Photo
- - - - -

Is it important to have acupuncture on day of FET?

fet acupuncture day of fet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 785 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

I've been having weekly acupuncture appointments leading into my FET which is days away and I wanted to know if it is beneficial to ensure that I have an acupuncture session right after my FET or does it matter? In the past I had a session the day of my FETs but wanted to know if as long as I have it sometime the week of my FET I'm okay. Any information, stats, etc are welcome. I just want to ensure I make an educated decision... thanks! :)

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.25: BETA scheduled

#2 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 340 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Acubalance

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

The latest research shows that for both  fresh and frozen (also donor transfers) that acupuncture 3 months before leading up to transfer is the most beneficial for live birth rates.

If not other contributing factors (high BMI, endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS) then we recommend 2/week for 6 weeks before transfer for a minimum of 12 treatments is what the data is pointing to.  And if you want to have extra support then starting before 6 weeks or 3 per week may be more beneficial.  The on site transfer day acupuncture trx is like the quick review before the exam.   Helps you feel confident and calm and adds a little extra support.  But the key is preparing for the exam in advance :-)

Post trx we often do a week after transfer to support the body during the implantation window.

http://www.acubalanc...yo-transfer-fet

http://www.pdxacustu...ncture-for-ivf/

If high BMI, endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS or other contributing infertility factors ay require months of preconception acupuncture and not just 6 weeks to support tour chances of a healthy live birth.

Anyone who is reading this from Vancouver area,  Acubalance often holds public information evenings and also free 15 min Q&A to help you find answers to your questions.

• TryingForOur2ndChild and amp77 like this
Lorne Brown B.Sc.,CA, Dr.TCM, FABORM, CHt
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Clinical Hypnotherapist
Founder and Clinical Director Acubalance Wellness Centre (British Columbia)
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fet, acupuncture, day of fet