Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:23 PM
Hopefulrealist: I've heard lots of stories where women have done only one test and then tried to adjust their protocols with that one result. My doc is like yours and didn't want me to waste my precious embryos, I only have 2 PGS normals after 3 banking cycles. So we did ERA multiple times until I got the receptive result. We finally got a receptive result showing that in order to achieve my implantation window I require 7 days of PIO where most women need 5 days. You might get lucky on the first test, but just know you might have to do more than one mock cycle ERA combo to get definitive results. The hardest part is having to put off the real transfer, not to mention taking meds and injections knowing there won't be a baby at the end of the mock cycle. But we felt like we needed to try and improve our odds. I'm 40 now and I've been through so many cycles since 2012 (I had a different doc for the first part), I don't know if my body could do another fresh IVF cycle. Sorry for the long post, I'm going to be doing my first transfer with this doctor on Tuesday. We'll be transferring one of the PGS normal embryos. I followed the exact med protocol that I did for the ERA, and started PIO on Feb 1st to align with the receptive result. Hopefully it will be worth the waiting and I can update with a success story soon.
Good luck to you!
DH: 39 - MF, low motility, low count
Me: 40 - lining issues, hx of polyps and fibroids
TTC since 2008.
Started IVF journey in 2012, 3 fresh cycles and 3 FET attempts with first RE resulted in 3 BFNs and 3 cancelled transfers. No BFPs, no chemicals, never even seen a double line on HPT.
Changed REs in 2015. Repeated all tests and decided to bank embryos for PGS testing due to history of BFNs. After 3 cycles and PGS testing - finally achieved 2 PGS normal embryos. RE suggested ERA testing to determine implantation window. Mock cycle in May 2016 and July 2016, receptive results showing that 7 days of progesterone support required.
FET attempt #1 with new RE - Sept 2016: cancelled due to pharmacy med mixup
FET attempt #2 with new RE - Nov 2016: cancelled again - lining not trilaminar
FET #3 with new RE - Feb 2017 - suppression check and removed nuvaring on Jan 12th. To start delestrogen injections Jan 16th. Final lining check on Feb 1st - got the green light to transfer finally!! Feb 7th transferred one 5bb euploid embryo, beta scheduled for Feb 21st. Symptoms: strong sense of smell, very tired, tugging/pulling/small cramps, sore breasts, and heartburn. Caved and POAS at 4.5dpt and saw 2 lines for the very first time in my life, POAS every day until second line was darker than control! . Asked clinic to move up beta. First beta 9dp5dt=110; Second beta 11dp5dt=269; Third beta 13dp5dt=685. Ultrasound scheduled for March 3rd