• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cerejanebellum

Cerejanebellum
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Pcrm

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Hi friends... just had my egg retrieval Monday, and only got six eggs after consistently having 12 follicles on ultrasound... apparently because my ovaries are stuck together behind the uterus and near the rectum (sorry TMi) they had to stop trying to retrieve any more because it was "getting too dangerous". I have probable endometriosis but never diagnosed with lap. Has anyone else experienced this? Five fertilized but I'm afraid we might need another round now if we don't get many embryos... I'm scared of future egg retrievals now.

#2 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 588 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:McGill & ARTUS

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Sorry to hear this.  Though 5 embryos is pretty decent so that's a good chance!

I can relate to your story - my first retrieval was extremely painful. I had heard that sometimes they can't get all the eggs out due to positioning etc. so I begged the doc to "get them all out please". She worked hard at it but it was one of the worst pain I've ever had, like unbearable. I begged for more drugs but they refused. It even took a while after the retrieval for the pain to subside.  However I did have egg retrievals after which were pain-free and I have no idea why the difference.

After that I was told that my ovaries were wrapped behind uterus and in surgery they found stage 4 endometriosis with MAJOR adhesions and tubes/ovaries adhered to the back of the pelvis, also obliterated cul du sac, bowel stuck to back of uterus, and more endometriosis left remaining near in bowel area as it was too dangerous to remove. 

Not sure what else to say other than that in my case I had a painful retrieval followed by non-painful, so it is possible!

Best of luck with your embryos - all you need is one :)

Dx: Age (40+) & Endometriosis & Tubal & DNA fragmentation

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest: pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#3 annatarz79

annatarz79
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:21 AM

I do not have endo but one of my ovaries was really high and it was always difficult to locate during an u/s. i had a lap last june and apparently they managed to "unstuck" the ovary and was lower since then. 

i have a question will you continue with transfer even thought you have endo??? 

#4 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1,201 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Good luck to you - I hope that your embryos continue to develop and you get some frosties too! I don't remember my egg retrieval process well - my husband says I kept passing out and coming to. Thank god he was there - those guys should KNOW what we go through.

:P

Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30. TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012. Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.