#1 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

Might be TMI for some people!

Hi folks - Just wondering if others who have experience with Crinone can help me out? I've been using it twice a day since my retrieval on Thursday. The nurse mentioned there may be build up that I need to "dislodge", but she said I would definitely know because it would hurt/I'd feel it. I am a little paranoid about it, but being just a couple of days post-retrieval, I am already in a bit of discomfort down there.

Anyone know the easiest way to know if there is a large buildup? (I've tried checking it out myself but really, have no idea how high I need to be looking! And, am I allowed to use a little lube or something to help?) I just keep thinking, what if it's super gross and I go in for transfer and they're all disgusted!

ME: 35 36, DH: 40

TTC since 2014.

IUI #1 and #2 - cancelled
IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

IVF #1 - December '16/January '17

One embryo transferred. Two more frozen.

BFP!  Betas 176 and 1897.

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#2 Pebbles

Pebbles
  • 1000+
  • 1,003 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MFC/ McGill

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hi,
I have used crinone for multiple cycles, but was never told to actively search inside for buildup. Whenever it was too much it ended up in my panty liner (no worries about TMI...you are nearwhere close ). I don't think you should be digging around too much. If you feel something, try to rinse while taking a shower. It might be possible that your cervix is irritated from putting the stick twice a day.

And please don't worry about how it "looks in there" for your transfer. I doubt there will be a bunch of crinone in there, and even if there is, then others had the same issue before you. It's their job to go in there (they chose this job, right?), they have done it many many times....and hey you are paying more than enough money for them to ignore whatever buildup there is.
All that matters is, that it doesn't interfere with transfer.

Good luck!

#3 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • Global 100+
  • 855 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Aurora --> VFC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

Some people get more build up than others, but I've never heard of it being "felt" and certainly not causing "pain"!  When I used it I just cleaned out the "cottage cheese" when I was in the shower -- it's just the gel that stays behind after the progesterone gets absorbed. Just stick your finger up and  you'll easily know if there's much there.  It's gross - I swore I'd never use it again, prometrium capsules much easier (more liquid discharge, doesn't just build up) plus prometrium also covered by most health plans vs. crinone isn't.  Note that all of these can potentially lead to irritation and yeast infection due to constant dampness and discharge -- be sure to change your panty liner very frequently to stay "dry".

• lumnay likes this

Me: 40 41 42 43, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeds 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

#4 lumnay

lumnay
  • Global 100+
  • 666 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

The only time I had to manually get rid of the build-up was whenever the cycle fails (BFN or miscarriage). During pregnancy, I just waited for my body to get rid of it slowly. The reason is I was afraid I'd accidentally poke my cervix and cause unnecessary irritation and/or bleeding.

If you feel "full" or too uncomfortable, you can always clear the gunk when you're in the shower. Don't worry, just like what Sunshine said this "cottage cheese-like" stuff is just the old gel. The progesterone had already been absorbed. I personally didn't find it too bad so I never had to get rid of it during a successful cycle.

Crinone is less messy (in terms of discharge) versus Endometrin. Plus, it's higher dose (I believe). If you find vaginal progesterone too messy, you could always ask for PIO. Of course, you have to discuss this with your RE/clinic.

Good luck! Feel free to message me if you like.

Who stole ambushed my stork?  So many failed cycles with nothing to show but bills, receipts, and empty bottles of medications/herbs/supplements. See my profile for details... 

Kindly save your sticky vibes and baby dust and send them to those who are new and excited in this journey. 

#5 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 5,451 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

A finger up there isn't going to do any more damage than a oenis does during sex. As said above, I had to clear out the hoop every few days in the shower. Worked just fine and it wasn't an issue success wise.
  • lumnay likes this

See about me page.

#6 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone! I think I just needed to chill out a little about it. I also think I was too early into it to have much build up - now that I have had a few more doses, my body seems to be clearing out the excess just like you ladies said it would. (DH has offered to "check" for me too, hahaha.)

• lumnay likes this

ME: 35 36, DH: 40

TTC since 2014.

IUI #1 and #2 - cancelled
IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

IVF #1 - December '16/January '17

One embryo transferred. Two more frozen.

BFP!  Betas 176 and 1897.

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png