156 replies to this topic

#51 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

That's great about your SHG. When you say  "I still need another period before I'll be offered treatment" do you mean you could do your FET with your next period? As in your period which is due in March?

​Thank you for your perspective on the December birthday situ. My DH is a high school teacher and he happens to be off work until January 8th 2018. A very late December due date would work perfectly in our situation as he'd have close to two weeks off after baby is born. But I also feel much like you about a Christmas birthday. I suppose this is all very premature as I don't even know if this transfer will work. I think I need to stop over-analizing everything and just go for it! 

• amp77 likes this

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#52 AbstractEyes

AbstractEyes
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hey everyone! After taking 2.5 years off from IVF, I'm excited to get to join a thread like this again! Here's to 2017 being ALL of our years to get a sibling for our youngins.
  • ENF likes this

Daughter born - October 16, 2008

Husbands car accident - October 24, 2009 (result - paraplegia)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVF Cycle #1

February 10th, 2014 - began Puregon 75 & Repronex 75

February 13th - was told to do Puregon 150 as I had a reaction to the Repronex and to stop injecting Repronex all together

February 14th - began to do Puregon 150 and Luveris 75

February 15th - began Oragulatran

February 18th - trigger shot

February 20th - egg retrieval, 8 eggs retrieved

February 22nd - cycle cancelled, poor quality eggs

IVF Cycle #2

May 4th, 2014- began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections

May 21st - began Gonal F 300 & Luveris 75

May 26th - u/s showing about 10-11 follicles so far. Dr. said I am responding well to the meds and everything is going as planned

May 29th - reduced Gonal F to 150 mg and stopped Suprefact injections

May 30th - 12 follies on the left ovary measuring from 12.2 to 18.4 ... 10 follies on the right measuring from 12.7 to 21 ... endo thickness 9.9

May 31st - Triggered

June 2nd - ER - 16 eggs retrieved. That's DOUBLE than last time. I hope this is a good sign!

June 3rd - clinic called, of the 16 eggs, 12 were paired with sperm but only 5 of those fertilized. They want me to come in tomorrow to possibly do a Day 2 transfer and/or talk about our options.

June 4th - transferred two four cell embryos! Left the last remaining embryo to see if it would become freezable

June 7th - got the call that our last embryo started to degress so we have nothing to freeze. Getting so impatient to POAS!

June 17th - Beta at 7. Chemical pregnancy.

IVF Cycle #3

Sept 10th, 2014 - began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections ...going to follow the same protocol as last cycle!

Sept 29th - began Gonal F 225 & Luveris 75

Oct 8th - right side follies: 20.4, 19.4, 19.2, 19.2, 18.7, 17.0, 16.8, 15.9, 15.4, 14.6, 14.2

- left side follies: 20.7, 19.2, 16.8, 16.7, 16.7, 15.7, 14.6, 14.3, 13.8

- endo lining - 9.9

Oct. 9th - Triggered!

Oct. 11th - ER day. 13 eggs retrieved!

Oct. 12th - Fertility report - they were able to fertilize all 13 of the eggs after requesting my hubby bring two samples to the clinic on the 11th. Both samples were poor quality but they found 13 sperm to use. Of the 13 fertilized eggs, only 3 lasted through the night. Doc suggested we do a 2 day transfer TOMORROW.

Oct. 13th - transferred 2 two-cell embryos.. Beta scheduled for Oct. 28!

Oct. 26th - POAS at home and received THREE BFP pregnancy tests!

Oct. 28th - blood test in the AM...started spotting in the early afternoon. Heartbroken and shattered. Clinic called and said beta was 56 but I'd need to go back on the 30th.

Oct. 30th - Beta levels rose to 132. Still bleeding.

Nov. 1st - 3rd beta. Still bleeding. Quite heavily now with clots. Beta is now 369.

Nov. 3rd - 4th beta. HCG # still rising. Still bleeding. No clots now

Nov. 5th - beta dropped by 500 pts. Nurses told me to stop taking my meds. It's over. Another glaring failure.

IUI Cycle #1

October 2015 - hubby begins taking supplements to help his 0 sperm count

Feb. 18, 2016 - RE is THOROUGHLY impressed with hubby's sperm count. 0 to 36 million per ml. Suggests we try conceiving at home, though we've been trying actively since August. Suggests we try an IUI instead of ICSI as well as get an HSG done just to make sure there's not another reason why I keep miscarrying.

Feb. 19 - begin Clomid 2x/day

Feb. 26 - have HSG done - tubes are clear!

Feb. 29 - have follicular ultrasound. One mature follie.

Mar. 1 - HCG shot

Mar. 3 - IUI....RE warns beforehand that the sperm is shitty quality again and they had to thaw some of the frozen straws we had stored. RE says not to get our hopes up. th_agrr.gif

Mar. 17 - AF rears her ugly head. Another BFN.

IUI Cycle #2

May 2016 - Fail

IVF Cycle #4

April 5, 2017 - begin Menopur 75 & Gonal F 150 injections

April 10 - Menopur 75, Gonal F 150 to continue. RE added Centrotide to the mix after follicular ultrasound.

April 18 - Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs retrieved.

#53 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,610 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary AB

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

ENF: If I get offered treatment after my march period I would start my protocol then... but it's a lengthy one. So let's say my period is March 31...I'd start downregulatinc with suprefact on cd 21... April 20. Then after being on suprefact for 2 weeks and starting a period I'd start estrace for 2 weeks. Then a lining check and 5 day transfer. Would most likely put me at the end of May beginning of June.

And absolutely... just go for it and trust the process!!! What's meant to be will be! Sure would be nice to have DH around for 2 weeks.
  • ENF likes this

#54 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

Welcome Abstract eyes! 2017 will be our year!!
  • ENF likes this

#55 PrayingForABean

PrayingForABean
  • Global 100+
  • 109 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to everyone that has recently joined : )

Hoping 2017 is a good year for all of us!

AFM - I finally called the clinic to make the appointment! I am booked for April 10. The only thing they have asked me to do so far is blood work and later they will book me for a hysteroscopy to make sure things look good after having my lo. Probably wont be starting anything until late May or early June which is what we were hoping for : )

• ENF likes this

November 2014 - IVF/ICSI

th_abfn.gifth_agrr.gif

FET - January 26, 2015

Beta # 1 - 2671 (15dp5dt)yahoo.gif

Beta # 2 - Number keeps rising!

Baby girl due Oct 16th, 2015 babygirl.gif
DD born October 13th, 2015 💕

#56 outofnowhere

outofnowhere
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

ENF: If I get offered treatment after my march period I would start my protocol then... but it's a lengthy one. So let's say my period is March 31...I'd start downregulatinc with suprefact on cd 21... April 20. Then after being on suprefact for 2 weeks and starting a period I'd start estrace for 2 weeks. Then a lining check and 5 day transfer. Would most likely put me at the end of May beginning of June.
And absolutely... just go for it and trust the process!!! What's meant to be will be! Sure would be nice to have DH around for 2 weeks.

Thanks for reminding me of the FET protocol at RFP. I couldn't quite remember the schedule and I'm sure I'll have the same protocol too. We have our first appointment after being re-referred on April 20. Based on my cycle, I'm assuming the earliest we would do a transfer is August. How many periods did you have to call in before you were offered treatment?
  • ENF likes this

#57 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program-Calgary

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Hi ladies!
I'm in the FET March room as well but just discovered this one too so thought I would check in.

We are doing a FET mid March. I have a 20 month old boy from our 1st IVF in 2015 and we are now ready to add to our family again. I have 3, 5 day blastocysts and we will be transferring 1 mid March. I have my u/s on March 8th and hopefully my lining is good to go!
Currently on 5xday suprefact, Estrace, 81mg asa and folic acid.
Wishing everyone the best with their journey. ❤
  • ENF and JCharbs like this

#58 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for reminding me of the FET protocol at RFP. I couldn't quite remember the schedule and I'm sure I'll have the same protocol too. We have our first appointment after being re-referred on April 20. Based on my cycle, I'm assuming the earliest we would do a transfer is August. How many periods did you have to call in before you were offered treatment?

I'm at RFP as well and was offered treatment on my 1st cycle! There wasn't a wait at all this time around.
  • ENF likes this

#59 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Praying for a bean: great news 😍. Hopefully we will be cycle buds.

Out of nowhere: RFP just required two periods after weaning. If you have had a few periods since I think you'd be offered on your first cycle. I've heard there isn't much of a wait right now.
  • ENF and PrayingForABean like this

#60 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

Baby dreamer: so exciting!!!!!! Wishing you the best of luck 😍😍😍
  • ENF likes this

#61 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

It's wonderful to see how many of us have joined this thread! It's nice that there's a group of you at RFP too.

@AbstractEyes - It's so good to be cycling with you! Are you starting a fresh IVF cycle in the near future? Which clinic will you be seeking treatment at? I'm also super curious about your DH's plans for obtaining a sperm sample (how weird is that to say to someone!?). We had great success with electro-ejaculation in Vancouver. It was covered by MSP too I believe. 

@Bug - That is a lengthy protocol. I haven't had to down reg for my FET's but I did for my IVF cycle. And thanks for your enthusiasm about going for it! :-)

@Babydreamer - Welcome and good luck on your FET

#62 outofnowhere

outofnowhere
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Out of nowhere: RFP just required two periods after weaning. If you have had a few periods since I think you'd be offered on your first cycle. I've heard there isn't much of a wait right now.

Hmmmm....I've been having regular periods (I have a 33 day cycle) since my daughter was 8 months old, but I haven't fully weaned yet. I'm still breastfeeding once before bedtime, and sometimes one other time during the day/night. I wonder if that will be an issue?? I'm not ready to completely wean yet!

#63 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

Out of nowhere: you could just not tell them 🙈. I'm not sure if breastfeeding and the meds are ok but you could feed until you are about to cycle. Especially if you have a regular cycle, the prolactin is obviously not suppressing your cycle. I actually knew a girl who did a FET at RFP and breastfed through but didn't tell them. I'm sorry for encouraging dishonest behaviour 😂😂😂😳
  • 2Brides, ENF and outofnowhere like this

#64 Real3D

Real3D
  • 97 posts
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

Outofnowhere, suggest you check out this discussion on breastfeeding and FET

http://ivf.ca/forums...view=getnewpost
  • ENF and outofnowhere like this

#65 BabyDreamer9

BabyDreamer9
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

Hmmmm....I've been having regular periods (I have a 33 day cycle) since my daughter was 8 months old, but I haven't fully weaned yet. I'm still breastfeeding once before bedtime, and sometimes one other time during the day/night. I wonder if that will be an issue?? I'm not ready to completely wean yet!
RFP made me have 2 regular periods after I had weaned as well. I breastfed my son until he was 18 months and it was a really easy, natural process for him and me. My periods were extremely irregular up until I had fully weaned him as well but my doc there said I would not be able to nurse while taking the meds as they pass into breast milk and may not safe for babes. Ideally we would have done our FET in the fall but breastfeeding my boy until he was ready to be done was my priority so it's the route we took. Good luck with your decision.

#66 AbstractEyes

AbstractEyes
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

@ENF Maybe I'll even see you at the clinic sometime? 😉 My hubby ejaculates with two Magic Wands. He takes them to the clinic with him and does his business in there! We did do the electro-ejaculation in Vancouver at the spinal cord clinic back in 2013 but then we figured out that if we had high powered vibrators at home, he could do it there. We have been trying to artificially inseminate at home since our failed cycles but it obviously hasn't work for us yet lol. I'll be calling the clinic on CD1 later this month! How about you!?
  • ENF likes this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVF Cycle #1

February 13th - was told to do Puregon 150 as I had a reaction to the Repronex and to stop injecting Repronex all together

IVF Cycle #2

May 26th - u/s showing about 10-11 follicles so far. Dr. said I am responding well to the meds and everything is going as planned

May 30th - 12 follies on the left ovary measuring from 12.2 to 18.4 ... 10 follies on the right measuring from 12.7 to 21 ... endo thickness 9.9

May 31st - Triggered

June 2nd - ER - 16 eggs retrieved. That's DOUBLE than last time. I hope this is a good sign!

June 3rd - clinic called, of the 16 eggs, 12 were paired with sperm but only 5 of those fertilized. They want me to come in tomorrow to possibly do a Day 2 transfer and/or talk about our options.

June 4th - transferred two four cell embryos! Left the last remaining embryo to see if it would become freezable

June 7th - got the call that our last embryo started to degress so we have nothing to freeze. Getting so impatient to POAS!

IVF Cycle #3

Sept 10th, 2014 - began 0.5 ml Suprefact injections ...going to follow the same protocol as last cycle!

Oct 8th - right side follies: 20.4, 19.4, 19.2, 19.2, 18.7, 17.0, 16.8, 15.9, 15.4, 14.6, 14.2

- endo lining - 9.9

Oct. 9th - Triggered!

Oct. 12th - Fertility report - they were able to fertilize all 13 of the eggs after requesting my hubby bring two samples to the clinic on the 11th. Both samples were poor quality but they found 13 sperm to use. Of the 13 fertilized eggs, only 3 lasted through the night. Doc suggested we do a 2 day transfer TOMORROW.

Oct. 28th - blood test in the AM...started spotting in the early afternoon. Heartbroken and shattered. Clinic called and said beta was 56 but I'd need to go back on the 30th.

Nov. 1st - 3rd beta. Still bleeding. Quite heavily now with clots. Beta is now 369.

Nov. 5th - beta dropped by 500 pts. Nurses told me to stop taking my meds. It's over. Another glaring failure.

IUI Cycle #1

Feb. 18, 2016 - RE is THOROUGHLY impressed with hubby's sperm count. 0 to 36 million per ml. Suggests we try conceiving at home, though we've been trying actively since August. Suggests we try an IUI instead of ICSI as well as get an HSG done just to make sure there's not another reason why I keep miscarrying.

Mar. 1 - HCG shot

Mar. 3 - IUI....RE warns beforehand that the sperm is shitty quality again and they had to thaw some of the frozen straws we had stored. RE says not to get our hopes up. th_agrr.gif

IUI Cycle #2

May 2016 - Fail

IVF Cycle #4

April 10 - Menopur 75, Gonal F 150 to continue. RE added Centrotide to the mix after follicular ultrasound.

#67 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

@Abstracteyes I'd love to run into you at the clinic! I was just there for a sonohysterogram. I will be transferring our last blast in April, probably around April 12th. If it doesn't stick then we will need to do another round of IVF. Brad did three electro-ejac procedures so we've got lots on ice. So nice for you guys that the Magic Wands work! Very convenient. Do you know what protocol you'll be on this time?

#68 AbstractEyes

AbstractEyes
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

@ENF - not yet! Our first cycle was a short protocol and the next two were long protocols. I'm not sure what other ones there are, but Dr. H did mention he wants to do something different this time! What protocol were you on last time? I wish we were able to have some of our embryos frozen so I don't have to do fresh AGAIN. So frustrating! How is your hubby's sperm, if you don't mind my asking? My husbands actually had zero moving sperm at all for the longest time. We went to a naturopath to start on supplements to help and now his count is normal (yay!) but the motility is baaaad.
  • amp77 and ENF like this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVF Cycle #1

IVF Cycle #2

May 31st - Triggered

IVF Cycle #3

- endo lining - 9.9

Oct. 9th - Triggered!

IUI Cycle #1

Mar. 1 - HCG shot

IUI Cycle #2

May 2016 - Fail

IVF Cycle #4

#69 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

I was on a long protocol that started with three weeks of BCP. I then moved onto stims. I was only on Menopur and then Orgalutran. I still have great ovarian reserve and my AMH is good, so I had no trouble producing follicles. Feel free to look at my page for the doses and follicle counts during my IVF cycle.

I honestly have no idea what the results of my husband's sperm analysis were. I wasn't very educated about they whole IVF process when he had his electro-ejac procedures done (he did three). I know we absolutely needed ICSI and that they used one of the three straws of sperm that we have stored at VFC.

Ultimately we transferred two day 3 embryos with our fresh cycle transfer and I had a chemical. Two blasts were frozen. One blast is our daughter and the other we are transferring next month. Dr. H gave me a 50/50 chance of it working.

#70 PrayingForABean

PrayingForABean
  • Global 100+
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Bug88 - Maybe we will be cycling together : )  

Currently I am waiting for AF to come so I can call in to schedule a hysteroscopy. Our appointment is just a month away and I still can't believe we are back at it again, feels surreal!

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

• ENF likes this

November 2014 - IVF/ICSI

th_abfn.gifth_agrr.gif

FET - January 26, 2015

#71 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

It feels surreal to be back at it again too!

I'm 14 days away from CD 1 and will start my very short protocol for my FET at that time. Tentative transfer date is April 12th...about a month away. I really cannot believe I'm starting fertility treatments again. I have three more 12-hour night shifts at the hospital and then I'm off work for about a month. I want to concentrate on getting proper amounts of sleep, exercise and relaxation. We leave for Hawaii next Saturday which will definitely help me relax! 

• Jane31, amp77 and PrayingForABean like this

#72 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

Any sign of AF prayingforabean?

Ironically I'm hoping that my AF will be a couple of days late to push my transfer date to slightly later in April.

#73 PrayingForABean

PrayingForABean
  • Global 100+
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

ENF - I know right?! I also wonder what it will be like this time around having a lo. Will be completely different for sure! I'm a bit nervous lol.

AFM got AF yesterday! I just left a msg today to schedule a hysteroscopy but my doctor's assistant is out of town. I left the msg with someone else and I am waiting to hear back. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long. Sometimes they take a couple of days to reply, si now I wait 😌
  • amp77 and ENF like this

November 2014 - IVF/ICSI

th_abfn.gifth_agrr.gif

FET - January 26, 2015

#74 outofnowhere

outofnowhere
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Quick question for you ladies who are at RFP.... what testing did you need to repeat when you were re-referred before you were set up for your FET? I'm assuming I'll have to do some bloodwork, but I really, really do not want to have to redo the HSG test. Any insight would be great!

#75 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hi Ladies im coming over here from the reg FET group. 

I have a son from my IVF in 2013 i was lucky to get pregnant with him on my first FET But now since ive done 3 IVFs and 4 FETs trying for a sibling.  For the first time ever i did PGS. My IVF was in Feb i got 2 normal embryos and im transferring 1 on March 24th. My son is acting out right now which im finding really hard. I think hes feeding off my emotions with all the meds im taking. Also im still. nursing him at bedtime. Anyone else have a similar story? 

Me 39  DH 40-  

3 IUIs all BFN 

1st IVF -  2013 first IVF (long protocol)  11 retrieved. 5 blasts Transferred 2 BFN 

FET #1   Jan 2014 transferred 2 blasts- th_abfp.gif Had a beautiful little boy 09/14

Trying for a sibling- March 2016

FET # 2 (last embryo from my sons fresh cycle) Transferred 1 BFN

2nd IVF- August- 2016 ( short protocol) Fresh IVF- 24 follicles retrieved - 3 blasts  was not happy with the short protocol.                 Got better results from the long protocol. Transferred 1 in fresh cycle  BFN

FET # 1 Transferred 1 BFN 

FET # 2  in Dec 2016 of our last embryo had first m/c 

3rd IVF - Started stims Feb 11th doing PGS and embryoscope this cycle