30 replies to this topic

#1 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:ART

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

There was no thread for anyone pregnant with twins in 2017, but after looking at post, i saw that a lot of people ARE pregnant with twins, but just aren't in a twin forum.  Thought i would make one. I am currently 9 weeks, due in October. 

#2 2Brides

2Brides
  • Cyclebase
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, eating, hiking/nature trails, BABIES!
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:ART- Birmingham, AL

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Congrats!! Twins! How exciting! And overwhelming I'm sure, I wonder what the sexes are? Your story is great too, after all the tries you guys have had, I'm so glad you've hit the jackpot! A twin forum would definitely be nice for you mama's with 2 in your belly, are you the only one in your due date thread? In my last due date thread there were a couple twin mamas. It was fun to hear about their journeys as well. Have you ever popped over to the same-sex couple thread either? It's pretty dead right now, but another mama is pregnant with twins too, but I think she is about due.

2012: My Pregnancy/ IVF/ (DW was the Egg Donor)

Henry Clyde arrives April 25, 2013! 💙

2014 DW's turn at Pregnancy/Unmedicated FET/( I was the Egg Donor)

Mae Alana arrives August 31, 2015 💗

2017: Try for baby #3 (My turn again...)

February FET #2 (Medicated): BFP!

Feb 24- 8dp5dt Beta: 171, 2nd beta at 15dp5dt: 4730

See my About Me for more details of our journey. 

#3 lumnay

lumnay
  • Global 100+
  • 671 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Hi Tellete! Congrats on the twin pregnancy. How are you doing today? I'm 19w5d and carrying di-di twins whose due date is end of July but probably will pop earlier than that, but hopefully not too early.

Let's hope more moms will join us.

Who stole ambushed my stork?  So many failed cycles with nothing to show but bills, receipts, and empty bottles of medications/herbs/supplements. See my profile for details... 

Kindly save your sticky vibes and baby dust and send them to those who are new and excited in this journey. 

#4 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

Lumnay hi! What does di-di mean? Im not familiar with twin speak yet lol. I read a lot of different acronyms and have no idea what they mean lol
2brides, ive been to the blog but yea it's dead soi dont venture there much. For now, im the only one in the October due date with multiples. Trying to find out what to expect ya know? Ive read old ones and they are terrifying lol. People who dont make it full term...NICU...bedrest. im in the military and not sure how "bedrest" will go over at work lol. But im finally getting excited. I've had a headache the last few days. Trying to fix my water intake
  • lumnay likes this

#5 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility centre Calgary

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Perfect!! A twin forum page, I love it!

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with twins, technically due July 7th but where I live they don't let them go all the way to 40 weeks. How are you ladies feeling?
  • lumnay likes this
IVF November 2015 - transferred 1 blast - resulted in bfn (8 frozen - 5d embryos)
FET March 2016 - first BFP but ended at 11weeks (ultrasound showed embryo stopped at 8w4d)
FET Oct 2016 - transferred 2 and BFP

#6 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hi C-Ross. How has the pregnancy been so far? Im only 9 weeks. And crazy nervous lol

#7 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hi Tellette
So far the pregnancy has gone well, and I totally get the nervousness. Can be overwhelming sometimes.
IVF November 2015 - transferred 1 blast - resulted in bfn (8 frozen - 5d embryos)
FET March 2016 - first BFP but ended at 11weeks (ultrasound showed embryo stopped at 8w4d)

#8 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Definitely overwhelming at times. Do you know the sex of the babies you are carrying?  When did you find out?  I hear that you can find out earlier than the usual 20 weeks when its twins..is that true?  Not sure i want to know.  If the yare both Girls---i might loose my shit lol.  Girls are so much "harder" than boys. boys stay busy breaking, climbing, destroying stuff lol...but girls will sit around you and listen and learn from your conversation lol..would drive me crazy..especially since i am in the Navy and i have a potty mouth already lol

#9 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

Tellette - we chose not to find out the gender of the babies, most people who want to find out do at their 20 week anatomy scan. I also know some who found out through their prenatal screenings like NIPT or one of those tests, and those are done much earlier

#10 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • 1000+
  • 1,443 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis/VFC

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Crashing!  Tellette, I have a boy and I also have a potty mouth and somehow my boy can be in another room (breaking or climbing, lol) and he STILL hears every word I say!  So don't go thinking you're all safe because boys are off being busy.  They hear everything!  That said, I agree, boys are the best (clearly I'm biased)!

Good luck to you all!

• Tellette likes this

TTC since December 2004

One successful IVF

Many, many unsuccessful IF treatments

Finally a successful DE cycle!  babyEver is due July 1st.

#11 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

I have a boy now. EverHopefull and i agree boys are the best.  after 27 nieces and nephews..the girls just seem nosier lol...but it could just be that the boys are better at hiding their nosiness lol. 

C-Ross ohhh a surprise! I cant do it lol...ive been thinking about it more and more...i wish i COULD...but the way my obsessive disorder is lol...i just got to know lol.  Do you know what DI DI twins are? i saw that above. i am trying to get educated on the whole twin acronyms lol..there should be a twin dictionary

#12 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Hey Tellette

Di-Di means dichorionic and diamniotic which just means they each have their own placenta and amniotic sac. We found out at our 19 week ultrasound that ours are di-di twins.
When is your next ultrasound?

And yes choosing not to find out the genders hasn't always been easy, especially when the ultrasound tech told us to stare at the ceiling while she measured the femurs and bladders. It was so hard not to peak haha. We just figured that there wasn't always a lot of surprises going the ivf route and this is our first, so opted to leave something up to surprise :)

#13 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

oh ok. i believe mine must be Di-Di as well.  They do have their own Sacs and placenta as well. No one has called them that though lol.  My 1st appt with my OB finally is on the 5th.  We have had 2 ultrasounds already and they didn't mention that at all. just said they were growing nicely and i saw the heart beat.  I haven't heard it yet.  and i am 10wk/1 day.  Id love to hear the heartbeat.  hopefully soon. 

#14 2Brides

2Brides
  • Cyclebase
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, eating, hiking/nature trails, BABIES!
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:ART- Birmingham, AL

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Tellete, we have gobs of twins in our November due date thread, you should pop over and visit every now and then! And I read that you can do the prenatal screening blood test (chromosomal test and learn sex) even with twins! You do that blood test as early as 10 weeks! So, after waiting a week for results, you could know the sex of your babies by 11 weeks. That's only 2 weeks away for you!!

Also, thanks for your service in the navy! That's such a gift to us all (in the US).

2012: My Pregnancy/ IVF/ (DW was the Egg Donor)

Henry Clyde arrives April 25, 2013! 💙

2014 DW's turn at Pregnancy/Unmedicated FET/( I was the Egg Donor)

Mae Alana arrives August 31, 2015 💗

2017: Try for baby #3 (My turn again...)

February FET #2 (Medicated): BFP!

Feb 24- 8dp5dt Beta: 171, 2nd beta at 15dp5dt: 4730

See my About Me for more details of our journey. 

#15 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

Hey 2Brides,  I think im the only one expecting twins in the October cycle. blah lol...so lonely lol.  I need to know what to expect!! Ill pop in and say hi lol. Im already high rish..i dont think i want to do any test that will freak me out...not like id change any outcome anyway...would probably just freak me out and stress me out.  plus im still fearful they both girls lmao.

Thank you for the Support.  Being in the Navy has been awesome..but extremely stressful.  Heck being a lesbian in the Navy...wheww...being a black lesbian in the Navy...OMG lol. i have 4.5 years before i can retire.  Looking forward to it!!

• 2Brides likes this

#16 JJ88

JJ88
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:eclectic interests, but basically a homebody :)
    Baking, trying out new recipes...
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

I have a boy now. EverHopefull and i agree boys are the best.  after 27 nieces and nephews..the girls just seem nosier lol...but it could just be that the boys are better at hiding their nosiness lol. 

C-Ross ohhh a surprise! I cant do it lol...ive been thinking about it more and more...i wish i COULD...but the way my obsessive disorder is lol...i just got to know lol.  Do you know what DI DI twins are? i saw that above. i am trying to get educated on the whole twin acronyms lol..there should be a twin dictionary

Di/di twins are the most common type of twinsand the lowest risk. Di/di twins can be identical if the egg split very early, but fraternal twins are always di/di. In di/di twins, each twin has their own placenta and their own amniotic sac.

Monochorionic twins generally have two amniotic sacs (called Monochorionic-Diamniotic "MoDi"), but sometimes, in the case of monoamniotic twins(Monochorionic-Monoamniotic "MoMo"), they also share the same amniotic sac.

I am supposedly due sometime November 2, but given we're having twins, the estimate is mid October :) 
This is both our first pregnancy so partly confused, mostly anxious, and also excited and doing a lot of prayers! 

Re your question about gender early. My cousin mentioned a new test these days that is a blood test and they can detect gender earlier. 

#17 Cure4Mito

Cure4Mito
  • Global 100+
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:San Diego Fertility Clinic, Create

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

Hi all!  Glad this thread got started, I came here months ago and I was like am I the only one having twins??

Well I'm currently 7months pregnant with boy/girl di/di twins.  I expect they'll be born around May 26 (37 weeks).

Super excited, but now getting nervous that reality is hitting that they'll be here soon.  Moving into a new house and then new babies, exciting times :)

Hope everyone is doing well with their pregnancy!

Me - 32 34

DH - 34 36

April 2012 - DS born @ 38 weeks, 6lbs 14oz.

August 2012 - Due to a rare genetic condition, our beautiful son passed away.  Always our little guardian angel.

April 2013 - Starting the journey to use donor eggs... Looking forward to giving our little angel brothers and sisters.

June 2013 - Found donor, cancelled cycle door to poor response to meds and not producing any eggs

July/August 2013 - Round 2 with donor; cancelled due to her grandmother's death

September 2013 - Found new proven donor; last time she is willing to donate

November @ SDFC: 32 eggs retrieved, 28 fertilized, 13 good enough to freeze

November 4 - Transfer of 1 perfect blast at San Diego Fertility Clinic, 12 blasts on ice.

November 13th - POAS (one of many) - Positive

November 15th - Beta #1 - 332 - Pregnant

November 19th - Beta #2 - 1600

December 2nd - Ultrasound #1 - 1 little bean with HB 117 & EDD July 22, 2014

Poor baby, missed miscarriage. Now planning for FET in several months...

1st - 6th FET: All failed

Onto finding a new donor, Egg Helpers.

Donor #2: did a cycle, but no embryos resulted

Donor #3: cycle successful, 13 embryos resulted, 2 transferred

Currently pregnant with twins. 

#18 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

Cure - welcome to our little group! How are you feeling at 7 months? Are you still working? I'm currently 6 months and getting curious how the next few months are going to be.
  • lumnay likes this

#19 alyssum

alyssum
  • 96 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

Hi all, Tellette mentioned to me she started this thread and didn't realize how many are expecting twins now!  I'm 25 weeks.  Totally understand the nervousness others feel too.  I was constantly worried the pregnancy was going to get really hard with twins.  I've realized now it's not been that hard for me so far and trying to learn to just focus on the present instead of worrying about what's ahead.  So for those who are still in the first trimester, can give you some reassurance that you're not guaranteed to have it so hard (at least to 25 weeks!).  

That said, it surprised me how fast my belly started to grow around second trimester.  But it drives me more crazy about what people think I can and can't do then the belly itself.   I feel I know my limits very well. In the meantime if I want to work in the garden, go biking, shovel some snow, or do some home projects with the drill then I am going to do them.  And I'll stop working when it's the right time for me.  I know their intentions are good but---aargh!  I work with a lot of men and I think they assume that pregnancy makes women very fragile, while I actually feel it's making my body quite strong.  For instance, I gotta build up a lot more back and arm muscles so I can keep being able to turn over in bed!

• lumnay likes this

Blog @ https://queerconception.wordpress.com/

Me - 35, GF - 36

2016 May 28 - 1st IUI - Endometrin 200mg; 2016 Jun 13 - th_abfn.gif

2016 Jun 24 - 2nd IUI - Endometrin 200mg; 2016 Jul 10 - th_abfn.gif

2016 Jul 25 - 3rd IUI - unmedicated; 2016 Aug 2 - th_AF.gif

2016 Aug 15 - 4th IUI - Endometrin 200mg; 2016 Aug 31 - th_abfn.gif

2016 Oct 7 - 5th IUI - Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7), 3 follicles, Endometrin 200mg th_abfp.gif

2016 Oct 24 - HCG 2208 IU/L th_aholysheep.gif

2017 Jun 30 - Twins due!

#20 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hahaha Alyssum lol..true...turning over is a struggle when you AREN'T pregnant lol..with twins its probably crazy difficult. So im 11 weeks today. Not showing and my nausea is pretty much gone. But i swear i pee every 10 minutes..its sooo annoying. Anyone else experience that? I wonder if dometh2is wrong. Happened yesterday too. Today i didnt even drink much water and i peed 5 times in an hour..roughly 35 times today. Ugh. Its crazy annoying. I cant get anything done...cant make it across town lol..and then when i go to the bathroom..its like a tiny capful lol grrrrrr lol

#21 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

Alyssum - welcome and I totally agree that people think pregnant women are fragile, definitely frustrating sometimes.

Tellette- haha peeing a million times a day is totally normal and only gets worse the further along you are. Get used to the frequent bathroom trips :)
  • lumnay likes this

#22 Tellette

Tellette
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

C-ROSS i think i am peeing too much and too early. Ugh...like allllll the time. I cant go an hour withour1peeing at lsast23 times!

#23 alyssum

alyssum
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Tellette, I certainly pee a lot but 5 times an hour without much water may be a little more than normal even for pregnancy.  You might want to ask for a UTI screen just to put your mind at ease.  I felt it was really bad in first trimester and a little better in second trimester.  As I understand, it's due to the uterus expanding but not yet out of the pelvic cavity in the beginning.  So it's pressing right on your bladder making for a small reservoir.

Me - 35, GF - 36

2016 Oct 7 - 5th IUI - Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7), 3 follicles, Endometrin 200mg th_abfp.gif

2017 Jun 30 - Twins due!

#24 Cure4Mito

Cure4Mito
  • Global 100+
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:San Diego Fertility Clinic, Create

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

C-Ross: I'm done work this Friday.  We're moving to our new house next week, and I wanted to stop working before then.  I'm feeling ok at 7 months, surprised how big the babies grew within the last few weeks of the second trimester.  They now feel so heavy, like I'm more than 8 months pregant with a single baby.  How are you doing with your pregnancy?

Alyssum: Do you know what you're having, how far along are you?  I'm technically due June 16, but doctor said most likely give birth earlier around 37 weeks.  Just before my anniversary in May, so that'll be fun :)

Me - 32 34

DH - 34 36

April 2012 - DS born @ 38 weeks, 6lbs 14oz.

August 2012 - Due to a rare genetic condition, our beautiful son passed away.  Always our little guardian angel.

April 2013 - Starting the journey to use donor eggs... Looking forward to giving our little angel brothers and sisters.

June 2013 - Found donor, cancelled cycle door to poor response to meds and not producing any eggs

July/August 2013 - Round 2 with donor; cancelled due to her grandmother's death

September 2013 - Found new proven donor; last time she is willing to donate

November @ SDFC: 32 eggs retrieved, 28 fertilized, 13 good enough to freeze

November 4 - Transfer of 1 perfect blast at San Diego Fertility Clinic, 12 blasts on ice.

November 13th - POAS (one of many) - Positive

November 15th - Beta #1 - 332 - Pregnant

November 19th - Beta #2 - 1600

December 2nd - Ultrasound #1 - 1 little bean with HB 117 & EDD July 22, 2014

Poor baby, missed miscarriage. Now planning for FET in several months...

1st - 6th FET: All failed

Onto finding a new donor, Egg Helpers.

Donor #2: did a cycle, but no embryos resulted

Donor #3: cycle successful, 13 embryos resulted, 2 transferred

Currently pregnant with twins. 

#25 alyssum

alyssum
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Cure4Mito: They are a boy and a girl!  Just what we hoped for and everyone predicted.  I'm just 2 weeks behind you (25 weeks).  Are you wearing a support belt or considering one?  I don't feel a need for it yet but I wonder if I'll want it when I get bigger.  I bought my big pregnancy pillow much earlier than expected (19 weeks) and no regrets.  I bought it online and spent the whole week looking forward to it.  How are you doing with baby preparations?  I feel like we can finally take a breather from buying stuff now we got some of the big things out of the way (e.g stroller, car seats).

Me - 35, GF - 36

2017 Jun 30 - Twins due!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins, multiples