537 replies to this topic

#1 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

It just occurred to me that it is time to start a new thread.

How is everyone doing?

• Cristine and lesnic like this

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#2 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Thanks!

I'm waiting to hear from our lawyer. We did our paperwork and are waiting for the donor to do her paperwork. It was hard for our lawyer to hear back from the other lawyer when we did our conference call, so honestly I'm nervous. We've been pushed back 2 times already in our journey for projected cycle times and switched donors... I just need to know if this isn't going to pan out so we can move and and keep pushing forward.

I hated not being in control with my own broken body... the news or updates I'd hear... this is a different kind of lack of control! Any way you cut it, it's hard.

But I have hope, and also for everyone pursuing this journey, too!

#3 Cristine

Cristine
  • 1000+
  • 1,340 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Hello ladies and happy new year! 

I'm currently in wait mode right now.  Work is so crazy busy that I haven't had much time to think about anything else so time seems to be flying.  When AF shows up in a couple weeks I will start the BCP in preparation for my DE cycle that is fast approaching in March.  Wow, I can't believe that it's going to be happening so soon.

Kayte - I hope you don't have any more delays.  Hang in there!

idream - How are things?

• EverHopefull! likes this

More details on our infertility journey in 'About Me' page

Me: 40, DH: 43

TTC for many years - severe male factor - Obstructive Azoospermia

DEIVF in Zlin, Czech Republic - March/April 2017

Jan 25 - AF arrives, start BCP

Feb 21 - Lupron Depot shot

Mar 13 - start Estrace (2mg 3x per day)

Mar 29 - ER, 16 eggs retrieved!  DH MESA successful...3 straws frozen

Mar 30 - day 1 update:  all 16 eggs mature, 13 fertilized.  Yahoo!

Apr 3 - ET - transferred 2 grade 1 blasts - I can't believe it!  Now on to the 2ww!

Apr 11 - mustered up the nerve to POAS after a brief episode of spotting.  Instant BFP.  Oh...my...God.  In complete shock.

Apr 12 - official test day:  beta @ 9dp5dt = 238! 

Apr 13 - beta #2 @ 10dp5dt = 557

Apr 15 - beta #3 @ 12dp5dt = 1473

May 3 - viability scan @ 7 weeks - TWINS!  Baby A @ 139 bpm, Baby B @ 169 bpm

May 17 - 9 week ultrasound, both babes doing wonderful (both heartbeats 182 bpm) 

#4 Cure4Mito

Cure4Mito
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:San Diego Fertility Clinic, Create

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hi all-- just wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2017.  Wishing everyone the best as they continue their DE journey in 2017.  It is a very hard journey to take, but worth it in the end.

Update from me--I'm almost 5 months pregnant with twins. Boy/Girl twins :)  So far things are going well; have my 20 week anatomy scan next week.  It's still nerve racking; obviously people know at work but I haven't told many of my family/friends asides from immediate family and closest friends.  I don't think the anxiety will go away until I meet my little ones.  

• Cristine and EverHopefull! like this

Me - 32 34

DH - 34 36

April 2012 - DS born @ 38 weeks, 6lbs 14oz.

August 2012 - Due to a rare genetic condition, our beautiful son passed away.  Always our little guardian angel.

April 2013 - Starting the journey to use donor eggs... Looking forward to giving our little angel brothers and sisters.

June 2013 - Found donor, cancelled cycle door to poor response to meds and not producing any eggs

July/August 2013 - Round 2 with donor; cancelled due to her grandmother's death

September 2013 - Found new proven donor; last time she is willing to donate

November @ SDFC: 32 eggs retrieved, 28 fertilized, 13 good enough to freeze

November 4 - Transfer of 1 perfect blast at San Diego Fertility Clinic, 12 blasts on ice.

November 13th - POAS (one of many) - Positive

November 15th - Beta #1 - 332 - Pregnant

November 19th - Beta #2 - 1600

December 2nd - Ultrasound #1 - 1 little bean with HB 117 & EDD July 22, 2014

Poor baby, missed miscarriage. Now planning for FET in several months...

1st - 6th FET: All failed

Onto finding a new donor, Egg Helpers.

Donor #2: did a cycle, but no embryos resulted

Donor #3: cycle successful, 13 embryos resulted, 2 transferred

Currently pregnant with twins. 

#5 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Cristine, that's so exciting to have a plan and know it's happening! Wow, it will be here before you know it.

Idream, how are you doing?

Congrats Cure4Mito... amazing news! What an exciting time! Thank you for the positive wishes :)

Our contract and phone call with the lawyer made it clear that contacting them and asking for updates or how things were progressing wasn't needed or desirable. However I let another week go by after already being worried that the other lawyer wasn't responding and then sent an email saying we don't want to waste any more time if there are concerns about another donor or their lawyer - as the timing of our cycle approaches, we want to know things are going as they should - with no concerns if we're at the contract stage. The response was "We understand and will contact you if there is prolonged unresponsiveness." So I still really don't know if this could be it or not, or where things are at. Fingers and toes crossed. I'd honestly rather just know and save time, after losing so much.

#6 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

I just got the results of my egg donor cycle.

We retrieved 27 eggs, 17 were mature.

16 fertilized and I now have 10 Grade 1 Blasts in the freezer just waiting for a transfer.

woohoo!!

8 days till my transfer.

• Victoria, Tess, Cure4Mito and 3 others like this

#7 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Wow that is super awesome! Congrats!

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#8 Cristine

Cristine
  • 1000+
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Currently at work and so busy but just had to pop on and say a few quick hellos. 

Cure4mito - Congrats!  

idream - AH...MA...ZING!!!  Yahooooo! 

Kayte - Hope you heard back from the lawyer!

Apr 3 - ET - transferred 2 grade 1 blasts - I can't believe it!  Now on to the 2ww!

Apr 11 - mustered up the nerve to POAS after a brief episode of spotting.  Instant BFP.  Oh...my...God.  In complete shock.

May 17 - 9 week ultrasound, both babes doing wonderful (both heartbeats 182 bpm) 

#9 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

idream, that's off the charts AMAZING!!! So happy for you! :D :D :D

Cristine, thanks, but no luck this week either. We definitely got the message they don't appreciate messages asking if they've heard anything, but our cycle is supposed to be in a month and a half?? My clinic didn't receive the match sheet from Egg Helpers either. Half of me feels like, I'm paying all of you people, why do I feel so bad asking for answers or expecting communication to know this is actually happening? Otherwise, I want to regroup (again), pronto!!  :/

#10 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:12 PM

idream, that's off the charts AMAZING!!! So happy for you! :D :D :D

Cristine, thanks, but no luck this week either. We definitely got the message they don't appreciate messages asking if they've heard anything, but our cycle is supposed to be in a month and a half?? My clinic didn't receive the match sheet from Egg Helpers either. Half of me feels like, I'm paying all of you people, why do I feel so bad asking for answers or expecting communication to know this is actually happening? Otherwise, I want to regroup (again), pronto!!  :/

Kayte,

Keep on top of them, if the lawyers say they don't appreciate your calls remind them who is paying the bill. And there are lots of lawyers who are looking for work.

If your clinic doesn't have the match sheet from Egg helpers then call Egg helpers, find out if there is a reason why.

There seems to be an attitude that intented parents should just bend over and take it. Stand strong and tall, you are footing the bill here and it is a huge bill. Do not let them make you think you are hostage to them because you are not. I think I shocked the pants off of some lawyers and the agency when I was willing to walk away from the process when my egg donor wasnt willing to cooperate and find terms that worked for both of us.

#11 foxymama

foxymama
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:Not sure

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

Hi All!

I'm currently trying to pick a donor, although my husband and I are both drawn to one through Fairfax Egg Bank. We just need to pull the trigger and spend the money!

Cycling through PCRM Edmonton. We had a failed cycle through RFP in Calgary in November.

Good luck to you all! :)

A short history of why I have one partially-working-lonely-remaining-ovary in About Me.

32 YO with DOR.  Moving on to DE IVF fall 2016!

#12 Cure4Mito

Cure4Mito
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:San Diego Fertility Clinic, Create

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

idream, that's off the charts AMAZING!!! So happy for you! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Kayte,

Keep on top of them, if the lawyers say they don't appreciate your calls remind them who is paying the bill. And there are lots of lawyers who are looking for work.

If your clinic doesn't have the match sheet from Egg helpers then call Egg helpers, find out if there is a reason why.

There seems to be an attitude that intented parents should just bend over and take it. Stand strong and tall, you are footing the bill here and it is a huge bill. Do not let them make you think you are hostage to them because you are not. I think I shocked the pants off of some lawyers and the agency when I was willing to walk away from the process when my egg donor wasnt willing to cooperate and find terms that worked for both of us.

Yeah, I agree with idream on this.  I was super proactive with finding my donors.  Reaching out to multiple agencies and verifying that the info on the site is the most up to date info.

For my cycle, my donor was supposed to go into a cycle with another set of parents and was supposed to do a cycle in May/June.  But then it got delayed again and again, and I told the agency-- hey, so I'm ready now to do a frozen embryo transfer, if the donor is ready now I'd like to do the cycle with her.  They got back to me and the other IP said they'd do a transfer with that donor after our cycle and when they gathered more money.  We did the cycle with the donor in August.

So, be proactive, don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, and follow up with the agency if they're not answering you.  I think maybe in my circumstance, I also told them that I was working with 2 other agencies (which I was) to find a donor, so maybe that helped too.

Me - 32 34

DH - 34 36

April 2012 - DS born @ 38 weeks, 6lbs 14oz.

August 2012 - Due to a rare genetic condition, our beautiful son passed away.  Always our little guardian angel.

April 2013 - Starting the journey to use donor eggs... Looking forward to giving our little angel brothers and sisters.

June 2013 - Found donor, cancelled cycle door to poor response to meds and not producing any eggs

July/August 2013 - Round 2 with donor; cancelled due to her grandmother's death

September 2013 - Found new proven donor; last time she is willing to donate

November @ SDFC: 32 eggs retrieved, 28 fertilized, 13 good enough to freeze

November 4 - Transfer of 1 perfect blast at San Diego Fertility Clinic, 12 blasts on ice.

November 13th - POAS (one of many) - Positive

November 15th - Beta #1 - 332 - Pregnant

November 19th - Beta #2 - 1600

December 2nd - Ultrasound #1 - 1 little bean with HB 117 & EDD July 22, 2014

Poor baby, missed miscarriage. Now planning for FET in several months...

1st - 6th FET: All failed

Onto finding a new donor, Egg Helpers.

Donor #2: did a cycle, but no embryos resulted

Donor #3: cycle successful, 13 embryos resulted, 2 transferred

Currently pregnant with twins. 

#13 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Welcome FoxyMama :)

Thanks girls for your feedback. I agree with you. I contacted Egg Helpers on Friday (left a message) and explained the situation and asked to know what is happening. They didn't respond - they guarantee a 48 hour response time - so if Monday is passing and no response, I will call.

I have developed this sickly, twisting stomach sensation/nervousness about this. I guess similar to the egg retrieval/fertilization/embryo development, and if making it that far, beta process. I feel like my heart leaps into my throat if I actually have an email from someone (the clinic, lawyer, Egg Helpers) and I've just come to expect things will not progress, the timeline will change, the donor will back out, etc.

I know with this route of trying to have a child, this can happen just as much as the twists, turns and setbacks of pursuing cycles with your OE. And I am so grateful there are women willing to cycle and donate their eggs for another woman and her family. But I feel like I need to practice deep-breathing techniques or heart-calming techniques through all these ups and downs.

Thanks for reminding me that I deserve answers and communication. I guess at least with the lawyer, who was at least trying to contact the donor and her lawyer last time I heard from them, I felt I didn't deserve to keep contacting them because she made it clear she charges less than other laywers (which we did investigate and found to be true) but that if we want to engage in frequent phone calls or emails, the low rate she gives people would not cover the costs. I feel good about this lawyer and her history, but you're right, we don't really feel like we're in charge or the paying client when she makes us feel this way. And it's not even like I would be contacting her all the time... just wanting an update if she even has reached these people and things are progressing if we've signed and paid legal contracts, with the cycle in just over a month - apparently!

Thanks for being listening ears... I will update if I hear anything tomorrow. Fingers mega crossed.

#14 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1,149 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Kayte,

Good luck with the cycle moving forward!  

The agency should be getting back to you & informing you about the timeline.  

It seems strange that the lawyer has been put in the situation of go-between, when the egg donor agency should be fulfilling that role.  

Is the problem that egg helpers is being flakey, and you need to bring in someone whom they will actually respond to?  In that case, you might ask the lawyer what she charges to engage in correspondence, and then ask her to do this for you.  

Many lawyers bill in per 15 minute increments -- could get expensive -- but if you just need a nudge-- it might just be 1 billing session of 15 minutes for her to write a letter, e-mail, or make a phone call to egg helpers. 

Good luck!!!  

#15 Cristine

Cristine
  • 1000+
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Welcome foxymama!

Kayte - are things moving along finally??  I hope so!

idream - Did  you do your transfer yet?

Hello to EOE!

AFM - Got AF earlier this week so started the BCP.  First step in the process...the ball is now officially rolling.  Yay!  Can't believe that on this day 2 months from now, I will be in Zlin.

• Curlylox likes this

#16 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Cristine so excited for you!
  • Cristine likes this

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#17 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

Welcome foxymama!

Kayte - are things moving along finally??  I hope so!

idream - Did  you do your transfer yet?

Hello to EOE!

AFM - Got AF earlier this week so started the BCP.  First step in the process...the ball is now officially rolling.  Yay!  Can't believe that on this day 2 months from now, I will be in Zlin.

Hi,

So my transfer was today, of course I have a wick cold. I am so stuffed up I can't breath, and was told I can't take anything other then plain Tylenol.

My BFF came to Toronto with me. We stayed at a super swanky hotel (thanks Hotwire!!!). Which is good cause we spend more time in the room then we expected.

Testing on February 9.

Cheers

#18 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Idream all best wishes for you.

#19 PastryGal

PastryGal
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, baking, reading, travel
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Zlin for DE IVF at the beginning of April and just found this thread. I'm just waiting for my next cycle so I can start the BCP and get everything going! 

Christine - you must be so excited to get the ball rolling! Sounds like I will be in Zlin a week or two after you!

idream - sending positive thoughts your way!

• Cristine likes this

Me: 32 DH: 33

3 failed IUIs (2015), 1 failed IVF (2016)

#20 lesnic

lesnic
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Trio/LifeQuest

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi ladies!

My fiance and I are currently looking for an egg donor to help us with our dreams of being parents. We are located in Ontario (close to Toronto) and would prefer the donor is close as well. If anyone is interested, please give me a shout!

Nicole

#21 mar42

mar42
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • My Clinic:Ovo Fertility

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

I did a frozen donor egg transfer from DEB USA in December.

I ended up with a BFP! I'm 10 weeks today. I go for my first Dr

appointment this week. Hoping all is good!

idream.....wishing you best wishes!

cure4mito.....congrats on your twins!

#22 Cristine

Cristine
  • 1000+
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

idream - Yippee re: your transfer!  Hope the next few days pass quickly for you until beta.

mar42 - Amazing news.  Congratulations and good luck at your appt this week! 

kayte - Where you at!?  Lol

patrygal - Welcome to the thread and I'm glad I found a Zlin cycle buddy!  We just might be crossing paths in CR.  When is your transfer date?  Are you staying at the Tomasov?  I will there from March 27 to April 4.  And I see you are also at markham.  What a coincidence.  Who is your doctor?  I'm with Dr. Virro. 

• mar42 likes this

#23 PastryGal

PastryGal
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, baking, reading, travel
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

mar42 - Hope your appointment goes well. That is great news!

Cristine - We are scheduled for egg retrieval on April 6 which I think means transfer on April 11. What a coincidence, our plan is to arrive on the 4th and we are planning to stay at the Tomasov. Going to book it this week. We are hoping to do a few days of travel before we get to the clinic. I'm with Dr. Pyselman at Markham!

• mar42 likes this

Me: 32 DH: 33

3 failed IUIs (2015), 1 failed IVF (2016)

#24 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hey all. I took a little break since I was feeling downcast and too filled with negative energy. Trying to work on it but hate relying on so many second party resources to communicate and... actually work out. Waiting and silence and starting to panic over needing to start over again, repeat, in this DE journey. I thought it might be easier, knowing with a DE cycle I was working with someone else's fertility... but I'm struggling with not being the person in charge of the communication, contacting, or being able to initiate the next steps and be responsible when I'm the one cycling. If that makes sense. And I'm not even really talking about donors, as I understand their predicaments and that things come up. It's everyone else involved.

So a month passed following our phone consult with the lawyer. We had paid and sent in our donor agreement contracts a few months before that. With 4 weeks to go to our intended donor cycle, I had heard zip from the lawyer, the donor's lawyer, the donor or the clinic. No one seemed to think this was worrisome but me. The clinic wasn't willing to tell me my first steps as the intended parent until they got a match sheet from Egg Helpers, which wasn't arriving. With some help from people here, I finally had sound advice about who to contact and who was responsible for the next steps at this point.

Finally Egg Helpers returned my communication and said that the donor had just started a new job, and was not comfortable telling her new employer about being an egg donor during her probation period... which would be another 3 months. And then, after that, she didn't know when she would actually be able to do the cycle. My heart stopped when I heard this. I understand her position, but I don't understand why no one was able to tell me this as time passed by so we could regroup... again. Even my lawyer said they would contact me if there was "prolonged unresponsiveness from the donor". I guess 4 more weeks of unresponsiveness wasn't concerning to them when our cycle was supposed to be March.

Anyway, for a day or so I just felt disappointed. We had really wanted this donor, then E.H. had told us the wrong cycle availability for her (that she was already matched when we were ready to sign off), and so we switched to our second choice donor, who then when it was time for the cycle said she wanted another half year off, then we went back to the first donor who was matched again, but planned for a cycle in March next month. Then this information comes around that I had to fight hard to get any information about. I also had really connected with her profile - she could be my sister, and I could have written her responses to questions myself. And I guess had convinced myself that the middle half year wait that didn't work out for our second choice was because our first choice was meant to be all along.

Then the next day, I was like... enough of this. My response is in my control, evaluate what really matters here. I went back to their database and scoured it for another couple of ours, reconsidering donors and checking to see if there were any new additions. I found two donors I was interested in, and they were repeat donors with their (impressive) previous results actually updated with E.H. I asked them to call me and said I want to decide on a new donor, today. They actually called the day of and it turns out that one of those two was available, was expecting her cycle very shortly and had communicated she'd be back at the clinic in a heartbeat if she had notice. And did I mention the E.H. website said on her previous cycle, she had 30 eggs and 25 embryos??

This seemed way too amazing after our luck this far. We redid the forms, contacted the lawyer, the match sheet was ready and faxed off. I was a little panicked, like... I guess I need to get to the clinic and prepare, have my counselling session, and so on. I guess when it's right, it just proceeds!

Then I heard nothing, again. I called the Clinic and they thankfully had received the match sheet, but said E.H. was not truthful about her previous cycles. As in, her last cycle was 15 eggs, 1 embryo. A little different than 30 eggs and 25 embryos. The clinic was really terse about this and said they recommend all intended parents contact them directly about the donor's previous results as they hear all the time the quotes about past results with E.H. and they are not correct. sad.png I had the info written out about what E.H. told me about the others we had considered or been contracted with, and the Clinic looked up their results (using the operating room retrieval forms as signed by the RE) and none of them were accurate.

I just started to cry... would this ever work? Who to trust? At this point we pay up but are at the mercy of others' goodwill and honesty. I just felt such a lack of control. Anyway, it turns out this third donor's second to last cycle also had 15 eggs but 6 PGS tested embryos. And that is great, plus my husband has stellar spermies, and that is something we never know with previous donor results. So I just said, we need to go forward, regardless of the discrepancies with E.H.

Another week has passed since then, and I haven't heard from anyone... strange for an available donor who wanted to start a cycle asap?? I'm assuming the donor is on board if E.H. told me she's available immediately and the match sheet was received at the clinic. Every time I get an email I'm hopeful that I will hear something soon, or my next steps. But, this is the farthest we have gotten this past year, so I am glad for that.

Sorry to ramble so long - no one knows we are embarking on this, or have been trying to for awhile now... no friends or family, and it feels good to feel like I was just able to tell a friend. I know I'm extra stressed with work right now, and between managing both I need to remember to have a positive spirit through it all and know I'm doing the best I can, the rest relies on luck and things out of my control falling into place, and will try to lose some of the anxiety.

Thanks for listening. smile.png

#25 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Wow what a journey Kayte. Stay strong.