#1 Sarah&tracy

Sarah&tracy
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Bristol center for reproductive

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Good evening everyone,

I am new to the forum rather than just constantly googling out of date forums and stories.
Myself and my partner have been undergoing ivf awhile now we have had two failed attempts and are just feeling hopeless.
Ivf seems to be just over taking our lives we want this more than anything. We have both been so hearth broken with BFNs :(
I am aged 29 and my partner 37 we have just had a 5 day blast transfer using my partners eggs in my body and yesterday received another BFN any success stories out there to keep us going strong please?
Thank you
Sarah

#2 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2,583 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the site. I'm so sorry that you find yourself here. Infertility is so cruel. It fills us with great hope and then you never know what can happen. And you never know if you just try once more if maybe this time it will be different. I've been a member of this site a long time and I've seen people get lucky on the first try, and others try again and again and again only to continue to be heartbroken each time and everything in between. I guess I'd say that the one good thing is that I think at the end of the day most people do reach parenthood at some point in their journey, you just never know when it will happen. I have a friend whose wife got PG using IVF with her own eggs, and then when they were trying for a second she tried her eggs, and her wife's eggs and nothing worked. 

Wishing you lots of luck in your journey.

There are lots of great places in the site where you can join discussions already taking place, or start your own. If/when you cycle again consider joining a cycle buddy group. And you will find lots of same sex couples at various stages of their journey in the same sex area of the site. You can also look at the clinic specific areas or diagnosis specific areas. Wherever you are, know that you are not alone. We are all in this boat ride together.

:flowers:

• Bre likes this

I am 37, DH - 38
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

#3 2Brides

2Brides
  • Cyclebase
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, eating, hiking/nature trails, BABIES!
  • My Clinic:ART- Birmingham, AL

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi Sarah, I'm truly sorry to hear of your recent BFN. My wife and I have done reciprocal IVF as well. We used her eggs and I carried, the first time and my eggs and she carried the second time. Might I ask if you and your wife are adamant that you carry her eggs versus she carrying yours? I understand some family dynamics yield to just one partner being interested in carrying a pregnancy. Our best friends here in Nashville have done reciprocal IVF as well, but they used one partner's eggs and her wife plans to carry all their children. Another couple on this forum have done the same and are working on their third.
Have you guys actually done two separate IVF cycles and gotten BFN both times, with no embryos to freeze? Or one IVF and an FET afterwards? I ask because a lot of women on these forums have really improved their egg quality with some various nutritional supplements and diet changes, between one IVF cycle and the next.

2012: My Pregnancy/ IVF/ (DW was the Egg Donor)

Henry Clyde arrives April 25, 2013! 💙

2014: DW's turn at Pregnancy/Unmedicated FET/( I was the Egg Donor)

Mae Alana arrives August 31, 2015 💗

2017: Try for baby #3 (My turn again...)

January FET (Natural): BFN

February FET (Medicated): BFP!

Feb 24- 8dp5dt Beta: 171, 2nd beta at 15dp5dt: 4730
April 13: Bloodwork reveal we are having a baby GIRL!💗

See my About Me for more details of our journey.

#4 Sarah&tracy

Sarah&tracy
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

Thank you both for your replies, 

At this stage yes my partner is not keen on carrying. We have tried two IVF cycles the first time we only got two good embryos which the clinic transferred both on day 4 and none to freeze. This time around I put my partner on a really healthy Diet with CoQ10 as well to improve egg health for three months. I also went through a few months of acupuncture. So this time around A few weeks ago we had one blast transferred on day 5 with 3 further blasts which reached the criteria to freeze. So the egg health we improved so much. But Unfortunately another BFN.

Thanks 

Sarah 

#5 Emily Lin

Emily Lin
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Hello Sarah,

I totally got how you feel. Me and my husband tried our first IVF November 2016 and it failed :(

We are going to try our 2nd time this month when my period come so I can do the needle again.

I am both excited and worried. Excited for another hope and worried for another disappointment.

My period for this month has been late already for about 3-4 days, and I did a home urine test, which did not show the result I was hoping for. So last Friday, I called my fertility clinic trying to make appointment to see the doctor and discuss about to start the 2nd cycle. And the staff asked me to do the blood test first when I told them my period was late. So I went. And Today Monday morning, I called the clinic again trying to make the appointment with doctor. And the staff over the phone asked me to do the blood test again today (Monday). She said the Friday report did not show I am pregnant but the number is not looking really normal so they want to see the test again today before they let me see the doctor.

Anyway, I don't think I am that lucky to get pregnant this month, as I don't have any symptoms and the home urine test is negative. But I still have to follow what the staff told me to do another blood test. And hopefully I can get the appointment tomorrow when I call in order to prepare for the 2nd IVF trying.

Best luck to all of us Sarah,

Emily 

#6 From0to3

From0to3
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Hi Sarah - the world of ivf can be so cruel, heartbreaking and truly mystifying all at the same time. I am so sorry you find yourself here and every failed cycle can truly feel like a knife through the heart. You asked for success stories so here goes: I too experienced two failed cycles - one bfn on 2 'perfect' hatching blasts that the nurses joked 'theyd bet money on' and one miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat at 9 weeks. The disappointment was crippling but I ended up choosing to go on and my next cycle produced 5 embryos which have resulted in 3 babies with 2 left on ice. None of it makes sense and there are so few guarantees but all I can say is there is some hope for a better end result.
  • lumnay likes this

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/c@9weeks th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#7 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

I am sorry you are dealing with this I totally understand how you are feeling. After one failed attempt you can pick up and try again but after two it just becomes more discouraging. I actually had what looked to be 3 failed cycles. I had one frozen mosaic blast in the freezer that ended up working for me. I have what seems to be poor egg quality at 29 (cycles at 27 and 28). I never got good embryos but they did manage to get one good one. I was feeling just as you were and then finally I found success. I remember how hopeless I felt, but trust in the process and have hope. Out of 3 ivf retrievals I only got 2 blasts, terrible results but finally one worked. Keep trying and try to keep hope.

Me 29 Hubby 32

TTC Since October 2013

1 natural conception miscarriage Nov 2014 at 10 weeks 8388.gif

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

1 Fresh Transfer th_abfn.gif

1 Frozen Transfer th_abfp.gif Finally success with a Frozen Mosaic Embryo! Due May 2017 babyboy.gif

#8 Sarah&tracy

Sarah&tracy
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

Thank you so much all of you for your replys it really does help listening to everyones experience and knowing we are not alone.
Congratulations on both ur success's :) it does help knowing that there is hope to keep trying and fighting and hope to have a success story Like you guys.
Emily best of luck for this month hope you get a positive result.
  • nervus optimist and From0to3 like this

#9 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:22 AM

Hey, I am so sorry to hear the news!  As the ladies mentioned above infertility is so cruel !! I hope you both are doing ok and hanging in there!

We also received some disappointing news. We tried our first IVF a few weeks ago and out of the 7 eggs retrieved, only 3 were mature and out of those 3 nothing fertilized! We are devastated! The ladies on this site are extremely motivating and inspirational, they keep me going and remind me that there are always options! Take the time you need to be sad and mourn, that is important for you both. Once you are ready, regroup and discuss your options! There is no doubt that infertility is a mind consuming and unpredictable battle but knowing i'm not alone and chatting with other ladies/men on this forum really helps me! Hang in there :)

#10 EML

EML
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Hey! My wife and I also had a cycle that didn't work in October. She really wants a genetic babe and I want to carry. We got 10 mature eggs and 7 fertilized. 6 made it to day 3 and then they all stopped growing. It was heartbreaking. We have since been having her take Opti Ova which has COQ10 and PQQ and many other supplements. Eating healthy and trying to stay positive. We are trying again in May. Anyone have no blastocysts to freeze first time around and success when trying again?