63 replies to this topic

#51 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Mama - thanks! And yes they will do the ultrasound while you are still bleeding. It's not the most comfortable experience. And I agree, they rush and seemed annoyed at times. I too have learned way more on here, they seem to assume that we should know a lot. I don't find their website great either, yet the always tell you to go there. Def poor customer service.

IVF# 1 - Retrieval on Jan 13th/17 - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 5 survived to day 5. 1 transferred on Jan 18/17. 4 frozen embyros.

BFN - Jan 30/17

March 1/17 - th_abfp.gifyahoo.gif

March 2/17 -  Confirmed BFP! Beta = 200

March 14/17 - First U/S

#52 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

There is way more info. On other clinics' websites.(ones in the US)

#53 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Does anyone know which pharmacies in the city have the best prices on fertility meds?

#54 bobbi13

bobbi13
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

I think your best bet is Assiniboine Pharmacy that the clinic works with. A couple of reasons - they are very familiar with the meds. Most other pharmacies aren't. They will also split up the packaging for the meds, and other pharmacies won't. So if you need only a certain amount of menopur, they will give you the exact amount where another pharmacy might make you take a whole box and then that gets very expensive. Assiniboine also does the teaching for how to do the injections. I don't know if other pharmacies will know how to. Heartland used to also deal with Osborne shoppers and mycare on portage but they don't anymore and I don't know if they will offer the extra services anymore. I live in Transcona so Assiniboine is super far for me but I had them deliver the meds and it was all good!

#55 Somehowsomeway

Somehowsomeway
  • 70 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Mama. You pretty much have to go to Assiniboine because Heartland uses them
Exclusively and they carry the drugs regularly. All pharmacies can get the drugs tho. My gf mom owns a pharmacy. A girl I know went to mycare and apparently Heartland wanted a percentage to send clients there. Who knows but that's what she was told when she accidentally went there on her second cycle because Heartland didn't tell her that they changed carriers.

Bobbi. How did your cycle go. How are you feeling. Do you know when you will plan an fet?

#56 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Thx bobbi13 and Somehowsomeway!

I received a brochure for Assiniboine pharmacy with the Heartland paperwork, but just thought I'd ask before I start calling all pharmacies for price comparisons.

I still have to read through all of the consent forms. My appointment for consent signing is coming up soon.

#57 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

I have a question for those who have done IVF before. It says on my protocol papers that vaginal u/s for IVF are done on an empty stomach...is this right? My HSG was to be done on a full bladder.

#58 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Mamasita - for the ultrasound for monitoring they wanted an empty bladder.

Does anyone know if the 6 week ultrasound is vaginal? And if it has to be a full or empty bladder?

IVF# 1 - Retrieval on Jan 13th/17 - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 5 survived to day 5. 1 transferred on Jan 18/17. 4 frozen embyros.

BFN - Jan 30/17

March 14/17 - First U/S

#59 Somehowsomeway

Somehowsomeway
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Mama. I wouldn't worry to much they ask you if you need to use the bathroom before they bring you to the room
Every time. You should be fine. It's pretty standard actually

#60 Somehowsomeway

Somehowsomeway
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Pip. I know for my ultrasounds. They started outside and could not see anything and went vaginally. Unfortunately due to hydro it was in my tube. But they usually are able to see it on the stomache at that date.

#61 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

It's been pretty quiet around here.
How is everyone doing?

#62 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

We had our first U/S last Tuesday but all they could see is a gestational sac and a yolk sac so we are going back this Friday for a 2nd U/S. It was Dr. Elliot, he had said that because I got pregnant the cycle after my IVF he wouldn't be surprised if I ovulated later than normal and that I'm just not as far along as they thought I was based on my last period. I have also been reading that since I have a unicornuate uterus sometimes the early U/S can be more tricky because the positioning is a bit different than a full sized uterus - it sounds like a lot of ladies in that group had the same thing happen only to show better news the next U/S. So we are anxiously awaiting our apt on Friday. Had some minor spotting on Friday that made me really paranoid but it went away. The first U/S was an internal U/S so the clinic said that likely just aggravated something.

Mamasita - where are things at with you? Have you signed your consent forms yet?

BFN - Jan 30/17

March 14/17 - First U/S

#63 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

Went to meet the Dr yesterday to sign forms. I had my long list of questions to ask.
Feeling ready to go!

I also got my injection training. My protocol calls for gonal F and Luveris to be mixed together into one cocktail = only 1 injection to start off 😊
Then adding cetrotide as an extra injection later.

I started spotting already, so it looks like AF is coming early, which means that I will start BCP soon.

#64 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Just Hatched
  • 58 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

We had our first U/S last Tuesday but all they could see is a gestational sac and a yolk sac so we are going back this Friday for a 2nd U/S. It was Dr. Elliot, he had said that because I got pregnant the cycle after my IVF he wouldn't be surprised if I ovulated later than normal and that I'm just not as far along as they thought I was based on my last period. I have also been reading that since I have a unicornuate uterus sometimes the early U/S can be more tricky because the positioning is a bit different than a full sized uterus - it sounds like a lot of ladies in that group had the same thing happen only to show better news the next U/S. So we are anxiously awaiting our apt on Friday. Had some minor spotting on Friday that made me really paranoid but it went away. The first U/S was an internal U/S so the clinic said that likely just aggravated something.

Mamasita - where are things at with you? Have you signed your consent forms yet?

I'm excited for your U/S on Friday. I'm sure it will be more clear