!!

Squid: yay for no meds!!

#25 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi Renae, we were in the March fet group together as well. Good luck to you this cycle. 💛

Thanks Bug, same to you! I start my suprefact on Thursday so we will be experiencing the same lovely sniffing all day together. It seems like the suprefact makes the days go slower! Haha