• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robyn431

Robyn431
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

I have conceived 3 times and miscarried all 3 around the 7 week mark. These three were all within a year so getting pregnant was easy just keeping them was the difficult part. 

I was under a Obs. and asked to check my thyroid and other information such as blood clotting factors when I was experiencing my last miscarriage. Everything came back normal except my thyroid

My numbers were:

TSH- 8.4 (4 weeks into pregnancy started 75mg synthroid right away) 

Anti-thyroid peroxidase 477.0

Anti- Thyroglobulin 56.7

They said thyroid needs to be below 2.5 to try and conceive again. A few months later we checked and i was below at 2.3 so we started trying to conceive (June 2016) it is now Feb 2017 and I have been unsuccessful with becoming pregnant. My TSH this week was 1.6

We did a hsg. and that came back clear that my tubes were open. This was after my third miscarriage. 

I also have a Positive for ANA - which is raynaud's. I have had this for at least 10 years and doesnt seem to be changing much in numbers. I am not on any medications for this. My rheumatologist doesn't seem concerned that this would cause much of an issue 

Any suggestions?? 

#2 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2,583 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

I'm so sorry you've gone through all of this.

ask your GP for a referral to an infertility clinic. they can do additional testing to help understand why your losses may be happening. 

best of luck as you sort things out.

:flowers:

I am 37, DH - 38
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

#3 Robyn431

Robyn431
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

I have had a referral and hey said thyroid below 2.5. The fact that i cannot get pregnant now is what's confusing me. Our clinic is a few hours away so im just wondering what others can suggest

#4 Seem14

Seem14
  • 98 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:17 AM

Hi Robyn, I totally understand why you would think this way.  However, thyroid aside, there are many other tests (ie: day 3 estradiol, day 21 progesterone, AMH, FSH and the list goes on)  that you would have to get in order to get a better picture of what is going on.  I understand that you've now gone for HSG that came out normal, which is awesome!  Also, you're hubby will have to be looked at as well.  I'm not entirely sure how that infertility referral went, but I'd go for a second opinion in that case (since it doesn't sound like you had a thorough testing). 

I'm sorry that you have to be in this situation too! (hugs)

#5 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 58 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

I am sorry to hear all that you have been through

I agree with the comments above - a thorough workup is required. Miscarriages could happen for many reasons including age and genetic causes. It would also be important to continue the thyroid medication and check it every few months to be certain the TSH is below 2.5. Especially with the thyroid antibodies this is important.

So, in summary, I would make sure that you see an RE and be certain you have had the complete fertility workup as they see appropriate

Good luck!

• mouse likes this

#6 dallz

dallz
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Traveling & Writing
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MONTREAL

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Would your miscarriages happen after a heartbeat scan or before? Are you sure about 7 week mark? Are they always consistent with timing?
I had a similar situation, I found a blog online and tried what the girl did and it worked! All my pregnancies were ending in chemicals, it was super frustrating. The blog is called "my recurrent chemical pregnancies" and it was very useful to read and I'm glad I tried it, since it lead me to success:)

Let me know if I can help in any way!

#7 dallz

dallz
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Traveling & Writing
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MONTREAL

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Would your miscarriages happen after a heartbeat scan or before? Are you sure about 7 week mark? Are they always consistent with timing?
I had a similar situation, I found a blog online and tried what the girl did and it worked! All my pregnancies were ending in chemicals, it was super frustrating. The blog is called "my recurrent chemical pregnancies" and it was very useful to read and I'm glad I tried it, since it lead me to success:)

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Ps I also have thyroid issues (HASHIMOTOS)

#8 Robyn431

Robyn431
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Funny...sooo little did I know when I posted this I was pregnant! I am now in my 8th week- which so far is the farthest we had made it! Fingers crossed it's my sticker!

synthroid was increased as I went up slightly and my thyroid has stayed below 2.5 we continue to do ultrasounds weekly to make sure we are still progressing and so far we are doing great!!

We have had a heart beat the 3rd one and lost it...but I just keep taking it 1 week at a time ❤