No replies to this topic

#1 leftythehopefuldad

leftythehopefuldad
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

I was diagnosed with Oligospermia while simultaneously trying to get pregnant with my wife, and undergoing investigations for cancer due to a tumour I had removed during a routine hernia surgery. This was probably the most stressful three months of my life and I didn't know how to deal with it. I started writing; at first to give myself a way of telling my family without having to answer the same questions over and over.

That was until I had a conversation with my wife about a poll that she read on one of the fertility forums she was a member of. Something like 80% or 90% of the respondents said that their husband/partner refused to go for a semen analysis. I 100% related to that statistic, it's an immensely embarrassing and emasculating thing to deal with. So I decided to move my writing online, so that if nothing else, others that are going through something similar, might have something to relate to. Or for those female partners, having trouble getting their counterpart to take the plunge, it might help to convince them.

What I have come to the realization of is that the ability to conceive a child does not make one a man, it is how the man raises that child that does so.

Check out my blog and send me a comment or an email if it helps.

http:/knocked-downblogspot.ca/