• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cerejanebellum

Cerejanebellum
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Pcrm

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hello all... have arrived at Day 6 of stims for my first ivf... from day 2 I've been super bloated, day 3 my e2 was 2169 so they dropped my gonal f from 225 to 175. Went for ultrasound and blood work yesterday, 13 measurable follies and e2 was 3096. I started cetrotide last night as well as going back up to 225 gonal f. My concern: I've been having loads of ewcm and this am I don't feel nearly as bloated as I was before... is it possible I've ovulated all my beautiful follicles away? Or could it be the cetrotide has slowed things down so I'm just not bloating as much? Any experience would help as I'm freaking out now 💗

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

I had lots of ewcm during my last IVF cycle and I had not ovulated my follicles before retrieval. I had even gone for my every three year pap test and my family doctor made a comment and had to do an extra wipe away of my cervix because of all the ewcm. TMI maybe, but just to allay your fears that this means nothing.

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#3 cakeforbreakfast

cakeforbreakfast
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Funny, I just searched the same thing the other day ☺. You are fine, it's completely normal to have extra cm and you won't unintentionally ovulate early.

#4 Marianne681

Marianne681
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

I'm not sure if this thread is still active but I am a first timer and about to start my stims. My question is, were you able to work comfortably around days 6-8 of stims? I have a big conference those days and I want to make sure that I will be comfortable doing it. My employer doesn't know that we are doing ivf and I would like to keep it confidential.

#5 Faith2017

Faith2017
  • 57 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Fertility Solutions

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Yes, however your hormones are at full speed so basically like your period times 1000. I only had one cycle with Lupron which gave me a splitting headache. Otherwise I was fine.

th_abfp.gif  th_agl.gif  8388.gif flow.gif  sailing_smilie.gif crsd.gificon_stickyvibespink.gif

Me-44 DH-43

IVF#1 BFN (summer 2016)

IVF#2 BFP but ended with no heartbeat (Fall 2016)

IVF#3 BFN (Winter 2017)

IVF#4 BFP (Spring 2017)

#6 yogini

yogini
  • 9 posts
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I am wondering the same thing as Marianne681. Started Marvelon yesterday prior to our cycle set for June. Just with that and CoenzymeQ10 600mg, I am significantly nauseated and sleepy. I've never had issues with birth control pills back in the day, but then again it's never been Marvelon. I can certainly work with these side effects, although maybe not as easily as without, but it's making me scared of the stims - I thought this was supposed to be the easy part, expected zero side effects.

Any other thoughts? Anyone have side effects from a birth control pill pre-cycle able to comment on the stims side effects in comparison for them? I realize everyone is different, but I still think knowing about someone else coping through it would make me feel better...

TTC x 2011

Initial workup completed 2013 - Unexplained

Waited to be financially and emotionally ready to consider treatments - 2017 dx DOR

1st IVF cycle underway - hoping for ER around June 27th. 3 follies measurable on day 6 of STIMS.

Currently on twice daily gonal-f 112.5, Menopur 75 and Suprefact 0.4

Starting to look like an odd dalmatien.  

#7 Marianne681

Marianne681
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

Hey! So for me (stims, didn't do bcp)it was totally fine. I am 36 and I didn't overstim. Here is what i think worked: I cut sugar and all crap during the process. Also, I drank loads of water. I was really comfortable. I have got to say that after procedure I felt not great for 3-4 days. But honestly the process was a good one. I really think it was my mindset too. Stayed positive and and convinced myself to relax.

Also, take ubiquinol if at all possible. I'm. It sure what your age is but the older you are the harder it is for your body to break CoQ10 down.

Good luck. Please message if you want to know more!
  • yogini likes this

#8 yogini

yogini
  • 9 posts
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

Thanks so much Marianne681. I will look into ubiquinol... Wasn't familiar with the difference - CoQ10 was recommended by my RE, but I am 35 (will turn 36 this summer) with diminished ovarian reserve, so worth looking into. I may take you up on messaging you as well :)

TTC x 2011

Initial workup completed 2013 - Unexplained

Waited to be financially and emotionally ready to consider treatments - 2017 dx DOR

1st IVF cycle underway - hoping for ER around June 27th. 3 follies measurable on day 6 of STIMS.

Currently on twice daily gonal-f 112.5, Menopur 75 and Suprefact 0.4

Starting to look like an odd dalmatien.