1 reply to this topic

#1 andia

andia
  • Global 100+
  • 569 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

Hello,

I just have a question about hydrosalpinx tubes. I had my right tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy. The left one is still there, but is hydrosalpinx and I wanted to have it removed to prepare for a IVF cycle, but the tube has too many adhesions and was told it couldn't be removed, there was a clip put in place. I was very lucky to have had success via IVF. 

I am now feeling pain on that side and would really like to have it taken out. Is there a special surgeon who that may be able to remove the tube even with all the scarring? I also wonder if having this diseased hydro tube can be dangerous or cause more pain, or get infected or even cause cancer?

Is there any dangers in leaving a hydrosalpinx there?

Thank you for any insight

fa8uog.gif

#2 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 58 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

Hi andia,

First off, it was very good that you had the tube clipped prior to IVF.

If the tube has been ligated, it has actually been found to DECREASE the risk of ovarian cancer, which is good. As for worsening pain or infection, these are possible although it is difficult to know the likelihood without knowing all of the details in your history.

My suggestion would be to speak to your doctor to see a Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon, if you have not already seen one. Usually these physicians have advanced skills and training with laparoscopy and handle the more difficult surgical cases.

Best of luck!

• mouse likes this