Photo
- - - - -

2 months of Lupron before FET - success with endo?

endometriosis lupron fet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 socialgirl

socialgirl
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

Hi ladies,

I had my 1st FET on Dec. 21, 2016 and found out it failed on Dec. 30...at least I could drink on NYE and ring in the new year. We spoke to my FS in early January and he suspects that my issue is an implantation issue due to my stage 4+ endo. For our next FET (in May or June) he recommends that I take Lupron for 2 months, suggested I speak to my endo surgeon about taking my fallopian tubes out before the next FET because some U/S "may have shown hydrosalpinx and weren't conclusive", and recommended that we consider transferring 2 embryos to increase our chances of implantation.

I'm still reeling from the emotions of our 1st failed FET and am looking for some hope. We transferred a 4AA blast that was fully hatched at the time of transfer and my lining was "optimal". Everything on paper looked perfect and yet we got a BFN. We have 2 6-day blasts that are graded 5AA and 6AA left. They were almost fully hatched when frozen so I'm nervous that they won't survive the thaw because they don't have the zona pellucida to protect them. I'm praying they do well on thaw because we told ourselves we were only doing IVF once.

To all the ladies with endo out there, here's what I'm curious about:

1) Have you taken Lupron to treat endo before a FET and what was your success rate? Also, what side effects did you have from it?

2) Did you have surgery before a FET and do you feel it increased your chances?

3) What natural supplements did you take to increase your beta-3 integrin?

4) Did you do acupuncture and do you feel it helped? If so, how often did you go?

I'm sorry for the long post and all these questions that were probably answered on another thread.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for sharing your experience/success/failures. I really appreciate it!

• Wen1218 likes this

Me: 34, DH: 57

Me: hypothyroidism (treated with daily Synthroid), stage 4+ deep infiltrating endometriosis and was told when I was diagnosed that a natural pregnancy would be very unlikely.

IVF#1 at Hannam Fertility: March/April 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized with PICSI. 3 genetically perfect grade 6AA, 5AA and 4AA embryos.

FET #1: December 21, 2016 = BFN

FET #2: May 31, 2017

#2 Newbegirl500

Newbegirl500
  • 49 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Hi socialgirl. I got my first positive result after a lot of failed embryo transfers recently after useing lupron. I'm not 100% sure if it's gonna stay or be a healthy pregnancy yet but at least I got my first positive beta ever with good doubling time.
This cycle I took lupron a week before my period and then started my estrogens after AF.
My tubes are removed 2 years ago due to endo. I'm sure Lupron helped me because It stoped my ovaries from behaving wierd and they could control my cycle as they wanted.
  • Wen1218 likes this

#3 socialgirl

socialgirl
  • 25 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hi Newbegirl500,

I only just read your message. I'm happy to read a positive result like yours. I got my 1st Lupron shot on Monday and will hopefully transfer end of May or beginning of June.

How is your pregnancy going?

Take care

• Wen1218 likes this

Me: 34, DH: 57

Me: hypothyroidism (treated with daily Synthroid), stage 4+ deep infiltrating endometriosis and was told when I was diagnosed that a natural pregnancy would be very unlikely.

IVF#1 at Hannam Fertility: March/April 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized with PICSI. 3 genetically perfect grade 6AA, 5AA and 4AA embryos.

FET #1: December 21, 2016 = BFN

FET #2: May 31, 2017

#4 jbeckstl

jbeckstl
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

Hi socialgirl!

I also stage 4 endo (and "frozen pelvis" whatever that means). I am on Lupron Depot as well. My first shot was Feb 2nd, second shot March 2nd, and my third shot is this Sunday. I am doing 4 total (originally doing 3 months but because of a vacation I am doing a 4th shot) So also doing IVF around June!

Did you have surgery to treat your endo? My RE and minimally invasive surgeon both suggested NOT to do surgery as it could harm things more. I'm worried I'll regret that and have to do surgery down the road regardless!

#5 lavish

lavish
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

For those of you on lupron, when was your day 1 given no period?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: endometriosis, lupron, fet