#651 2mommies521

2mommies521
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:FIRM

Posted Yesterday, 10:50 PM

Hi ladies!

So I just took 30 minutes to catch up from the start of March. Wowser I was so behind.

Leah82 - Thanks for your response! Congratulations on your BPF!!!  and rising beta.

Tryingforour2ndchild - thanks for the welcome like 2 weeks ago! ( I was really behind on catching up) Congrats on your BFP! that is such exciting news!

Adrian55 - Welcome! And good luck on your lining check tomorrow! Hoping it is nice and fluffy in there! :)icon_stickyvibespink.gif 

Murried - thank you for the welcome! Congrats on your BFP!! Miracles happen all the time! BFP's are little miracles!

SarahQ - Congrats on your BFP!

-Marh - so very sorry to hear about you losing embryos to freeze. Sending positive sticky vibes to you that the little embies that survived your transfer stick! Congrats on being PUPO!

Schlepp - Sending lots and lots of icon_stickyvibespink.gif  your way from your transfer from the 22nd! Hoping your 2ww goes by fast. Congrats on being PUPO!

Ranae - Good Luck on your transfer tomorrow! I am set for tomorrow as well (got the phone call Thursday afternoon). Sending sticky and positive vibes your way! We can do this! We are hours away from being PUPO. So excited. Trying hard to keep the faith!icon_stickyvibespink.gif icon_stickyvibespink.gif icon_stickyvibespink.gif  everywhere!

JJ1204 - Congratulations on making it to transfer! Yay for being PUPO!

Kels06 - Congrats on being PUPO! sending sticky vibes your way!

WillowRayne0314 - Congratulations on your BFP! Such amazing news!

Gingermomma - Congratulations on being PUPO! Sending sticky vibes your way.. lots of baby dust!

AFM - I was literally a nervous wreck all day! The nurse coordinator did not call until late afternoon to confirm my transfer day and time of tomorrow 3/24 at 1pm.  It is finally here. felt like I was waiting forever. so now I am just on pins and needles but seriously working on staying positive. At this point I am about 99% sure that I will only transfer 1. the risk of multiples scares me though the risk of 1 not taking scares me as well. I will get an embryo report right before transfer and me and the RE are to discuss 1 or 2 based on their quality. I just got to make sure to figure out relaxing with this 4 year old. I am so nervous for the 2ww but ready to start it. I will keep you ladies posted!

Those who recently transferred -- was the full bladder really uncomfortable during the procedure?? that is the main part I am worried about. worried about the ultrasound wand with the full bladder??freaking out a little? chat with you all soon :)

#652 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 784 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted Today, 02:26 AM

Thanks everyone for the congrats and suggestions to help with this cold... very appreciated!

Renae - good luck with your transfer today and lots of sticky vibes.

2mommies - Sending lots of sticky vibes today with your transfer. As for the full bladder... I'm had some transfers that were a bit more uncomfortable than others but in general if you are too full they ask you to go pee a bit. Have they given you a specific amount of fluids to drink at a specific time? If so just follow that and they will be sure to let you know if you are too full or you need more. If you haven't had a transfer before they really are SO much easier than your retrieval... my first transfer I literally said "is that it" when it was done. Good luck girl... you got this!

HumanPuppy - no I'm not at LHSC... I'm at LWHC formally FO. Are you right in the area or do you drive into LHSC... we aren't too far from one another. ;) Yes I'm with you... Tylenol really doesn't do much. Hopefully your cold goes away soon.

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: BETA scheduled

#653 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program-Calgary

Posted Today, 06:46 AM

Good morning ladies! I woke up at 5 am with the urge to test.....so I did....and....BFP!🤗😍 It's a pretty faint line on a dollar store cheapie, but I will take it! I did 2 tests both same with the same line. I plan to test again tomorrow with the cheapies and then on Sunday I will confirm with a digital. Beta is on Tuesday.

Leah, your # is super! Maybe you have 2 little beans getting cozy!
  • Kelso_06 likes this

#654 Leah82

Leah82
  • Global 100+
  • 173 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted Today, 08:03 AM

Good morning ladies! I woke up at 5 am with the urge to test.....so I did....and....BFP!🤗😍 It's a pretty faint line on a dollar store cheapie, but I will take it! I did 2 tests both same with the same line. I plan to test again tomorrow with the cheapies and then on Sunday I will confirm with a digital. Beta is on Tuesday.

Leah, your # is super! Maybe you have 2 little beans getting cozy!

Hooray!!! Congrats! Mine also started as a faint line on a Dollarama cheapie :) hope your beta confirms with a nice strong number!

Shhhhhhh.... No way there are two. Eek! Can't even think about that lol. My first betas with my daughter were much higher (420/1057 at 10 and 12 days) and we were very worried, but both times only transferred 1. My husband would have a heart attack if the scan shows 2, and I'd probably.... Nope. Nope nope nope. One healthy bean is what I'm hoping for!!
  • BabyDreamer9 likes this
MpdXm7.png

#655 Melissa Celeste

Melissa Celeste
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility

Posted Today, 09:17 AM

Hi everyone, 

I had my frozen egg transfer on March 22nd and am now in my 9 day wait... I've had so many egg transfers i have lost count! My last one was over xmas and I got pregnant, but then lost the baby at 8 weeks. I am doing the same protocol this time around, with prometrium twice a day, estrace patches, and fragmin blood thinners everyday. This time though, I'm also doing progesterone in oil shots every other day...

I am anxious! I don't feel anything, but I never really do during my transfers. Last time I just had a gut feeling I was pregnant...this is our second last embryo so we're feeling a lot of pressure!

#656 Waiting4

Waiting4
  • 62 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

2 mommies:
I think it depends on the technician. I've had super uncomfortable transfers but yesterday's was totally fine. She let me pee a cup and a half after checking. Most comfortable transfer so far (this was my 4th).

#657 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted Today, 10:01 AM

2mommies - good luck with your transfer today, sending you lots of sticky vibes. 

I was told to drink 1 ltr of water 1 hour before my transfer time. It was a little uncomfortable, because I forgot to pee before starting to consume that much water, but it was bearable. The best of peeing after transfer - the relief was amazing. :)

BabyDreamer - Congrats on your BFP! Super happy for you. I've been poas every morning since 9dp and the cheap ones vary, some are really strong lined and others not so much. 

Welcome Melissa - Good luck with the tww, my only advice is try to stay relaxed and busy as much as possible. Sending you many sticky vibes.

TTC since January 2013

July 2016 - IVF Cycle, Antagonist Protocol. 125 gonal F

15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 8 fertilized, Freeze all due to OHSS - 4, day 5 frosties

Sept 2016 - Mock Cycle 

Oct. 2016 -  Mock Cycle, repeat for P4 levels

Natural Cycle FET #1 - Dec. 17th 2016 - BFN

Natural Cycle FET #2 - Mar. 12th 2017 -

#658 2mommies521

2mommies521
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:FIRM

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

Tryingforour2ndchild - thanks for the sticky vibes and well wisjes! Im so nervous. Im working on relaxing now. The RE gave me valium to take 45 mins before so that should help with my nerves soon. Yes they gave instructions of drinking 16 to 20 ounces right before the transfer at 1pm est. Sounds like a lot! But im glad to hear that it is super quick so the discomfort wont be too long. ...

Afm - i will keep y'all posted on the choice of 1 vs 2. Im going to decide in an hour omgoodness feels like a life or death decision!! I havent done this whole transfer thing in almost 5 years since I tried for my daughter! Eek!. ... here goes!! :)
  • Murried likes this

#659 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 518 posts

Posted Today, 11:49 AM

Quick question for anyone doing PIO and injecting themselves (not having someone else do it); how do you inject with your non-dominant hand? I'm really struggling on the left and have to readjust my grip after I've already put the needle in. Usually takes me multiple pushes to get all the PIO injected and I end up taking the needle out at a bad angle. This morning was literally a bloody mess and I've bruised myself. I use a mirror to help but am struggling. Suggestions?

See my 'about me' page for treatment history.

#660 Real3D

Real3D
  • 70 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted Today, 02:29 PM

Quick question for anyone doing PIO and injecting themselves (not having someone else do it); how do you inject with your non-dominant hand? I'm really struggling on the left and have to readjust my grip after I've already put the needle in. Usually takes me multiple pushes to get all the PIO injected and I end up taking the needle out at a bad angle. This morning was literally a bloody mess and I've bruised myself. I use a mirror to help but am struggling. Suggestions?

I haven't started my PIO injections yet, but will be doing them by myself also. I did read that you don't need to switch sides, just vary the injection location slightly. You may end up getting sore on that side, but that may be better than struggling to alternate.