537 replies to this topic

#526 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1,149 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

Tess- Thank you so much for all your tips and experience.  I am at the Edmonton Fertility Clinic at RAH and they said their success rates for frozen donor eggs is 60%.  The RE recently told me that.  I wonder if they have a new embryologist?  When were you cycling there?  Sorry for all the questions.  As soon as you said you were told to go somewhere else I had a mini panic attack LOL  

Returnable - good luck with your mock cycle!  You are in the home stretch.  My friend was in the same boat as you on CD14 (just slightly under the 8mm) and then went back a few days later .... her lining was way over the 8mm!!!  

I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to worry anyone!

We were told this around May/June 2015.  We didn't cycle with them because of what we were told.  I'm happy to talk via PM or phone if you want more info.  Hopefully they got their success rates up.  They must have replaced their embryologist.  

If I were you I might ask:

how many eggs usually survive the defrost?  

What's the average number that fertilize?  

How many usually make it to day 5?  

How many do they usually freeze?  (Is it usual to have extras to freeze?)

How many frozen egg cycles do they do a year?  

Their body language should reveal a lot.  Hopefully their embryologists are now trained in this and they are able to pull off much higher success rates.  Good luck & please don't let me panic you!  I'm sure a lot has changed over there from the summer of 2015.  

• begin.again likes this

#527 Skyla

Skyla
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Pastry Gal- so very sorry for your loss!!

#528 begin.again

begin.again
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Tess - Thanks sooooo much for all the info.  You're right, a lot can change in a few years and it seems like the embryologist must have.  I've asked all those questions and have received decent answers from my clinic  I will definitely PM you if I have additional questions.  

I will keep you all posted as I move through the process with them.  Still trying to make sure my lining will get to that 8mm when Ii try my mock cycle again in June!!  That's a battle in itself for me thumbup.gif

PastryGal - So sorry to hear about your loss.  This journey is not for the faint of heart that's for sure.  Be easy on yourself xo

• Tess likes this

#529 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:44 AM

Another great update for me today as my mock cycle lining got to 8.1 mm. I have not heard anything from the assessment doctor that should prevent us from qualifying for the assured program with DEB USA, but of course DEB USA has the final call. Hopefully all the paperwork gets processed by our clinic quickly and then we should know next week. I'm so excited. Next AF is expected in two weeks.

• Tess, s1978, EverHopefull! and 4 others like this

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#530 Chil22

Chil22
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

Returnable
Awesome news! Sending good vibes your way for the next steps going according to plan.
  • returnable likes this

#531 mar42

mar42
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Ovo Fertility

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Returnable......I'm so happy for you! I don't think you can start the protocol for the transfer until your egg lot

is at your clinic. I know that's how it was for me.

#532 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Mar42 how long did it take for them to ship? Did you start your protocol the cycle after your mock month?

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#533 s1978

s1978
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

Hello forum,
Results so far... 8 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5... one hatching 5AA and one 2AA

Both transferred today...

Officially in the 2ww :-)

Xoxo
  • Tess, EverHopefull!, begin.again and 4 others like this

#534 mar42

mar42
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

Hi Returnable.....they usually say to allow 2 weeks more or less to arrive at your clinic. I ended up

receiving mine a week earlier then the date they gave me but then couldn't start the protocol cause

I was already due for AF to arrive. I had to do 1 injection of Lupron on day 19 so the time already passed.

I then started the protocol November 8th and my transfer was Dec. 10th.

#535 mar42

mar42
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hi Returnable.....they told me via email to allow 2 weeks more or less for the egg lot to arrive at the

clinic. I received mine a week early but couldn't do the protocol cause AF was due to arrive and

at day 19 I needed to do the Lupron injection. It was too late. I ended up starting the protocol Nov. 8th

and did the transfer December 10th.

• returnable likes this

#536 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

I guess then July will be out for us. I've spent the weekend trying to get that into my head. We're going on vacation in August so probably we won't be transferring until October.

#537 mar42

mar42
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

I know it's disappointing.....things have already been dragging on and you just want to get it all

going. Been there! Have you heard from DEB USA?

#538 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

I know it's disappointing.....things have already been dragging on and you just want to get it all

going. Been there! Have you heard from DEB USA?

I did email them on Friday and the lady I am dealing with was off. Today the email that she sent wasn't completely clear, but I interpret it to mean that they have all the information and are in the process of reviewing it. DH just transferred all our savings to his RBC account so that we are ready to pay as soon as we get the hoped for go-ahead. We normally have our banking with President's Choice and sending that amount of money through them always seems a bit more complicated.