IVF / FET Cycles Buddies 2017: trying to conceive a sibling - Page 7 - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

IVF / FET Cycles Buddies 2017: trying to conceive a sibling

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#151 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

Thank you for the advice amp! I'll do as you suggest and hopefully the spotting will stop. 

• amp77 likes this

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#152 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program-Calgary

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

ENF, I never hesitate to call my clinic. It is very likely just irritation but a call in to the nurse would ease any worries you may be having. When I had a list of questions during my last fet, I apologized profusely for all the q's and my nurse reassured me that its best to get the answers from them and that's what they are there for.
  • amp77 and ENF like this

#153 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

Thanks Babydreamer! I mentioned it to my nurse on Saturday when she called with my 2nd beta and she said everything looked great with my doubling time. So the spotting was brushed off as a non-issue. I totally agree that connecting with our clinics is the best thing to do when we are worrying. Often the nurses are able to ease our minds immediately. 

• BabyDreamer9 and amp77 like this

#154 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

Happy Mother's Day Mommies! Hope everyone is enjoying their day with their littles!
  • Renae, amp77 and ENF like this

#155 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

Happy Mother's Day :)

• BabyDreamer9 and ENF like this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#156 fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hey ladies,

Another looking to add to our family. I cycled with a few of you back in 2015 (Hi Amp and ENF! And congrats to both of you!!!) Transferred a beautiful blast and a cavitating morula this morning. Little worried about the slower growing one. Any success stories?
  • ENF likes this
Details in the About Me section

#157 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

Welcome fruitofthewomb! Nice to "see" you again. 

I just transferred our last remaining blast (our lowest quality one) and I'm now 8w2d pregnant. I still haven't allowed myself to feel like this is really happening though. I had a bleeding scare and it's made be nervous. I think I'll be able to relax after our next u/s at 10 weeks and once we receive our Harmony NIPT results.

Will you plan on POAS? When is your beta?

• fruitofthewomb and amp77 like this

#158 fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Welcome fruitofthewomb! Nice to "see" you again. 

I just transferred our last remaining blast (our lowest quality one) and I'm now 8w2d pregnant. I still haven't allowed myself to feel like this is really happening though. I had a bleeding scare and it's made be nervous. I think I'll be able to relax after our next u/s at 10 weeks and once we receive our Harmony NIPT results.

Will you plan on POAS? When is your beta?

Hi ENF! Thanks for the welcome. smile.png

Great to hear that even lower quality blasts have a chance to work. Must have been really scary to have a bleed! Nothing is easy about this whole process. If I remember correctly, you had a scare last pregnancy with your appendix. Yes the ultrasound and Harmony results will definitely give you peace of mind. Only a week or so away?

It's funny, every other transfer I've been a POAS fanatic. This time for some reason, I'm terrified to. Maybe cause I'm basically experiencing no symptoms and want to stay positive a little bit longer. My beta is Thursday. I'm now 5dp5dt and can't believe I've held out this long. I don't even have any FRERs in the house! Just internet cheapies that would probably mess with my head.

Details in the About Me section

#159 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

fruitofthewomb - Fingers crossed for your beta!

ENF - How are you feeling?  Bleeding stopped?

How is everyone else doing?

AFM - Due June 13 - Can't believe it is so close!!!  House isn't ready yet :(  I have not had a lot of energy to do a lot at once and hubby isn't good at taking initiative and in the evenings we just get tired and sit on the couch.  But, I know we will be ok no matter what happens.  Yesterday I started feeling crampy and pressure and discomfort so I think baby is settling down and dropping.  My feet and ankles have started to swell a bit and just started with carpal tunnel.  I have felt great until now and am hoping baby is not going to come too early lol.  I have been taking Daniel swimming once a week but not sure if I can any more.  :(  3 lessons left so I hope hubby can leave work a bit early to take him because Daniel really loves it.  He also started soccer on Saturday and had a great time.  Hubby can do that with him though.  I really wanted him to have some special activities before (and after) baby comes.

• fruitofthewomb and ENF like this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#160 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

@fruitofthewomb - Well done for holding out! I am so impatient with HPT that I usually end up POAS by 3dp5dt. It's terrible. I wish you the best on Thursday for your beta! And you're right, I did have a scare with my last pregnancy. I had an appendectomy at 14 weeks. Luckily that can't happen again icon_wink.gif  My next u/s and Harmony test are exactly one week from now, and I know the time will pass quickly. 

@amp - You're in the home stretch now! I'm sure you're feeling very tired, not only from being pregnant but also from looking after a toddler. Don't worry about things not being ready. As you well know a newborn simply needs a safe place to sleep, food and diapers. The rest is just superfluous. I do understand your wanting to devote time to Daniel. I feel the same with Claire. My morning sickness and fatigue has made me a pretty boring mom. Lately though I've been filling a toddler pool with warm water in our backyard and Claire loves playing in it and collecting water and watering all the plants in the yard. I just sit in a low chair near her and we are both content. Maybe try some low key activities like that?

AFM - 9 weeks today. Only spotted once last week. My belly is rounder and my boobs are double in size. I've gained 2.5lbs so far, which is great considering how awful my nausea is. 

• fruitofthewomb and amp77 like this

#161 outofnowhere

outofnowhere
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Hi everyone! How's everyone doing? Any updates??

AFM - I was offered a FET cycle this week but we decided to decline and wait one more month. I kinda freaked out at the thought of starting the process again so I think I need another month to get used to the idea. My husband is more keen than me to get things moving because he doesn't want to be too old when the baby is born, particularly if our FET doesn't work and we have to do another full cycle. Anyways, my clinic does a super long FET protocol, so I'm looking at a transfer date around the end of August.
  • ENF likes this

#162 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

Thanks ENF, you are right! We have gotten more done, bags packed, new comfy king bed coming saturday and just playing thr waiti g game now:) i hope your nausea passes quickly!

Outofnowhere - best to wait until you are ready. I hope your FET is successful!
  • ENF likes this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

#163 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • Global 100+
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hi ladies, my beta confirmed that our second fet was unsuccessful. So we are officially out of frosties from our ivf. My son turns 2 at the end of June and we have decided to take a year off from the treatments, focus solely on our quickly growing little boy and then revisit the idea of a full ivf cycle again next year. I am totally dreading the idea of doing ivf again but if it's our only option to expand out little family then that's likely the route we will go. Maybe by some miracle we will conceive naturally and we won't need to take that route🤞. All the best to all of you in whatever stage you are at with your ivf/fet cycles. ❤

#164 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts
  • My Clinic:RBA - GA

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

Hi All,
Hoping you guys have room for one more. Just got word a couple days that I am scheduled to have a FET on 6/30. I just started meds Sunday and am nervous. I really shouldn’t be because this will be my second FET. My first resulted in a beautiful baby girl that I gave birth to on 7/4/16. Due to my age the DH and I decided to go for one more.

1st FET (2015)

August 12th - egg retrieval. 16 fertilized at 5 day blastocyst)
Oct. 22nd - embryo transfer (2 embies transferred, 14 left in the freezer)
Nov. 2nd- th_abfp.gif 1st beta 589 (11dpt)
Delivered a baby girl 7/4/16

2nd FET (2017)

6/30 - transfer scheduled

7/10 - 1st beta check BFN

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled
9/18 - th_abfp.gif 1st beta 584 (11dpt)

Due date 5/24 babygirl.gif

#165 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

Welcome B3Hopeful! Your FET is coming up really quick. From reading your signature it looks like you've got lots of embryos frozen. That's amazing! Keep us posted on how your FET goes. Will you transfer two again? Or just one?

I'm really sorry your FET was unsuccessful BabyDreamer. Enjoy your year off of treatments and I wish you success for your future cycles.

How are things going with you fruitofthewomb?

How are things going with you amp? You must be getting so close!

AFM - Had my first midwife appointment today. I'm just over 11 weeks. We heard the heart beat easily as my uterus is quite high already. It's so lovely to be back with my midwives.  

• BabyDreamer9 likes this

#166 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts
  • My Clinic:RBA - GA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

ENF - Thanks... Congrats. My heart melted every time I got hear the heart beat. Love that feeling!!! Not sure if i missed it in a previous post but do you know the sex? We didnt have any of our embryos tested. We will transferring 2 at time on the 30th. I would do three if my doc allowed (hahaha). Not because I want triplets but because the odds are higher that one will take.     

BabyDreamer - sorry your FET was unsuccessful. Wish you the best of luck on your future cycles.  

• BabyDreamer9 and ENF like this

1st FET (2015)

August 12th - egg retrieval. 16 fertilized at 5 day blastocyst)
Oct. 22nd - embryo transfer (2 embies transferred, 14 left in the freezer)
Nov. 2nd- th_abfp.gif 1st beta 589 (11dpt)
Delivered a baby girl 7/4/16

2nd FET (2017)

6/30 - transfer scheduled

7/10 - 1st beta check BFN

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled
9/18 - th_abfp.gif 1st beta 584 (11dpt)

Due date 5/24 babygirl.gif

#167 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

We don't know the sex even though we did the Harmony test at 10 weeks and could have found out. Our midwife knows but we've opted to wait until delivery. I didn't find out with the other three and this time I have no desire to find out until I give birth. It's so much fun for the family to guess and speculate. 

The baby will room with DH and I and then we will transition the baby to the nursery with our two year old daughter. They will have to share a room for a few years as we've got four bedrooms and they are all full. Our oldest is 14 so I'd imagine she's here for another 8 years. The younger ones will have to share until she moves out. 

I'm excited to start planning how to add a twin bed to the nursery and alter the decor slightly. I think I'll start work on it in September. 

I'm not too keen to move our two year old to a twin bed until as late as possible. Possibly not until after the baby arrives. I'm hoping she loves her crib until she's three. I hate the transition to a real bed when they realize they can sneak out of their room. Little rascals that they are. biggrin.png

What is everyone else doing with their older ones and the room situation?

• B3Hopeful likes this

#168 Kris1984

Kris1984
  • Global 100+
  • 405 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

ENF - not sure what we will do - baby will room with us and then eventually the playroom will have to become a nursery and the girls will continue to share their room.

FET scheduled for July 6! Anyone else dealing with feelings of guilt about the old siblings not being he centre of attention anymore if/when a new baby arrives? I'm feeling very conflicted now that things are real. Also - some days I wonder if I am crazy adding another kid to twin toddlers - life is already hectic lol. But the timing is right to try again now, I think it's just nerves making me have doubts. Anyone else?
  • ENF and B3Hopeful like this

#169 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

Exciting Kris!!!

No feelings of guilt here. I figure it's a lovely opportunity for a child to become a big sister or brother and I've seen my older two thrive in that role. I think it's often harder on the parents than it is on their children when they add a baby to the family. smile.png

I definitely had mixed feelings about trying for another though. Plus the stress of going through fertility treatments made me even more unsure. Now that I'm 12 weeks and starting to feel better I feel a lot of excitement about having another little one.

I bit the bullet and purchased two twin beds that I had my eye on for a while. It was a major splurge so the rest of the nursery transition will have to be on a strict budget! 

#170 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Sorry ladies, i haven't had a computer and find it a pain to post from my phone. Inborrowed my husbands work laptop and typed up replies to a bunch of you and lost it... grrr...

Our son, Matthew, was born at 246am on father's day. :). 8lbs 11oz and 21" and a large noggin lol. Second degrer tear vs 3rd last so I am happy! 26 mins of pushing vs 1 hr 5 mins last time and we were able to do delayed cord clamping :)

We are home and doing well.
  • BabyDreamer9, ENF and B3Hopeful like this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

#171 Dragonvale

Dragonvale
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Reading, crafting, gardening, cooking, baking, rescuing animals
  • My Clinic:AART Halifax NS

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

Going in for blood work this Saturday. A little over halfway through the 16 day wait. Home tests show positive but I am certainly calming myself and hubby that it could be a false positive. It is cycle number 3 so here goes hoping this is the one. Love reading the positive results so far this month. June seems to be a good month to get pregnant :)

• ENF likes this

2003 natural pregnancy and birth of sonbabyboy.gif 
January 2005 pregnant and miscarried with 16 weeks 

late 2005-2007 3 ectopic pregnancies  (tubes were both ruptured and removed after the last two)
March 2008 First IVF cycle , produced 16 follicles during stimulation, 8 fertilized and survived , one Grade 19 transferred on day 3-didn't take, 7 8 cell embryos frozen grading from 16-18

July 2008 FET with 2 grade 18-pregnant miscarried at 12 weeks

2009 move to Canada from Germany
March 2017 initial consult and ultrasound at AART Halifax decision to begin IVF as soon as possible
June 4 ER with again 16 follicles
June 8th 7 out of 8 entered cell compacting and look great
June 9th ET  at 10:30 of a beautiful 18/20 blast. Now to make it through the wait. we were able to freeze all other 7 as they caught up nicely.

#172 Kris1984

Kris1984
  • Global 100+
  • 405 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Amp77 congratulations!!

#173 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

Huge congratulations to you amp! And only 26 minutes of pushing? Awesome! Love the name Matthew too.

• amp77 likes this

#174 outofnowhere

outofnowhere
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi all! It's seems pretty quiet in here these days, but I wanted to provide a quick update. I've been offered a cycle at RFP, and this month we accepted it! It's a pretty long protocol so right now we are expecting to do our transfer sometime between Aug 28-30. I'm excited! :)

#175 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Matthew :)Attached File  IMG_20170629_222549_281.jpg   118.58KB   1 downloads
  • hbbg, ENF and B3Hopeful like this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.