11 replies to this topic

#1 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Tcart/Trio

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hello- My IVF cycle was cancelled last month due to poor response. I just had my ultrasound to try again and was told i still had large follicles leftover from last month. I was told to do 5 days of estrogen and then check them again. 

Has anyone had this happen? Is it normal? Cause for concern? Were you able to suppress them and move forward right away?

any advice would be great. 

#2 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:ceramics, architecture, design, cats, fooooood
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:TRIO / Create

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your cycle, Elle22. I hope you are able to move forward soon

Me: 39 42 and DH: 33 36, TTC #1 since Aug 2014
Dx: Unexplained / egg quality / asymptomatic endometriosis! (? cervical factor), some low morphology but high overall counts

Mar 2015 to Sep 2015: 4 IUIs, 1 Letrozole-only timed intercourse cycle
Oct 2015: 2nd Letrozole-only cycle with hysteroscopy >> surprise BFP but ended with xmas missed m/c   : ((
Feb 2016: 5 more Letrozole-only cycles while awaiting funded IVF
Aug/Sep 2016: IVF #1 Antagonist protocol. Slow growth, 9 eggs retrieved, 1xDay 3 transferred, nothing to freeze
Oct 2016 to Mar 2017: 4 GonalF timed intercourse cycles

(data dump in 'About Me')

#3 cakeforbreakfast

cakeforbreakfast
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

Sounds interesting and I've no idea, but now I'm curious. If anyone is looking do you know about follies sticking around, for some reason I thought that they all flushed out when a period showed up......
Did they cancel your cycle because of eggs?

#4 Kris10cdn77

Kris10cdn77
  • 11 posts
  • My Clinic:Reproductive partners

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

Ive had folliclar cysts stick around after iui's and egg retrievals. They have never been a problem and have gone away quickly. I'm not sure it's the same thing. But mine were never a problem. The time my ivf was canceled I switched to an iui so still had a trigger shot. 

Kristen (39) Natural Pregnancy June 2014, Chemical. Natural Pregnancy September 2014, mc// 2015: 2 climid w TI: BFN, 3 IUI: BFN// 2016: Natural Pregnancy, Ectopic w tube removal. IVF#1 Canceled, not enough follies. IVF#2 micro flare 23 eggs =5 blasts= 1 PGS normal. IVF#3 16 eggs=4 blasts=1 PGS Normal. 1st Transfer cancelled day before bc high thyroid. Transferred in Nov 2016 1 PGS embaby, mmc @ 8 weeks. Still have one PGS embaby on ice. Coming Soon: Fresh IVF + fresh Transfer, no PGS.

#5 begin.again

begin.again
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

Elle22 I had this happen and I ended up having to do a cyst aspiration at the clinic before I could proceed with my IVF cycle.  First two cycles we waited to see if the cysts would go away on their own... unfortunately they didn't.  This can be common with high FSH as well.

#6 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

Elle22 I had this happen and I ended up having to do a cyst aspiration at the clinic before I could proceed with my IVF cycle.  First two cycles we waited to see if the cysts would go away on their own... unfortunately they didn't.  This can be common with high FSH as well.

thanks for replying.  can you explain what the cyst aspiration is or how it is done?

#7 begin.again

begin.again
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

thanks for replying.  can you explain what the cyst aspiration is or how it is done?

It is like an egg retrieval with no sedation.  They go in and drain the cyst.  Actually wasn't painful, just uncomfortable.  They do use local anesthetic though.  Mine was a 19mm cyst..  I was on estrogen priming for one week and unfortunately it didn't work to suppress the cyst.  Definitely not ideal, but I had no choice but to proceed because it was happening every month.

#8 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

It is like an egg retrieval with no sedation.  They go in and drain the cyst.  Actually wasn't painful, just uncomfortable.  They do use local anesthetic though.  Mine was a 19mm cyst..  I was on estrogen priming for one week and unfortunately it didn't work to suppress the cyst.  Definitely not ideal, but I had no choice but to proceed because it was happening every month.

and did you have a long recovery or were you able to move right into your next cycle to try again?

#9 begin.again

begin.again
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

There was no recovery time.... I started my cycle that day.

#10 Kris10cdn77

Kris10cdn77
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hi Ellie22
How are you doing with your cysts? Are they going down on their own? Hope you are moving forward as you hoped.
Kris

Kristen (39) Natural Pregnancy June 2014, Chemical. Natural Pregnancy September 2014, mc// 2015: 2 climid w TI: BFN, 3 IUI: BFN// 2016: Natural Pregnancy, Ectopic w tube removal. IVF#1 Canceled, not enough follies. IVF#2 micro flare 23 eggs =5 blasts= 1 PGS normal. IVF#3 16 eggs=4 blasts=1 PGS Normal. 1st Transfer cancelled day before bc high thyroid. Transferred in Nov 2016 1 PGS embaby, mmc @ 8 weeks. Still have one PGS embaby on ice. Coming Soon: Fresh IVF + fresh Transfer, no PGS.

#11 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Hi Ellie22
How are you doing with your cysts? Are they going down on their own? Hope you are moving forward as you hoped.
Kris

HI Kris10cdn77 - Thanks for the note. I'm doing ok. I did a few days on estrogen and the cysts went down a little bit and i was given the ok to start the IVF stims with them still there.  I'm a few days in, so past where I had to stop last month and hoping it continues smoothly from here. 

#12 Kris10cdn77

Kris10cdn77
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi Ellie22
Kris

HI Kris10cdn77 - Thanks for the note. I'm doing ok. I did a few days on estrogen and the cysts went down a little bit and i was given the ok to start the IVF stims with them still there.  I'm a few days in, so past where I had to stop last month and hoping it continues smoothly from here. 

Oh Exciting!! Glad you got to move forward!! GL :)