February IUI Cycling

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Littlebean

Littlebean
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Hi, I would love to connect with anyone going through IUI this month.

We are starting our first IUI with donor sperm this month. My day 1 will be tomorrow. I will be on Letrozole this time as clomid is not my friend :-)

We are dealing with severe male factor and have gone through many procedures over the past 7 years. I am 35 years old and have gone through 2 IUI's and 3 IVF's (one successful - we have a 4 year old son), one natural pregnancy and a FET. All the others procedures have been unsuccessful and/or we have lost the babies. It has been a long journey and we really are hoping to have another child through the use of donor sperm.

I would love to connect with anyone going through a similar journey, who will be or who has gone through this previously. I look forward to connecting!

#2 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton (RAH)

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hello!

I just wanted to jump in and say I'm in the early part of my first IUI cycle.

We are not dealing with donor sperm but we are dealing with male factor. Low count across the board. We are also dealing with antisperm antibodies. We have a lot against us, but I'm really hopeful IUI will be successful.

I'm on CD7 and my 5th day of Gonal-F for stimulation. Going tomorrow for a monitoring appointment!

Regarding your story, you've sure been through a lot. I'm wishing you the best with this cycle with donor sperm!

#3 cherry123

cherry123
  • Cyclebase
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

HI, 

I am doing an IUI this month with letrozole and also using donor sperm. This will be my 3rd cycle on letrozole. what dosage are you on? good luck

#4 Littlebean

Littlebean
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Hi, I am on 5mg I think. 2 pills a day of 2.5mg each....I have very regular cycles and my last IVF produced a lot of eggs. I have been on DHEA for 3 months. I did this with my IVF cycles as well and got pregnant naturally while on DHEA only.

I have done IUI with Clomid before but this is the first time trying Letrozole. How are you finding the meds? I did not react well to Clomid (so hormonal - I did not feel like myself at all so I am hoping this medication will be better).

Where are you at in your cycle? Thank you for reaching out.

#5 Littlebean

Littlebean
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

Hi making baby, I have never done an IUI with Stims - how are you feeling? I have done everything else and did high meds with my 3 IVF cycles. Let me know how your appointment goes. Send me a message.

#6 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

My first IUi. Day 1 yesterday. Starting Gonal-f from Feb.2nd to the 5th, the 6th will be my monitoring appointment.
ME : 38 yrs old, DH: 42
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary
IUI #1 - February 13, 2017

#7 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

NMS what dose of Gonal-F will you be on? I'm anticipating finishing my Gonal-F either today or tomorrow!

#8 AgiLee

AgiLee
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Travelling, Cooking
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

Hi all, 

I'm starting my 2nd IUI Cycle this month - today is Day 1. I am expecting that like last time, I will be doing Gonal-F 150 (starting Day 3).

During my first cycle I had two ovarian cysts on my left ovary that had to be aspirated (ouch!) and I ended up doing a trigger shot on Day 12 with two follicles (18mm & 19mm) on my right ovary. Unfortunately that cycle was not successful, but I feel so much more prepared and positive for this one. 

Good luck to all of you! 

TTC #1 since December 2012

First round IUI in October 2016 - BFN

Second round IUI in February 2017

#9 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

NMS what dose of Gonal-F will you be on? I'm anticipating finishing my Gonal-F either today or tomorrow!

My dosage is 62.5. May sound low because I only have one Ovary
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary

#10 ETA

ETA
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM EDMONTON

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

Hello everyone, I had my very first IUI this morning! I was doing an IVF cycle which got converted to IUI a few days ago.. I got my trigger shot yesterday at 8:30 am and IUI today at 11:30 am. Hubby's sample was 91% motility post wash and count was 7.5 M post wash... hoping for a baby!!! I have already lost one (last June). Any tips on what to do the first few days after the IUI??

I hope we have success we have had a lot of suffering the past year.

#11 ETA

ETA
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hello everyone, I had my very first IUI this morning! I was doing an IVF cycle which got converted to IUI a few days ago.. I got my trigger shot yesterday at 8:30 am and IUI today at 11:30 am. Hubby's sample was 91% motility post wash and count was 7.5 M post wash... hoping for a baby!!! I have already lost one (last June). Any tips on what to do the first few days after the IUI??

I hope we have success we have had a lot of suffering the past year.

#12 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Hi AgiLee! Wishing you all the best this time around.

NMS125 - doesn't sound low. I did 50iu!

ETA - sorry to hear about your previous loss. I just had my IUI on Wednesday so you're not far behind me. How did you find the procedure? Sorry to hear your cycle got converted, that's a bummer. How many mature follicles did you have at trigger? I'm not doing much post IUI. Trying to stay stress free and relaxed, eating pineapple (with the core) for a few days, and trying some IUI/IVF guided meditation I bought online. I've also decided to not drink any alcohol. I'm not sure any of this will make a difference, but I'm trying to give myself the best chance possible.

#13 ETA

ETA
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

ETA - sorry to hear about your previous loss. I just had my IUI on Wednesday so you're not far behind me. How did you find the procedure? Sorry to hear your cycle got converted, that's a bummer. How many mature follicles did you have at trigger? I'm not doing much post IUI. Trying to stay stress free and relaxed, eating pineapple (with the core) for a few days, and trying some IUI/IVF guided meditation I bought online. I've also decided to not drink any alcohol. I'm not sure any of this will make a difference, but I'm trying to give myself the best chance possible.

#14 ETA

ETA
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

#15 ETA

ETA
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

Makingbabby I only had one mature follicle after 14 days of Stims hence the convert to IUI instead of retrieval... the procedure was pretty easy for me. We have a lot of good things on our side, hubby is healthy and I have no other health problems or issues (got pregnant first month we started trying) but it didn't survive, so hoping that after 8 months of Accupuncture and eating super clean and taking supplements and cutting way down on alcohol that I will have healthier eggs now and I'm praying this one is the golden egg!!! My current debate in my mind is trying to decide if I want to maybe POAS a few days before the beta test... perhaps on Valentine's Day, however that would only be 10 days post IUI. I wonder if that would be too soon...I'm not doing anything different than the first time I got pregnant. We totally thought it would take a few months so I didn't think about what I was doing at all after that fertile window and boom I was pregnant 2 weeks later.... so I'm not laying around, I've read studies that recommend against that - not great for circulation etc unless you had an embryo transfer that's a whole different story! We're gonna keep trying naturally tonight and tomorrow the nurse told us the more the merrier haha. Your beta must be pretty soon, ! Are you gonna POAS before??

#16 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

Just did my last shot of Gonal-F going for my ultrasound and blood work tomorrow morning. Anyone experiencing headaches on
Gonal-f?
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary

#17 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

ETA - I'd say test when you're comfortable. At that point, you need to be comfortable enough to see a false negative. I haven't decided what to do at this point... My beta isn't until Feb 16... Which is 15 dpiui which is TORTURE. I'm going to a hockey game on Feb 11 and honestly would love to know beforehand if I can have a beer while we're there. But that would only be 10dpiui so I don't know if I'm even gonna bother. I guess I'd rather not test and go to the hockey game in a good mood... And just not drink. I don't want a negative bringing me down. It's going to be VERY hard to resist temptation by 12 dpiui. My luteal phase is never that long.

NMS - from what I know of, headaches are very normal on all stims. Good luck at your monitoring appt tomorrow!

#18 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

As for me, 4 dpiui and I'm having tons of twinges and crampy feelings. Mostly on the left side where I would have ovulated all 3 follicles from. Who knows if this means anything. Trying not to read into it.

#19 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Update of my monitoring appointment yesterday. 15 follicles 2 are dominate. I continue Gonal-f and we added Cetrotide until Thursday for the second monitoring appointment.
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary

#20 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

NMS - good news! How did your appt go yesterday?

#21 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

NMS - good news! How did your appt go yesterday?

Still continuing with Gonal-f and Cetrotide until tomorrow Saturday morning monitoring. 2 dominate and 1 smaller one. Possibly 3 dominate follicles tomorrow. To be continued.
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary

#22 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

My IUI is scheduled for Monday. One follicle is 18,5 a second slightly smaller and a third is too small and dying off. Lining good and thick. Taking Ovidrel tonight.
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary

#23 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:44 PM

Anyone experienced any side effects with Ovidrel?
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary

#24 makingbabby

makingbabby
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

Yay exciting!

I didn't have any side effects from ovidrel.

#25 NMS125

NMS125
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

My first IUI was yesterday. Now 2WW.
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary