12 replies to this topic

#1 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

Hi everyone :)

I have a question, wondering if any of you guys have recently done CCS at olive? how long does it take to get the result back? is it really two weeks? that's such a long wait! and do you know which lab in the U.S they are working with? 

#2 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

I did it last year at Olive. Mine actually took almost 3 weeks but that was due to bad weather but yes, it actually does take 2 weeks th_aggahhh.gif . Feels like the worst wait of your life doesn't it? I believe the lab is in New Jersey they send it to and I think its called reprogenetics.

What doctor are you seeing at Olive? Is this your first cycle there?

Me 29 Hubby 32

TTC Since October 2013

1 natural conception miscarriage Nov 2014 at 10 weeks 8388.gif

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

1 Fresh Transfer th_abfn.gif

1 Frozen Transfer th_abfp.gif Finally success with a Frozen Mosaic Embryo! Due May 2017 babyboy.gif

#3 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Hi Just Hatched thank you for your reply 😍

Yes it's like the longest 2/3 weeks ever !!! I see you got a BFP that's so exciting , congrats 🌸🌸🌸

Im with Dr. Tallon and this is my first IVF cycle , They sent my embryos yesterday and I think by the time they are back it will be April for my transfer :( I just wish it wasn't such a long procrdure ...

Who was your doctor? Did you have a good experience there?

#4 Thisismyyear

Thisismyyear
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility Centre

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

Hello,

I am seeing Dr. Tallon as well. I am starting my first IVF this April. Howis your experience with her
Wishing everyone what their heart desires💕☺️😀

#5 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

Hi thisismyyear , thanks for coming :)

Dr. Tallon is super nice but I don't know if it's my case and my situation or not , she doesn't give you much explanation of what is going on . They say my husband and I are healthy and they cant find a reason why we can't have a baby on our own .
I did 4 iui with her they all failed we only met with her in the beginning and for the rest it was just a nurse giving me the prescription for a new iui. Same medications no change

And for ivf I'm waiting for my transfer . We met once after that for each ultra sound it was a different doctor.

Goodthing about her is that she's caring and responds to emails pertty quick .

#6 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

I was seeing Dr. Hitkari. He is fantastic. I started with Dr. Warriach but transferred to Dr. Hitkari on my second ivf cycle. I had a great experience there. They were really supportive to my husband and I both during our failures and success. I really felt like they were rooting for us.

I was also unexplained like you they didn't know why we weren't getting pregnant but after 3 ivf cycles they assumed poor egg quality. I was 27 when we started ivf, my husband 31 and all our tests were normal so it was really shocking.

I am actually pregnant from a mosaic embryo which is something you may face with your ccs testing. I had no idea a mosaic was even a possibility. I thought it was either normal or not. Well turns out some embryos are both normal and abnormal. I had 2 mosaics on my first cycle no normals. So we froze my mosaics and I did two more retrievals to try and get a normal embryo and I never got one. So they decided to transfer one of my frozen mosaic embryos hoping it would correct in utero. And guess what it did! I am now 29 weeks with a healthy baby boy!

Me 29 Hubby 32

TTC Since October 2013

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

1 Frozen Transfer th_abfp.gif Finally success with a Frozen Mosaic Embryo! Due May 2017 babyboy.gif

#7 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

That's such a great experience , Im so happy for you :)

Im waiting for my ccs result , it's interesting about the mosaic embryos didn't know that :)

One question, were you on provera after your egg retrieval?

#8 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

No I took endometrium after my retrieval. I think the reason I did was because they wanted to leave the option for transfer open...I never got a ton of eggs. I think with provera it closes that door or being able to do a fresh transfer.

On my successful frozen transfer I used estrace 3x a day and progesterone injections at 2cc a day (double dose). I found on the suppositories I got the worst cramps and spotting. I felt it was preventing the embryos from implanting. I chat to another girl in the US who is actually a doctor who was cycling as well and she found success with using the double dose injections so I asked Dr. Hitakri if I could try that. He agreed, I had no spotting or cramping using the injections and I got a BFP. I felt completely different on the injections...I felt better, like my body was ready to get pregnant. But that could of also been the difference of a fresh or frozen transfer. I would never do a fresh transfer again.

Me 29 Hubby 32

TTC Since October 2013

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

#9 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for sharing that I will keep it in mind :)

I got my period today Im waiting for the nurse to call me back I think I need to take Estrace twice daily .

Will let you know once I get an update on my result !
  • Harlo17 likes this

#10 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Yes please do. Good luck!

Me 29 Hubby 32

TTC Since October 2013

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

#11 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

hi! 

I got the result back! it took less than two weeks ! out of 12 embryos I have 6 normal embryos , that's good news :)

waiting for my ultrasound date and then hopefully a transfer date :)

#12 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

That's awesome results congrats!

Me 29 Hubby 32

TTC Since October 2013

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

#13 Jolbak

Jolbak
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Thank you :)