#1 karthikeya1248

karthikeya1248
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:None

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Hi,

I was initially diagnosed with Endometriosis measuring 4.2 on right ovary and 2.2 on my left ovary. I did decided to start my first IUI cycle and was advised to have Gonal F.

On day 16 I  was having follicle measuring 2.0 in my right ovary (none on the left ovary which are of good size) and had HCG trigger but resulted in failed IUI.

When I was checking the reports today I found nurse indicated I was having hydrosalpinx  on left ovary starting from day 7.

I would like to seek advise on the following questions.

a) why did doctor proceed with IUI knowing I had hydrosalpinx on my left ovary ?  (I would any way plan to ask my RE but not sure if I will get right reasons)

b ) What would be the best thing to do next ? Fix Hydrosalpinx and endometriosis  ? What would be the best recommendations with respect to fixing them - which surgery to go with?

c) should I go with IVF or will IUI is still a good try with one tube?

#2 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

It sounds as though the possible hydrosalpinx was not known prior to this cycle.

This should be investigated further to help determine if it is really there or not (ideally with a sonohysterogram or HSG), then you can determine how to proceed.

Good luck!

• mouse and Ola1981 like this

#3 karthikeya1248

karthikeya1248
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:None

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Michael  for your quick response.

My doctor has advised for Female Pelvic Ultrasound  which is scheduled for this wednesday.

How should I proceed if Hydro is not there (Does Hydro come and go - is it a risk to go with IUI /IVF, I mean will it interfere with embryo in uterus ( my doctor says Hydrosaplinx does not effect embryos and says never interfere with uterus which I feel not correct )

How should I proceed if Hydro is there  ( what surgery is suggested for endometriosis and hydrosaplinx -will removing /clipping fallpian tubes reduces blood supply to ovaries ) ?

Thanks in advance  ..

#4 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

An ultrasound is not enough. You should have an assessment of your tubes with a sonohysterogram or HSG.

Once you know for certain then you can figure out what to do!

#5 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

As for your questions about hydrosalpinx, they decrease success rates for pregnancy since the fluid inside can flush an embryo out and prevent implantation, and the fluid from a hydrosalpinx is toxic to an embryo. If there is a hydrosalpinx it should be repaired or preferably removed.