2 replies to this topic

#1 Lori78

Lori78
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

We just found out on Feb 14 that our first IVF cycle was unsucessful. I'm now waiting for our follow up appointment so we can start our next cycle. After a few days of crying, sadness, angry, and disappointment ... I'm trying very hard to get back to the same positive person I was while we were going through our first IVF cycle. I went into the first cycle hopeful and positive we would be pregnant the first time around, but of course nothing goes as planned during this journey! With our first IVF cycle, we had 17 eggs retrieved and 9 Fertilized, however only 2 made it to transfer. I want to stay as positive as I can for the second round of IVF. How does one stay positive and hopeful it will work, and still remain cautious that it might not, so my heart doesn't get too broken! Any advice or wisdom?

#2 Kris10cdn77

Kris10cdn77
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Reproductive partners

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:44 PM

I think it's important to stay positive, but it's definitely a challenge. I don't know your age or history, but just doing one IVF cycle you have learned so much. Your embryos don't make it to day five, but you got nine fertilized embryos!! That's great!! You should speak to your doctor about where to go next. But maybe a three day transfer is what you need. Start taking supplements right away to get ready for your next egg retrieval. Some ideas: Royal jelly, Co Q 10, vitamin E, vitamin D, omega-3, low-dose aspirin, pycnogenol, B complex, zinc, l-arginine. Focus on improving. If you haven't already Look in to acupuncture. Walking is really good because it improve circulation and gets blood flow to your organs. I listen to fertility Podcasts as I'm walking.
You make a lot of eggs, and a lot were mature and fertilized. That's very positive!

Kristen (39) Natural Pregnancy June 2014, Chemical. Natural Pregnancy September 2014, mc// 2015: 2 climid w TI: BFN, 3 IUI: BFN// 2016: Natural Pregnancy, Ectopic w tube removal. IVF#1 Canceled, not enough follies. IVF#2 micro flare 23 eggs =5 blasts= 1 PGS normal. IVF#3 16 eggs=4 blasts=1 PGS Normal. 1st Transfer cancelled day before bc high thyroid. Transferred in Nov 2016 1 PGS embaby, mmc @ 8 weeks. Still have one PGS embaby on ice. Coming Soon: Fresh IVF + fresh Transfer, no PGS.

#3 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 134 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

This journey is unbelievably tough. My advice and the only real thing that helps me is to do whatever it is that takes your mind off of ivf. For me that's yoga and long walks with my dh and our dogs. After our failed fresh transfer we took a couple of weeks just exploring different hiking paths. I was still mad and angry and I'll admit the distractions would only last a few minutes but at least it helped temporarily. Also I took time to allow myself to get mad and upset and work out some of those emotions. I found it takes time and i still don't feel the way I did before all of this fertility junk. Each day is a little easier though. Hang in there, hopefully a new plan will help too.

IVF# 1 - Retrieval on Jan 13th/17 - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 5 survived to day 5. 1 transferred on Jan 18/17. 4 frozen embyros.

BFN - Jan 30/17

March 1/17 - th_abfp.gifyahoo.gif

March 2/17 -  Confirmed BFP! Beta = 200

March 14/17 - First U/S