• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Supergal

Supergal
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Astra

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

I had Anti thryoid antibodies of 250 in my miscarriage panel done in 2014. The RE didn't tell me and I only noticed the results after I got a copy of my records. My current RE has put me on 0.25mg of synthroid since my TSH was 5 and suspects Hashimoto's. Can anyone share the protocols they have successfully used? I don't seem to have issues getting pregnant but I've had 10 chemicals in the last 4 years. Right now I'm doing femara, dexamethasone until ovulation and progesterone after. TIA!

#2 dallz

dallz
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Traveling & Writing
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MONTREAL

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

Hey!

Yes I found a protocol online which really worked for me. Here is the link for the blog that saved me after 7 chemicals:

https://recurrentear...al-pregnancies/

I have a healthy daughter, she's turning 4...since I had her my Thyroid acted up and I was diagnosed with Hashimotos.  I was already on Synthroid, however that didn't correct my issue. We got pregnant EVERY time we tried, but never passed 5 weeks or got to a heartbeat scan.

This time I followed this protocol:

• 5mg of Letrozole (Femara) on days 5-9 of the cycle.  (To produce a stronger ovulation.)
  • Trigger shot of 5000mu of Pregnyl (HCG) when I got a positive OPK (to trigger ovulation)
  • Booster short of 5000mu of Pregnyl 7 days after the trigger shot (to provide early hormonal support.)

The key to this protocol is the particular days you take FEMARA. Also the follow up booster pregnyl shot is KEY to sustaining your pregnancy.

I am 14 weeks (had twins but lost one at 6 weeks)...made it this far and promised myself I would spread this protocol to anyone experiencing the same misery of chemical pregnancies...

Good luck and PLEASE keep me posted if you try it!= =)

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

• amp77 likes this

#3 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

The Endocrine Society suggests that thyroid supplementation be provided with a TSH of greater than 2.5 and positive thyroid antibodies. So it is good you are taking synthroid. However, beyond that I do not believe there is any consistent evidence that any specific fertility medications are superior to others in this situation. Luteal phase support with progesterone or hCG is a good idea as well.

Good luck!