135 replies to this topic

#1 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Centre

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm in waiting mode, until AF arrives, so I thought I'd start this thread to see if anyone else is cycling in April.

I'm doing microdose flare protocol, so I'll be starting the birth control pill with my next cycle and starting Lupron late March.  Rough dates have my ER in early April at OFC!  

This is my first cycle (HOPEFULLY also my last), so I need all the support I can get!  

• ENF likes this

#2 Ibeji

Ibeji
  • 25 posts
  • My Clinic:Astra

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Hi Notorious I.V.F,
I'm cycling in April too.
This will be my third and last IVF, luckily I'm getting funding this time.
I have no dates yet and not sure of the protocol I will be going with.
I should get all that info by March
These groups are usually great and very supportive
Wishing us all the very best👍🏽

#3 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

Might be joining you ladies too, but not 100% sure yet. Trying to get psyched up for the rollercoaster again! This will be our 4th cycle and so far we are 0 for 3.

#4 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Welcome violetta and Ibeji! I'm still in waiting mode...fun times :)

#5 csbd

csbd
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

Starting birth control this month, transfer in April! Date TBD.
  • JCharbs likes this

#6 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

Starting birth control this month, transfer in April! Date TBD.

Me too! Is it just me or does it feel silly to go on the pill in order to get pregnant? :)

#7 csbd

csbd
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

It does! I feel like a teen again, except this time I'm more diligent at taking it the exact same time everyday!
  • Notorious I.V.F. likes this

#8 AbstractEyes

AbstractEyes
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Its looking like I am going to also be cycling in April! 🎉 Yay, team!

@Violetta, girl, do I feel that. This will be our 4th IVF as well! 2017 has got to be our year!
  • JCharbs and violetta like this

Daughter born - October 16, 2008

Husbands car accident - October 24, 2009 (result - paraplegia)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVF Cycle #1

February 10th, 2014 - began Puregon 75 & Repronex 75

February 13th - was told to do Puregon 150 as I had a reaction to the Repronex and to stop injecting Repronex all together

February 14th - began to do Puregon 150 and Luveris 75

February 15th - began Oragulatran

February 18th - trigger shot

February 20th - egg retrieval, 8 eggs retrieved

February 22nd - cycle cancelled, poor quality eggs

IVF Cycle #2

May 4th, 2014- began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections

May 21st - began Gonal F 300 & Luveris 75

May 26th - u/s showing about 10-11 follicles so far. Dr. said I am responding well to the meds and everything is going as planned

May 29th - reduced Gonal F to 150 mg and stopped Suprefact injections

May 30th - 12 follies on the left ovary measuring from 12.2 to 18.4 ... 10 follies on the right measuring from 12.7 to 21 ... endo thickness 9.9

May 31st - Triggered

June 2nd - ER - 16 eggs retrieved. That's DOUBLE than last time. I hope this is a good sign!

June 3rd - clinic called, of the 16 eggs, 12 were paired with sperm but only 5 of those fertilized. They want me to come in tomorrow to possibly do a Day 2 transfer and/or talk about our options.

June 4th - transferred two four cell embryos! Left the last remaining embryo to see if it would become freezable

June 7th - got the call that our last embryo started to degress so we have nothing to freeze. Getting so impatient to POAS!

June 17th - Beta at 7. Chemical pregnancy.

IVF Cycle #3

Sept 10th, 2014 - began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections ...going to follow the same protocol as last cycle!

Sept 29th - began Gonal F 225 & Luveris 75

Oct 8th - right side follies: 20.4, 19.4, 19.2, 19.2, 18.7, 17.0, 16.8, 15.9, 15.4, 14.6, 14.2

- left side follies: 20.7, 19.2, 16.8, 16.7, 16.7, 15.7, 14.6, 14.3, 13.8

- endo lining - 9.9

Oct. 9th - Triggered!

Oct. 11th - ER day. 13 eggs retrieved!

Oct. 12th - Fertility report - they were able to fertilize all 13 of the eggs after requesting my hubby bring two samples to the clinic on the 11th. Both samples were poor quality but they found 13 sperm to use. Of the 13 fertilized eggs, only 3 lasted through the night. Doc suggested we do a 2 day transfer TOMORROW.

Oct. 13th - transferred 2 two-cell embryos.. Beta scheduled for Oct. 28!

Oct. 26th - POAS at home and received THREE BFP pregnancy tests!

Oct. 28th - blood test in the AM...started spotting in the early afternoon. Heartbroken and shattered. Clinic called and said beta was 56 but I'd need to go back on the 30th.

Oct. 30th - Beta levels rose to 132. Still bleeding.

Nov. 1st - 3rd beta. Still bleeding. Quite heavily now with clots. Beta is now 369.

Nov. 3rd - 4th beta. HCG # still rising. Still bleeding. No clots now

Nov. 5th - beta dropped by 500 pts. Nurses told me to stop taking my meds. It's over. Another glaring failure.

IUI Cycle #1

October 2015 - hubby begins taking supplements to help his 0 sperm count

Feb. 18, 2016 - RE is THOROUGHLY impressed with hubby's sperm count. 0 to 36 million per ml. Suggests we try conceiving at home, though we've been trying actively since August. Suggests we try an IUI instead of ICSI as well as get an HSG done just to make sure there's not another reason why I keep miscarrying.

Feb. 19 - begin Clomid 2x/day

Feb. 26 - have HSG done - tubes are clear!

Feb. 29 - have follicular ultrasound. One mature follie.

Mar. 1 - HCG shot

Mar. 3 - IUI....RE warns beforehand that the sperm is shitty quality again and they had to thaw some of the frozen straws we had stored. RE says not to get our hopes up. th_agrr.gif

Mar. 17 - AF rears her ugly head. Another BFN.

IUI Cycle #3

May 2016 - FAIL

#9 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Hey everyone! I'm new to IVF, and trying to learn all there is to know. My cycle is scheduled for end of April/ early May. I've never done an IUI either, so I'm very new to this experience. I don't know about my protocol yet.

#10 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

Welcome AbstractEyes and Mamasita204!

I'm about to call in my Day 1 to our clinic this morning! Back on birth control for me!

Also, does anyone ever sit there thinking...are you REALLY starting today? Or are you just messing with me? Because, man...my uterus likes to fake me out sometimes! 

#11 csbd

csbd
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

I still can't believe it's happening! I'll likely be doing my own injections, yesterday I watched some PIO injection videos on YouTube and freaked myself right out 😶

#12 issaxoxo1991

issaxoxo1991
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Heartland turned VFC

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hi All! Hope its ok if I join :) I will be cycling in April as well. Just waiting for my next cycle to start and then I'll be on the BCP. This is my first round of IVF, and I will be on an antagonist protocol. I'm so excited but also nervous!!!

• JCharbs and Notorious I.V.F. like this

#13 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

I still can't believe it's happening! I'll likely be doing my own injections, yesterday I watched some PIO injection videos on YouTube and freaked myself right out

You watched videos? Brave woman! I can't...

Needles don't bother me! I don't mind getting them.  I've given them to other people.  I can't even think about giving them to myself! I mean...I don't have much choice in the matter...but, UGHHHH!

#14 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

Welcome issaxoxo1991! Glad you joined the party!

So, I just paid for my cycle!  Now, I'm back to eating like a university student for a while I think :P  

#15 Fairytale99

Fairytale99
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hey ladies!! I may be cycling with u all as well but could be May. I just had my first IVF cycle in January so I'm hoping #2 is my cycle for BFP!! Newbies for ivf please if u have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm an open book and want to help. 😊

#16 Austinite108

Austinite108
  • 42 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Texas Fertility Center

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

Hi All - 

Just received my bfn for IVF 1 last Friday. Looks like I will be stimming again in April. Taking a break of one month to load up on Royal Jelly, Ubiquinol and Dhea for better egg quality.

Just wanted to tell the gals who are here for first time - I freaked out the first time I learned I would have to give myself injections. I'm so wimpy I usually could never watch getting my blood drawn (even fainted once) and I can't even watch anything gory on TV...I start feeling weird. BUT the injection part is not so bad...I was a pro towards the end. I think ya'll have it in you...don't worry. I definitely have some tips for you guys that really worked for me.

Me 33 - Diagnosed with Stage IV Endometriosis, Ovulation Normal, Tubes Normal and Unblocked

DH 39 - No Issues

TTC 3 years

December 2015 - found cyst on right ovary. Doctor believed it to be normal

May 2016 - after repeated ultrasounds, found out it was a chocolate cyst and diagnosed with Stage IV Endo

June 2016 - laparoscopy to remove chocolate cyst and endo, everything went well

August 2016 - first IUI th_abfn.gif

September 2016 - second IUI th_abfn.gif

October 2016 - third IUI th_abfn.gif

First IVF Cycle

November 2016 - started stimming - 25 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5, and only 1 was normal after PG Testing - Grade BB

Feb 15, 2017 - transfer of one and only embryo

Feb 24, 2017 - Beta testing th_abfn.gif th_agrr.gif

#17 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

Hey ladies! I watched some ivf injection videos on YouTube. I think I will have my DH do them so I don't sit there with a needle in my hand for 10min trying to get the nerve to do it.

I got my protocol info today. Antagonist protocol with Gonal F and Luveris.

I have a question for everyone. Are you taking ubiquinol and ASA? The DR added that to my protocol.

#18 AbstractEyes

AbstractEyes
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

FWIW, I had my hubby do my injections for my first cycle but then made myself learn to do them for our subsequent cycles. I actually prefer doing them myself now. I find that having the control of when the needle goes in was so much easier for me than having my hubby leaning over my tummy with the sharp object in his hand lol.

Daughter born - October 16, 2008

Husbands car accident - October 24, 2009 (result - paraplegia)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVF Cycle #1

February 10th, 2014 - began Puregon 75 & Repronex 75

February 13th - was told to do Puregon 150 as I had a reaction to the Repronex and to stop injecting Repronex all together

February 14th - began to do Puregon 150 and Luveris 75

February 15th - began Oragulatran

February 18th - trigger shot

February 20th - egg retrieval, 8 eggs retrieved

February 22nd - cycle cancelled, poor quality eggs

IVF Cycle #2

May 4th, 2014- began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections

May 21st - began Gonal F 300 & Luveris 75

May 26th - u/s showing about 10-11 follicles so far. Dr. said I am responding well to the meds and everything is going as planned

May 29th - reduced Gonal F to 150 mg and stopped Suprefact injections

May 30th - 12 follies on the left ovary measuring from 12.2 to 18.4 ... 10 follies on the right measuring from 12.7 to 21 ... endo thickness 9.9

May 31st - Triggered

June 2nd - ER - 16 eggs retrieved. That's DOUBLE than last time. I hope this is a good sign!

June 3rd - clinic called, of the 16 eggs, 12 were paired with sperm but only 5 of those fertilized. They want me to come in tomorrow to possibly do a Day 2 transfer and/or talk about our options.

June 4th - transferred two four cell embryos! Left the last remaining embryo to see if it would become freezable

June 7th - got the call that our last embryo started to degress so we have nothing to freeze. Getting so impatient to POAS!

June 17th - Beta at 7. Chemical pregnancy.

IVF Cycle #3

Sept 10th, 2014 - began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections ...going to follow the same protocol as last cycle!

Sept 29th - began Gonal F 225 & Luveris 75

Oct 8th - right side follies: 20.4, 19.4, 19.2, 19.2, 18.7, 17.0, 16.8, 15.9, 15.4, 14.6, 14.2

- left side follies: 20.7, 19.2, 16.8, 16.7, 16.7, 15.7, 14.6, 14.3, 13.8

- endo lining - 9.9

Oct. 9th - Triggered!

Oct. 11th - ER day. 13 eggs retrieved!

Oct. 12th - Fertility report - they were able to fertilize all 13 of the eggs after requesting my hubby bring two samples to the clinic on the 11th. Both samples were poor quality but they found 13 sperm to use. Of the 13 fertilized eggs, only 3 lasted through the night. Doc suggested we do a 2 day transfer TOMORROW.

Oct. 13th - transferred 2 two-cell embryos.. Beta scheduled for Oct. 28!

Oct. 26th - POAS at home and received THREE BFP pregnancy tests!

Oct. 28th - blood test in the AM...started spotting in the early afternoon. Heartbroken and shattered. Clinic called and said beta was 56 but I'd need to go back on the 30th.

Oct. 30th - Beta levels rose to 132. Still bleeding.

Nov. 1st - 3rd beta. Still bleeding. Quite heavily now with clots. Beta is now 369.

Nov. 3rd - 4th beta. HCG # still rising. Still bleeding. No clots now

Nov. 5th - beta dropped by 500 pts. Nurses told me to stop taking my meds. It's over. Another glaring failure.

IUI Cycle #1

October 2015 - hubby begins taking supplements to help his 0 sperm count

Feb. 18, 2016 - RE is THOROUGHLY impressed with hubby's sperm count. 0 to 36 million per ml. Suggests we try conceiving at home, though we've been trying actively since August. Suggests we try an IUI instead of ICSI as well as get an HSG done just to make sure there's not another reason why I keep miscarrying.

Feb. 19 - begin Clomid 2x/day

Feb. 26 - have HSG done - tubes are clear!

Feb. 29 - have follicular ultrasound. One mature follie.

Mar. 1 - HCG shot

Mar. 3 - IUI....RE warns beforehand that the sperm is shitty quality again and they had to thaw some of the frozen straws we had stored. RE says not to get our hopes up. th_agrr.gif

Mar. 17 - AF rears her ugly head. Another BFN.

IUI Cycle #3

May 2016 - FAIL

#19 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

Hey ladies! I watched some ivf injection videos on YouTube. I think I will have my DH do them so I don't sit there with a needle in my hand for 10min trying to get the nerve to do it.

I was thinking of doing the same thing! I'm not confident I can do it myself.  But, then again...I'm not sure I trust him to do it either :)

#20 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Welcome, Fairytale99 and Austinite108!  Looks like we're going to have a big group of ladies cycling in April!

• Austinite108 likes this

#21 Austinite108

Austinite108
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

I agree with AbstractEyes - initially I had told my husband you are doing the injections. There is no way in HECK that I am doing this. So much so that he had a personal trip that he had to make and I made sure he would come back two days before I start stimming. But of course, knowing my luck he had to extend his trip due to an emergency so i was stuck doing the injections for the first few days. 

After getting over my fear, I did them and when my husband came back he offered to do them. By then I realized it was much more easier doing it urself. For one - a couple of the injections sting a bit when you enter it. So I would very slowly inject based on the level of stinging I was feeling. I always made sure to numb my stomach area with ice for at least 7 minutes...and I would never feel the needle going in smile.png

My doctor has me on ubiquinol, dhea and royal jelly.

@mamasita - what is your dosage of ubiquinol? I'm on 400mg. What is ASA?

Me 33 - Diagnosed with Stage IV Endometriosis, Ovulation Normal, Tubes Normal and Unblocked

DH 39 - No Issues

TTC 3 years

May 2016 - after repeated ultrasounds, found out it was a chocolate cyst and diagnosed with Stage IV Endo

First IVF Cycle

November 2016 - started stimming - 25 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5, and only 1 was normal after PG Testing - Grade BB

#22 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

I agree with AbstractEyes - initially I had told my husband you are doing the injections. There is no way in HECK that I am doing this. So much so that he had a personal trip that he had to make and I made sure he would come back two days before I start stimming. But of course, knowing my luck he had to extend his trip due to an emergency so i was stuck doing the injections for the first few days. 
After getting over my fear, I did them and when my husband came back he offered to do them. By then I realized it was much more easier doing it urself. For one - a couple of the injections sting a bit when you enter it. So I would very slowly inject based on the level of stinging I was feeling. I always made sure to numb my stomach area with ice for at least 7 minutes...and I would never feel the needle going in smile.png

My doctor has me on ubiquinol, dhea and royal jelly.

@mamasita - what is your dosage of ubiquinol? I'm on 400mg. What is ASA?

Ubiquinol 300mg 2xday, but I can't find that dosage, so I have to take 3 100mg pills 2xday.
ASA is aspirin( 81mg I think). I thought that was strange. I haven't started with that yet.

#23 Austinite108

Austinite108
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

Ok great! I'm not sure if I should take 600...I have actually been thinking of upping it to 600. Oh ok...I have heard a lot about ASA. It apparently increases blood circulation and helps with lining!

DH 39 - No Issues

TTC 3 years

First IVF Cycle

#24 Notorious I.V.F.

Notorious I.V.F.
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Is anyone else doing microdose flare protocol? I'm starting on the BCP this Monday, then Lupron, Gonal F, and Luveris later in the month!

My doctor hasn't mentioned Asprin or anything else to me yet! Should I start looking into that and supplements?

#25 Austinite108

Austinite108
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

I would definitely look into ubiquinol and royal jelly. Will help with egg quality.

DH 39 - No Issues

TTC 3 years

First IVF Cycle