• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 Mamacee

Mamacee
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Heartland clinic

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

I have done 2 with estrace and 1 with estrogen injections. Those I got to 6.5 then I just tried a natural cycle with low does stim and had 7.5. It was my Matris test that made us cancel. Otherwise we wouldn't have gone ahead.
Hoping to maybe try something different next time to get the lining thicker.

#27 LisaWhyte

LisaWhyte
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Clinic

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Hi All,

I am hoping for some success stories this year.
I am transferring from Hearltand in Wpg to VFC and I could not be more excited.

We did a IVF cycle in Winnipeg, only 4 eggs made to blast out of 14. 3 transfers, 2 chemicals, 1 MC at 8weeks. We are so happy to be moving to Dr. Hudson. Our consult is March 8th. I am most anxious about timelines right now.. I have had every test Heartland offers. I wonder when I will fly to Victoria? Any insight on timelines is helpful. My husbands sperm is low motility. That is all we know. 

• issaxoxo1991 likes this

#28 issaxoxo1991

issaxoxo1991
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Heartland turned VFC

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hi All,
I am hoping for some success stories this year.
I am transferring from Hearltand in Wpg to VFC and I could not be more excited.
We did a IVF cycle in Winnipeg, only 4 eggs made to blast out of 14. 3 transfers, 2 chemicals, 1 MC at 8weeks. We are so happy to be moving to Dr. Hudson. Our consult is March 8th. I am most anxious about timelines right now.. I have had every test Heartland offers. I wonder when I will fly to Victoria? Any insight on timelines is helpful. My husbands sperm is low motility. That is all we know. 

Hey! I am a recent transfer from Heartland too! We just had a follow up appt on Monday, like you had all tests done and were able to start right away if we wanted. We opted to wait until April but wait times seem amazing!!

#29 pearljam1997

pearljam1997
  • 1000+
  • 1,525 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC!!

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

I am so sorry for not checking back in sooner, didn't realize I failed to follow the thread

Thanks itstime! Been a long haul.

Awe84 I hope all is well with you, fx TIGHT! I bled with this one, the one prior as well, seems subchorionic hemorrhages are very common even more so with treatments. Be sure to drink lots and rest when you can, no sex or heavy lifting. If you need to chat I'm here

Mamacee we honestly have no clue, fresh cycles always looked good with linings near 10 except for one cycle where it wad in the 8s. This fet was the highest I've gotten aside from fresh ivf cycles where I had mass amounts of estrogen in my system. I'm not familiar with the matis test so I can't offer any insight on that, sorry. What number are they looking for? Maybe you need just a few more days of estrogen before starting progesterone, seemed to work out well for me and the only reason that happened was because they couldn't fit me in sooner for the transfer.

Prior to this transfer we tried so many things to get a thicker lining and nothing really worked, almost always in the 7's, one time when we were all booked it didn't even go trilaminar.

Lisawhyte welcome here, as for time lines you can generally cycle right aways after but u can't help for when you'd fly out other than most do so on day 5 or 6 of stims. Good luck!

Issaxoxo1991 welcome as well, wishing you the very best!
Me 35, DH 39, DS 1-18, DS 2-16, m/c July 1999 and Oct 2015, failed reversal. See about me page for history.

#30 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

Hello ladies!! I've been on and off this site for a few years..Back in 2014 we were diagnosed with MFI. We tried a few iuis that failed, leaving us with IVF as our only option. Before trying for a baby I had lost a bit of weight and once getting diagnosed with infertility and all the stress that goes with it most my weight piled back on. Dr Hudson told me he needed me to lose weight in order to go forward with IVF. After a long time of digging my heals in I have lost almost 50lbs. I've been nervous to contact Dr H about my progress because I still had a few lbs to go.Well a couple of weeks ago another woman in my bootcamp who sees Dr H convinced me to email Dr H with my progress. So I did. Today we had our appointment to get all of our tests re done and after almost 3 years of waiting WE ARE APPROVED to move forward with IVF!!Anyways just wanted to say hey, introduce myself and I'm excited to be part of this group as we finally move into the next stage of this journey!
  • dawnkey, pearljam1997, Roller coaster and 1 other like this

#31 Mamacee

Mamacee
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

Congrats stellabella! That is great news and good luck to you!!

#32 dawnkey

dawnkey
  • Cyclebase
  • 948 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

Stella -.that is great news!
AWE - how are you doing? I hope you have good betas. :)

Me (41) Dx - Annovulatory PCOS, One blocked tube, Grave's Disease - actually, make that Hashimoto's + Him (36) Perfect in every way!

Treatment/Cycle details in my 'About Me'.
sfhjk1284.png
nmx60gj38.png

0tlg34ey5.png

#33 pearljam1997

pearljam1997
  • 1000+
  • 1,525 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC!!

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

Great news Stellabella! Good luck!

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Me 35, DH 39, DS 1-18, DS 2-16, m/c July 1999 and Oct 2015, failed reversal. See about me page for history.

#34 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

That's fantastic news Stellabella! Awesome work on the weight loss!

AFM - Had my consult on Feb 1st for my upcoming FET. It was so nice to see Dr. H again. He's such a lovely man. Plan is to do a SHG during my next cycle and then transfer with the following cycle. Assuming AF arrives as predicted I should be doing my ET on April 14th. I plan on spending the next two months enjoying life without fertility treatments, but I'm definitely excited about starting again. 

• dawnkey and pearljam1997 like this

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#35 Mamacee

Mamacee
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Enf. What is an shg?

#36 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

It's a sonohysterogram. Dr. H did one prior to my IVF cycle as well. Basically they inject normal saline into the uterus via the cervix. This allows Dr. H to view the shape and condition of the uterus. He also takes a endometrial biopsy at that time. It wasn't painful for me last time, but he does recommend taking Advil or Naproxen prior to the procedure. 

#37 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

ENF- I'll be getting an shg next cycle as well. I've had an HsG, are they similar in pain/discomfort/length of procedure? Also do you get put on an antibiotic with an egg like with the HsG?

#38 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Stella - I haven't had a HSG but I believe they are similar in length, however the HSG is often more painful because of the contrast dye they use to visualize the uterus and tubes. The SHG only uses sterile saline and doesn't go into your tubes. Some women may also find it painful to have the catheter inserted through their cervix, depending on how their anatomy is shaped etc. For me, the SHG was painless as were both my embryo transfers. When will you have your SHG done? 

As for the antibiotic, I honestly can't remember but I believe I was on one for a few days when I had my SHG (just prior to starting stims for my IVF/ICSI cycle). I was also put on a five day course of antibiotics after both my fresh transfer and FET transfer. I'd imagine that I'll be on antibiotics again for this SHG and then for my FET the following month.

#39 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info. When I get my period I have t contact them too book my shg. My period is due at the end of Feb. I'm just wondering about the antibiotics because we are going to Hawaii mid March and I don't want any complications while away (infection) lol I'm an overthinking..

#40 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

That's so funny. I am also due to get my period at the end of February, then do my shg, then we are heading to Oahu for two weeks starting March 18th! What island are you going to?

I don't think you need to worry too much about infection, although there is always a risk. They wash your cervix with an iodine solution to help prevent infection too. My sheet says there's a 1 in 500 risk of infection. I'd be more worried about a yeast infection from the antibiotics.

#41 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Are you starting your IVF cycle with your cycle after your shg?

#42 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

Haha we are going to Kona- the big Island the 14-22nd! And then hopefully start to cycle when we get back and I get my period (end of March) that's funny, so similar!

#43 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

We were on the Big Island in 2015. It's my favourite island so far. We stayed on the Kohala Coast and absolutely loved it. 

If you do cycle after you get your period at the end of March, let Dr. H know. That way you can have any medications with you that you need to start while you are away. Although your timing might work out that all you'll need to take is BCP. It'll be an exciting spring for you!

#44 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

Enf...We were at Vfc last week and he wrote down my dates. I'm assuming after he gets results from my shg and if those come back good he will set me up with any medications I will need?! If dates do not line up I guess we could wait another month. Lol what's another month after almost 4 years TTC right!
  • ENF likes this

#45 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

You're right, after your shg they should set you up with all your medications and instructions. Do you know what protocol you will be on? Perhaps one that starts with three weeks of BCP and then moves onto stims. 

#46 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

Enf. I have no idea. We never talked about protocols...Maybe after my shg? This is my first time so I have no idea about the process beyond what I read in the IVF manual lol
  • ENF likes this