FET April 2017

737 replies to this topic

#26 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

@ENF - I think my window to transfer will be somewhere around March 20-25. It all depends on my lining check which I've moved to March 14. If my lining is thin we will try a different treatment on it which then we would have to wait and see the results and if it improves. Once I start progesterone we will do the matris ultrasound and if the score is good we proceed. I've cancelled or delayed twice on this FET so I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.
I'm doing acupuncture twice a week for lining right now as well as supplements red raspberry leaf tea and Pom juice. I'm constantly reminding myself to get everything in. Fingers crossed it helps! I also had a hysterscopy and biopsy last cycle and that can apparently help with a thicker lining the following cycle.
  • ENF likes this

See my 'about me' page for treatment history.

#27 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Hi ENF, why do you take the ASA and antibiotic?  Did you have a blood testing confirming a clotting issue and that's why the ASA?  I started taking it just in case that's one of my issues but my doctor never confirmed that there is an issue with any testing he just said I can try it if I want.

• ENF likes this

#28 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

Are you ladies doing medicated or non medicated FETS? This is my first FET, my FS said we would be doing non medicated. But no details on anything else so far. Does non medicated mean no drugs whatsoever, including progestetone? Or just minimal drugs?
  • ENF likes this

#29 Real3D

Real3D
  • 97 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

My protocol is similar, with the addition of the lupron depot which essentially mimics menopause. The changes in hormones are then controlled via medication. So I start estrogen on March 20, and the progesterone suppositories and injections start after my lining check confirms an appropriate thickness. I also started taking ASA 81mg this week as it helps with blood flow to the uterus. I'll also start antibiotics a week before transfer.
  • ENF likes this

#30 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

I was also told to start taking the ASA 81mg as soon as I started estrogen patches. I had some as my naturopath had also recommend it but this is the first RE to tell to add it in officially. 

• ENF likes this

See my 'about me' page for treatment history.

#31 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Global 100+
  • 286 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Thanks ENF and Notorious IVF! I'll check out the other groups too.
  • ENF likes this

#32 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

Hi Real3D, just curious why you will be doing antibiotics?

#33 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

Redgem, I will be doing progesterone in oil injections for FET so I believe that is considered a medicated one.

#34 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

It seems many of you will be starting soon! So exciting! My cycles have been super unpredictable after ivf and chemical pregnancy, so I can't even guess when I'll be doing FET yet.
  • ENF and Newbegirl500 like this

#35 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

@BabyB - It's my clinic's standard FET protocol to include ASA from CD #1 up until transfer day. We did it with our last cycle too. I do not have any blood clotting issues though. The antibiotic is also standard practice for my clinic. It's typically doxycycline that is prescribed.

@Redgem - A non-medicated FET usually involves no medications and allows you to ovulate naturally. As a result your body will naturally make progesterone and you won't need any PIO or oral/vaginal tablets to support the pregnancy. However your clinic may still prescribe some. I've read quite a few stories of women having great luck with non-medicated FETs, you just need more monitoring appointments to see when you ovulate. I would loved to have done one myself but my next cycle begins right in the middle of our Hawaiian vacation and I will not be able to be monitored. 

Today I'm heading to my clinic for my SHG. I'll also pick up some Estrace to have on hand when we are on vacation. This is getting so real. Tentative transfer date will be April 12th I believe. 

• BbDreams likes this

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#36 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Just wanted to update now that I'm home from my SHG. My doctor told me I'd only be on Estrace leading up to my FET, so I won't be on ASA after all. I was for my fresh transfer and last FET though.

#37 gfrench

gfrench
  • Global 100+
  • 128 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary RFP

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

Hi ladies :-)
Just finished a FET in February that sadly was a bfn. Just signed the consent forms to try again. We'll be doing another FET at the end of April. 3rd times a charm I hope!
  • ENF and JCharbs like this

Me- 36, DH- 35

Dx: Male Factor, Possible PCOS

IVF #1 October 2016

22 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized (ICSI)

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - th_abfn.gif

Four Frozen Blasts (1 day 5, 3 day 6)

FET#1 February 2017

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - BFN cry.gif

FET#2 April 2017

Transferred 2 day 6 Blasts - th_abfp.gif

Beta 753 (13dptransfer)

#38 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hi gfrench,

Sorry to hear about your bfn and hope that 3rd time is a charm for you!

#39 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Wishing you all the best gfrench!

#40 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

How are you doing BabyB?

#41 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Hi ENF, thanks for thinking of me :)  

I'm doing okay..  I'm a little disappointed that I don't have more follicles that are looking like they will reach maturity, but at my appointment today the doctor said another day or 2 of stims and he is thinking that will be it.  I am getting super nervous and anxious about the egg retrieval, I almost couldn't bring myself to do IVF because of that one aspect of it.  I've had a couple woman tell me it wasn't bad other than some period-like cramps and that they didn't actually feel the needles, but I am still struggling with my anxiety, especially now that I know the day is fast approaching.

How are you doing?

#42 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

My egg retrieval experience was a good one, considering the procedure. I had lots of medication prior to it and they topped me up during the procedure too. They gave me Ativan about a half hour prior as well, maybe you can start with some to reduce your anxiety.

Keep us posted on how your retrieval goes. I hope you get just the right amount of mature eggs!

#43 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Had an appointment this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound and I was instructed to trigger tonight which means my retrieval will be Friday! Ahhhh!!!!!  Feeling sooo nervous, scared, excited, anxious, etc.  Will give you an update afterwards.  Hope you are all doing well.  Any updates ladies?

• ENF likes this

#44 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

Good luck on Friday bayb dreams! I remember how nervous and anxious I was when I went through it! But it was pretty painless for me. They gave me Ativan the night before and the morning of to calm me down. And with the other drugs, I was in a happy daze for most of the day!
  • BbDreams likes this

#45 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

Thanks so much for the reassurance redgem! :)

#46 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Good luck tomorrow BabyB!

No real updates for me. I'm about two weeks from CD 1 and won't start meds until then. Transfer is just over a month away!

• BbDreams likes this

#47 Redgem

Redgem
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

Yes, good luck again Bayb dreams, update us on how it goes!

Exciting ENF, it's really coming up soon!

I still have no idea when mine will be. I'm in the middle of mock cycle, just have to check my progesterone again on Monday. Cd1 should be next Saturday, but I somehow doubt I'll start then. Hopefully my next cycle though.
  • ENF likes this

#48 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hopefully you can start asap Redgem! How's the mock cycle going?

#49 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

I made it through the dreaded egg retrieval!!  PHEWF!!  Can't believe it's over.  The nurse and doctor were both amazing and helped me to be as calm as possible and were super comforting during the whole process.  The only part I found painful was the first local freezing poke on my left side.  I've had mild to moderate cramping since, but definitely bearable.  I was told we would probably get 8 eggs, they got..........FIFTEEN!!!!  Not sure exactly how that happened, but I'm not complaining.  Now just trying to patiently await the phone call from the lab tomorrow with an update on how many fertilized from ICSI.

Can't express how relieved I am that the ER is done and over with, I will be taking Provera for 10 days and awaiting my next period which I was told should come once my Provera is all gone.  Now to start preparing myself for sticking a big long needle in my butt for the progesterone in oil medication.sleep.png

• ENF likes this

#50 BbDreams

BbDreams
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

The lab called this morning to tell me that all 15 eggs that were retrieved were mature and so ICSI was preformed on all of them.  6 were damaged from ICSI and did not survive, and 9 that are growing.  Does 6 seem like kind of a high number of eggs to have been damaged from ICSI?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, April, 2017