• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kobe

Kobe
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

Hi I've been diagnosed with PCOS      I have slightly high DHEAs (9-15), irregular periods (long) and annovation. I've taken Metformin and Clomid prescribed by my family doctor and gynaecologist. These medications have caused me to bleed heavily for months.        Can you please recommend an acupuncturist and herbalist in the Edmonton area that has expertise and a good track record in treating patients with PCOS and menstrual irregularities? Can you please offer some suggestions to help me combat these issues?   I feel disappointed with the treatment options that have been prescribed to me so far because the negative side effects of the drugs have worsened my health rather than helping me.
Thanks! 

#2 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 334 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Acubalance

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Cecil Horowitz's clinic can help you

http://www.wholefamilyhealth.ca/

And I have most women I see with PCOS to respond well to a combination of  Chinese medicine and fucntional medicine

Here is PCOS page on my clinic site.  If you are looking for hope and inspiration scroll  3/4 down to read a few stories shared by others with PCOShttp://acubalance.ca...-treatment/pcos

And my colleague Fiona McCulloch ND has published a book on this topic that I highly recommend

Good luck.  

Lorne Brown B.Sc.,CA, Dr.TCM, FABORM, CHt
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Clinical Hypnotherapist
Founder and Clinical Director Acubalance Wellness Centre (British Columbia)
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#3 csbd

csbd
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

Monica Patt is an acupuncturist who is located in downtown Edmonton (free parking at the back). I have been going to her for three months and would highly recommend her.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Edmonton, Acupuncture, PCOS, DHEAS