March 2017 - FET, IVF buddies

658 replies to this topic

#551 Kelso_06

Kelso_06
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

@Marh My first transfer was fresh and it stuck! My son just turned two on the 3rd :)

When I got pregnant I had no symptoms at all during the 2WW and felt really certain it didn't work, I was really shocked when I got the call that I was pregnant, I almost didn't really believe it was true until I saw the heartbeat. I guess after so many failed cycles it makes it hard to believe it will ever happen. This time I am not really having any symptoms so I am hoping that's a good thing..? It's so hard not to over analyze things! 

• RebeccaG likes this

Me: 34 DH: 35 
TTC since 2010

Diagnosis: PCOS
3 x Clomid Cycles all BFN
3 x Puregon + IUI cycles all BFN

May 2014 - Started IVF injections
th_abfp.gif June 30th!!

Healthy Baby Boy Born March 3, 2015 babyboy.gif 

March 2017 - FET Trying for #2!

ET Date - March 17th

Beta - March 27th

#552 4 years and counting

4 years and counting
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

I received my beta results and as suspected, they came back BFN. 

I want to wish everyone good luck with their results who are awaiting and those that are transferring, positive thoughts.

Hopefully I will be in the May FET group.

Me 43, DH 43

Trying since 2012
Natural Pregnancy May 2012, ended blighted ovum
Natural Pregnancy June 2013, miscarriage 6 weeks (chemical pregnancy)

Natural Pregnancy January 2014, miscarriage 8 weeks

IVF Pregnancy December 2016, miscarriage 4 weeks (chemical pregnancy)

First clinic 2012-2014

Second clinic 2014-present

Dx: diminished ovarian reserve; thin lining

Unsuccessful protocols: estrace, estradot patches, gonal f, natural cycle

Lining gets to 8.0 mm

Using donor eggs

FET attempts 15, transferred 2 times (1 BFN, 1 BFP), cycles canceled 13.

#553 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 517 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

@4yearsandcounting - ((hugs)) This journey is so tough. Take care of yourself.

See my 'about me' page for treatment history.

#554 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

Thanks Shelly - I really hope so. 

4Years - I'm really sorry for your results. I hope May works out for you. 

TTC since January 2013

July 2016 - IVF Cycle, Antagonist Protocol. 125 gonal F

15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 8 fertilized, Freeze all due to OHSS - 4, day 5 frosties

Sept 2016 - Mock Cycle 

Oct. 2016 -  Mock Cycle, repeat for P4 levels

Natural Cycle FET #1 - Dec. 17th 2016 - BFN

Natural Cycle FET #2 - Mar. 12th 2017 -

#555 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program-Calgary

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

RebeccaG, I am feeling the same way you are. My transfer was on March 13th. The last two times (both ended in miscarriages) I had more symptoms by now and this time I don't really have any symptoms other than bloating. I am super sad because I don't think it worked but it is also too early to test to confirm. My beta is on Saturday. Just feeling really down sad.png

Murried-crossing my fingers for you. Hopefully it was just an implantation bleed. Especially if it only happened once and it hasn't happened again! That is positive. 

Babydreamer- who is your doctor at RFP? Have you been happy with the clinic so far? How long have you been going? 

My regular doc there is Dr.O'Keane, but I have seen a few others as well for my shg, hsg, ultrasounds, retrieval,etc. Dr. O'Keane did my fresh transfer in 2014 which resulted in my now 20 month old son. Dr.Min did my frozen transfer this time. He was super laid back as well. I find them all to have fairly good bedside manner. Dr.O'Keane is great at answering my questions and advising me, I really trust him. I guess I started there in late 2013, after some testing it was determined I needed to have laprascopic surgery to determine my reason for infertility since they couldn't "find" any issues with my husband or I. Dr. O'Keane did that surgery in the spring of '14 and then did our ivf in the fall of '14. Overall, I'm happy with my experiences there. I have heard complaints about their call backs but I personally haven't had an issue, they have always returned my calls within the day, but typically within a couple of hours.
Are you at the same clinic?

#556 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I want to wish everyone good luck with their results who are awaiting and those that are transferring, positive thoughts.

😢 I'm so sorry to hear about your negative result. Keep your head up hun, I wish you all he best with your future transfer xo

#557 shellybaby30

shellybaby30
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

RebeccaG, I am feeling the same way you are. My transfer was on March 13th. The last two times (both ended in miscarriages) I had more symptoms by now and this time I don't really have any symptoms other than bloating. I am super sad because I don't think it worked but it is also too early to test to confirm. My beta is on Saturday. Just feeling really down sad.png

Murried-crossing my fingers for you. Hopefully it was just an implantation bleed. Especially if it only happened once and it hasn't happened again! That is positive. 

Babydreamer- who is your doctor at RFP? Have you been happy with the clinic so far? How long have you been going? 

My regular doc there is Dr.O'Keane, but I have seen a few others as well for my shg, hsg, ultrasounds, retrieval,etc. Dr. O'Keane did my fresh transfer in 2014 which resulted in my now 20 month old son. Dr.Min did my frozen transfer this time. He was super laid back as well. I find them all to have fairly good bedside manner. Dr.O'Keane is great at answering my questions and advising me, I really trust him. I guess I started there in late 2013, after some testing it was determined I needed to have laprascopic surgery to determine my reason for infertility since they couldn't "find" any issues with my husband or I. Dr. O'Keane did that surgery in the spring of '14 and then did our ivf in the fall of '14. Overall, I'm happy with my experiences there. I have heard complaints about their call backs but I personally haven't had an issue, they have always returned my calls within the day, but typically within a couple of hours.
Are you at the same clinic?

Yes I am at RFP as well. I have Dr Scott but have been seeing a lot of Dr Min lately. He did my FET and I had him for all my ultrasounds with both my last FET and this one. I have had O'KEANE a number of times too. Overall I am pretty happy with the clinic. I don't have any complaints about them returning calls either. I have always heard back the same day and usually within a couple hours of calling. Dr. Scott is hard to get into for follow ups but I am guessing that is standard with most of the docs. We started out with Dr Greene but I believe he has retired now. We have been at the clinic since 2014 as well.

#558 shellybaby30

shellybaby30
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

😢 I'm so sorry to hear about your negative result. Keep your head up hun, I wish you all he best with your future transfer xo

So sorry to hear about your negative result. Big hugs to you!! Don't give up!

#559 ErinN

ErinN
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Hello. Just had my fet on 3/15. Now in the 10 day wait! The wait is killing me. I already home tested today day number 5. Clearly, it was a bit early so neg but I can't help myself. This is my 4th try this year. When is your beta? Good luck to you!
  • 2mommies521 likes this

#560 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Hello. Just had my fet on 3/15. Now in the 10 day wait! The wait is killing me. I already home tested today day number 5. Clearly, it was a bit early so neg but I can't help myself. This is my 4th try this year. When is your beta? Good luck to you!

Welcome Erin! I had my FET on the 15th as well. My beta isn't until the 28th....what about yours? I have been wanting to test too but I won't quite yet, but I think I will on the 25th which would 10dp5dt :)

#561 Mom Town

Mom Town
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

@Marh - Thanks for the welcome :) I had 3 follicles this round (3rd IVF). Last round I had 16 follicles that gave us 5 eggs, which ended in 2 embryos that didn't implant.... I figured with only 3 follicles, we'd probably get nothing. Funny thing is, we still went ahead and paid for the IUI even knowing we'd most likely get nothing. I think it's the mind's way of trying to hold onto any little grain of hope. Wanting to pee on a stick so badly. Going to try to wait until Saturday

#562 ErinN

ErinN
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:58 AM

BabyDreamer9 My beta is on 3/25. My office only makes you wait 10 days which is nice but still feels like an eternity. Will prob test again on Wed. For some reason, I feel like it gives me a little control. With both my positives, I had a positive test on day 6. Good luck to you as well!!

#563 Waiting4

Waiting4
  • 62 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

Kudos to everyone who waits for their beta. I always start testing 5 days after transfer using the ultra sensitive strips from makeababy.ca
I admire your patience!
  • RebeccaG likes this

#564 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

so sorry 4 years and counting - thinking about you!

Sep 15, 2016 First IVF 1 embryo - 2 frozen

Sep 30, 2016 - Positive HCG preganancy test

Oct 5, 2016 -  HCG dropped embryo will not last

Oct 19, 2016 - Request to see endocrinologist

Oct 24, 2016 - Beginning Hashimoto Thyroiditis diet 

Nov 30, 2016 - Blood test to determine if diet helped

Nov 2016 - RE visit

Dec 5, 2016 - RESULTS Hashimotos Diet - for the first time in 10 years I need to lower my Thyroid medicine!!  The diet is working!

Jan 4, 2017 - Meeting with Conceptia - getting ready for FET.  Apparently we have 3 embryos left 2 - 4BB and 1 - 5BB.  Preparing to put one in (hopefully in March) waiting on thyroid testing.

Jan 31, 2017 Started BC - FET scheduled for March 14 
March 14, 2017 - FET!! put in a 5bb
March 24, 2017 - blood work for pregnancy test

#565 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

I am always torn - I half want to test - half want to stay hopeful.  I am trying to hold off until Thursday - the day before my beta.

I have pimples on my shoulder and I am like yup that's it I am pregnant LOL ....I am such a nut!  Then I will feel crampy and I am like well that's it I am not pregnant, my period is coming!

So tired of these vag tabs and no baths!  Almost eager to return to normal life.

Nov 2016 - RE visit

Dec 5, 2016 - RESULTS Hashimotos Diet - for the first time in 10 years I need to lower my Thyroid medicine!!  The diet is working!

Jan 4, 2017 - Meeting with Conceptia - getting ready for FET.  Apparently we have 3 embryos left 2 - 4BB and 1 - 5BB.  Preparing to put one in (hopefully in March) waiting on thyroid testing.

#566 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Welcome Erin, only a few more days, sticky thoughts to you. 

I caved! I POAS, 3 in fact. All positive,  I'm in shock, I can't believe it. I'm 9dp, I had a dream last night that I was pregnant,  I was on the fence about testing, so I just took a cheapie, I wasn't even sure if I'd look at it, I didn't want to waste that FMU. Then I peaked, and sure enough. OMG! So then I used a FRER and digital yahoo.gif

Transfer Dates:

SarahQ* - March 6th - BFP
BrownKitty - March 6/7 - 
4Yearsandcounting - March 7th - BFN
KC2017 - March 7th - CP
Leah82 - March 8th - BFP
NurseAshlie - Early March -?
WillowRayne - March 11th - PUPO/PASP
Marh - March 12th Fresh transfer - PASP poas +
Murried* - March 12th -PASP poas + Beta not until 26th
TryingforOur2ndChild* - March12th - PUPO/PASP
Shellybaby30 - March 13th -PUPO/PASP
CatC - March 14th - PUPO/PASP
JJ1204 - fresh transfer March 14th - PUPO/PASP
Maryhope - March 14th - PUPO/PASP
RebeccaG - March 14th -PUPO/PASP
HumanPuppy - March 14th - update?
Kelso_06- March 14th - PUPO/PASP
Standbyme - March 14th -PUPO/PASP

ErinN - March 15th - PUPO/PASP
BabyDreamer -Mar. 15th PUPO/PASP
Mission - Mar. 16th - PUPO/PASP
MissyBaby - March 18th - Assuming she is PUPO?
Hopeharder - 3rd week of March
Gingermomma - March 22nd
Schlepp - March 22nd

Waiting4 - March 23rd

Renae - March 24th

2mommies521 - March 23-26th
Somehowsomeway* - Cycle pushed to April. 
Adrian555 - March 29th
Pip -Natural BFP March.1st. 

• Renae, TryingForOur2ndChild, CatC and 3 others like this

TTC since January 2013

15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 8 fertilized, Freeze all due to OHSS - 4, day 5 frosties

Sept 2016 - Mock Cycle 

#567 shellybaby30

shellybaby30
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

For those of you who have had success in the past do you remember how long post transfer you started to have symptoms?

#568 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

@murried - Congrats!!!!!! 

• Murried likes this

See my 'about me' page for treatment history.

#569 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

For those of you who have had success in the past do you remember how long post transfer you started to have symptoms?

I haven't had any symptoms just the implantation bleeding at 7dp

• Renae, TryingForOur2ndChild, shellybaby30 and 1 other like this

TTC since January 2013

Sept 2016 - Mock Cycle 

#570 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

@Murried - SO exciting!!! Congrats - 

• Murried likes this

Nov 2016 - RE visit

#571 SarahQ

SarahQ
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Clinic

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Hi ladies,

Just catching up on everybody's posts. 4years- so sorry to hear about your beta. Congrats to Leah and also Murried-- I look forward to hearing your beta! Good luck to everybody who is awaiting transfer or in the midst of the 2ww, which I know is so difficult.
AFM- my first beta 4 days ago was 44. Clinic said it is likely a chemical,,as I suspected. However I have had to stay on my meds and I am having a second beta drawn this morning. Just waiting at the lab right now in fact. I should have he results this afternoon and will keep you posted.

#572 Marh

Marh
  • Just Hatched
  • 31 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Kelowna Fert clinic - Olive

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Murried - I woke up to reading your message this morning and was absolutely thrilled for you ! Congrats.

I had my husband go buy a 2 test Pos kit agonist a week ago , as we were coming up to the ski mountain by our house. We decided against testing so I didn't ruin our vacation if it was a bfn , I have felt certain I am not pregnant because of all the reading about less success with fresh transfers and I have not had any symptoms possibly a bit of turning almost like a cramp but it goes away before I really notice it as I am looking so closing For any sign and have felt so certain it just did not work.
am not skiiing or doing anything besides relaxing and cooking healthy food and trying to enjoy the visit.
After seeing Murried message this morning I caved and did the POS and convinced my self not to tell my husband and would wait till our beta test tmrw because I was certain it would be negative and wanted to wait for the for sure test tmrw and I was Shocked to see a BFP !!!! I needed up telling my husband of course as soon as I saw it. I will wait until tmrw to find out what my beta says.
  • Renae, TryingForOur2ndChild, CatC and 3 others like this

#573 shellybaby30

shellybaby30
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Congrats Marh and Murried! So exciting for both of you!
  • Murried likes this

#574 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

AHHH - keep the great news coming! Congrats Marh!

• Murried likes this

Nov 2016 - RE visit

#575 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Hello Ladies... I've not been on here for several days and trying to play catch-up to what is going on with everyone. 4years I'm very sorry to hear that this cycle didn't work for you... fingers crossed your next transfer does. Murried and Murh congrats on the BFP... so exciting! Welcome to all the new members of the group!

AFM - I've been battling a really bad cold that has kept me home from work. I'm not feeling too postive about this fet at this point seeing as I've had a low grade fever off and on and I can't really take anything more than Tylenol being pupo. Then to add to it my daughter has had a stomach bug the last week and to top it off she now has an eye infection that she's on meds on for... the joys of the cesspool of daycares! Things are definitely harder with this process having a toddler. At this point I'm deflated and just planning for a BFN...and anything more is a huge bonus.

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: BETA scheduled