----->MARCH IVF

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#51 JJ1204

JJ1204
  • 31 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

I start mine tonight! Menopur! I only chickened out once at the training.. jabbed myself and then backed out and it bled lol.. I heard they sting? Do they?! My phone is hilarious .. going off every few hours, Spray, spray, aspirin, menopur, spray lol
  • Amandamay likes this

#52 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:50 AM

JJ1204 - lol i hear ya!! My phone alarm is constantly going off !! 

They do sting a little! I started mine the 22nd and then more on the 24th(last night). Its starting to hurt more and more now, i guess i am bruised internally or just getting sensitive! 

Good luck tonight, let me know how it goes! 

I hope everyone is doing well! 

#53 JJ1204

JJ1204
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Thankfully for now I'm ONLY on menapur... will go in Tuesday for bloodwork to see if I need anything else!! But I like only doing the one needle LOL last night I did it no problem... no pain or stinging.. so that was good! I hope it stays that way... do you give it to yourself?

#54 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

JJ1204 - That's great, hopefully it stays that way!! :)

Yes i do them myself, my partner works nights! How about you?

#55 JJ1204

JJ1204
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

Me too! He sits with me though but I just like controlling them myself.. I feel like I'd be mad at him if it hurt LOL

#56 JJ1204

JJ1204
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

I never thought in a MILLION years id be able to jab myself with a needle.. im surprised actually...

#57 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

hahaha you are too funny! lol 

I am not looking forward to my injections tonight, they are starting to hurt!! Hopefully tonight will be better!

#58 Amandamay

Amandamay
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:One fertility Kitchener

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hey everyone, tomorrow is day 3 so we head to the clinic in the am for our baseline appointment and to get our meds. Feeling nervous it's our second round of ivf so hoping for more eggs this time. And we're also thinking of doing a freeze all this time and transfer later in the year anyone else starting meds tomorow we're on the short protocol this time.

#59 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hey Amandamay- Good Luck tomorrow, i hope all goes well! I started my injections the 22nd!

Whats your protocol ?

#60 Amandamay

Amandamay
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:One fertility Kitchener

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Bre- that's great how are you feeling I know when I did it the first time I was on long protocol so I was bc two weeks superfact then gonal f dose changed and menopur dose changed and I had a lot of back pain and headaches and bathroom issues(sorry lot of info lol)

This time he wants to keep me sane dose for 10 days so gonal f 150 and menpur 75 and then start orlgotrun(no idea how to spell it lol) day 4 of stims

#61 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:42 AM

Amandamay - Thanks so much and no worries, anything goes here lol !! 

I have my day 5 ultrasound Tuesday, little nervous lol

Good Luck! :)

#62 Marbear66

Marbear66
  • 84 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic in Calgary,AB

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

charaW - I was on the Antagonist Protocol last time, on my 2nd day of my period went in for a U/S and then started on 450 GonalF and 75 Luveris the next day and just had ultrasounds every other day or so then I started the Cetrotride. By my last U/S we only had 1 mature follicle and 3 smaller ones. We decided to go ahead and do the ER my other 3 follicles matured in the lab and I ended up getting 4 embryos, 1 didn't make it, 2 made it to Day 3 and we transferred the 2 that day and the other embryo died after day 3. This time I will be on a different protocol the flare protocol I believe. I am taking birth control and just started today with Suprefact. I am also taking DHEA & COQ10.

Bre - thanks good luck to you too! Yes looks like we will be on the same protocol, only this protocol works better this time!

AFM - Still taking my birth control, and today I started my Suprefact Nasal Spray, not bad so far. I am taking it 3 times a day. My first U/S is on Feb 28th so hopefully I get a good # of follciles. Last month I had an U/S and it was 10 on right and 5 on left hopefully I get the same or better # of follicles. biggrin.png

#63 freshview

freshview
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

So I know I said earlier that I was making myself scarce, but I'm feelin stressed after today's appointment. I have two dominant follicles at 1.7 each and the rest anywhere between 1.0 and 1.6 with a total of something like 10 or 12. But I'm going back again tomorrow because they're worried about the dominant ones and they might trigger me tomorrow. I really want more follicles than that. Eff... I wish we had more control over all this.

ME: 33, Him: 34 TTC since May 2014
incomplete mc July 2014
chemical preg Nov 2014
surgical reduction of uterine septum & intrauterine scar tissue Feb 2015
BFP April 2015
CVS at 12 weeks = inconclusive, amnio at 16 weeks = dx'd with osteogenesis imperfecta
Pregnancy ended Aug 28, 2015 via induction at 20 weeks. (Beautiful boy) 
Referral to Mount Sinai for PGD/PGS Nov 2015

IVF#1 - June 2016 - antagonist protocol
27 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 day 6 blasts.  1 healthy embryo.

FET - BFN

Accidental pregnancy Aug 2016. CVS = osteogenesis imperfecta.  TA via D&E at 14 weeks.  Another boy. 

IVF#2 - March 2017. 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 day 6 blasts.  Frozen. 

IVF#3 - April 2017... ongoing

#64 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

Marbear66 - Thanks! Good luck Tuesday!

Freshview -  I know it is so hard not having control! Good Luck tomorrow! 

#65 vwhite2

vwhite2
  • 4 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hi everyone. I'm doing my first IVF cycle at my new clinic. I've had 2 failed IUI at my previous clinic.

Today is my 4th day of cycle monitoring. I'm taking gonal-f and menopur. My dosage for menopur has remained at 75 iu since my 2nd day, but they keep decreasing my gonal-f dosage. They even highlighted to drop in dosage today. (150-125-100 iu) Does this mean something might be wrong or is this normal? I'm wondering if I should ask the clinic or just wait and see. I hate to bother them if it's something normal!

#66 JJ1204

JJ1204
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

Hi everyone. I'm doing my first IVF cycle at my new clinic. I've had 2 fa

iled IUI at my previous clinic.

Today is my 4th day of cycle monitoring. I'm taking gonal-f and menopur. My dosage for menopur has remained at 75 iu since my 2nd day, but they keep decreasing my gonal-f dosage. They even highlighted to drop in dosage today. (150-125-100 iu) Does this mean something might be wrong or is this normal? I'm wondering if I should ask the clinic or just wait and see. I hate to bother them if it's something normal!

Im on cd 4 too! Bloodwork tomorrow. I'm only on menopur! I was never on gonal f so sorry I can't help!

Welcome 😘😘

#67 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

Welcome vwhite2 :)

I am on Gonal F as well but unfortunately i can't give you any advice as this is also my first IVF! Maybe call the nurse tomorrow, it cant hurt!

Hang in there! 

#68 Seems like forever

Seems like forever
  • Global 100+
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Hi everyone. I'm doing my first IVF cycle at my new clinic. I've had 2 failed IUI at my previous clinic.

Hello

Just wanted to give you assurance that nothing is wrong it just means you're responding more than the dr expected. 150 gonal f seems to be the standard starting dose for most docs. It's easier for them to lower your dose during your cycle then to increase it so it is totally ok that they have lowered it that way you'll get nice even growth from all your follicles. Good luck to you.
  • Bre likes this

Me: 33DH: 38

Dx: DH-Severe Male Factor Me-Thyroid antibodies, low AMH, Insulin resistance

TTC: 6+ years

see more under the about me page

#69 charaW

charaW
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmoton

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:40 AM

Hey everyone ,

How is everyone doing ? How are injections going ? I start mine Wednesday so I cant help much because this is my first IVF also :) Thinking of everyone keep those follicles growing :)

Me-31 32 DH-25

April 28 2015 -th_abfp.gif with HPT

August 12- Found out its a Girl babygirl.gif

August 26- Found out I have incompetent cervix and I needed to have an emergency cerclage

August 29- We got married

September 11- I got admitted into the royal Alexandra hospital on bed rest

September 25- U/S found out cervix is only measuring .8 cm

October 16- went in to labor at 29 weeks

October 19- had a placenta abruption and emergency C-section

October 19- our little girl passed away after 2 hours 8388.gif

June 8 2016-found out that our daughter had a genetic syndrome (fraser syndrome)

August 25- Found out we are both carriers of the syndrome

September 15- referred to PCRM fertility clinic for IVF and PGD

November 15- hope to start the IVF process in December

Jan 31- started BCP for 27 days

March 1-

#70 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

charaW - How are you? Good Luck Wednesday! 

I had my first day 5 ultrasound today and my next one is Thursday! 

I hope everyone is doing well ! 

#71 Marbear66

Marbear66
  • 84 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic in Calgary,AB

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

Bre- how did you first U/S go?

CharaW- when you do your injections put ice on it before you inject it will help. ☺️

Fresh view- how is everything going for you ?

AFM-
Had my first U/S today it was just a check up to make sure everything is good to go. No cysts on either of my ovaries and .8 lining which is good and blood work is good too. Now just have to wait for my AF and then I will start my other medication.

Hope everyone is doing well!

#72 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

Marbear66 -  Happy to hear, that is great news! You are off to a great start! :)

I think my first ultrasound went well. I have 9 follicles, some bigger than others! I have DOR so i think this is good news! ? 

Great advice regarding the ice, i do that every evening now! 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! 

#73 freshview

freshview
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

Good morning everyone!

Today is retrieval. They triggered me a day ahead of schedule because I had "enough" follicles over 1.7. The Ovidrel was just as comfortable to inject as the gonal f for anyone wondering. Nothing like that little bitch, ganirelix (aka orgalutran). And I actually felt like my ovary (the left is the only uncomfortable one because righty has decided to only make 4 this time) felt better the day after. Fingers crossed for plenty of mature eggs.

I hope everyone's doing really well and hanging in there. Keep optimistic, or if you can't (like me), surround yourself with friends and family who are.

Good luck!

ME: 33, Him: 34 TTC since May 2014
incomplete mc July 2014
chemical preg Nov 2014
surgical reduction of uterine septum & intrauterine scar tissue Feb 2015
BFP April 2015
CVS at 12 weeks = inconclusive, amnio at 16 weeks = dx'd with osteogenesis imperfecta
Pregnancy ended Aug 28, 2015 via induction at 20 weeks. (Beautiful boy) 
Referral to Mount Sinai for PGD/PGS Nov 2015

IVF#1 - June 2016 - antagonist protocol
27 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 day 6 blasts.  1 healthy embryo.

FET - BFN

Accidental pregnancy Aug 2016. CVS = osteogenesis imperfecta.  TA via D&E at 14 weeks.  Another boy. 

IVF#2 - March 2017. 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 day 6 blasts.  Frozen. 

IVF#3 - April 2017... ongoing

#74 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

freshview - That is great news, i am happy to hear!! Thanks for the advice on the Ovidrel, good to know! :)

Fingers crossed for you! Good Luck and keep us posted on today! 

Great point! Its always nice to be around people who support you and provide positive energy! Great advice!!

Hang in there everyone and have a great Wednesday! 

#75 JJ1204

JJ1204
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

I am having a horrible day today! I was on just menopur and when I went it yesterday for blood work my estrogen was only 172 and it was supposed to be above 500!!!! So starting last night im also on gonal F 150.. don't find it bad at all.. menopur burns a bit but I like the idea of the pen better than the syringe needle.. lol

I'm just feeling full and bloated and cranky today but probably because I have to get up at 4 a.m. for my appointments s they are 1.5 hours away lol.. I'm going back friday and hopefully my levels will be up by then! :(