235 replies to this topic

#226 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 183 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

Sorry just catching up on everyones journey! For the federal tax it falls under medical expenses. Its not 10% but rather based on your income, it has to be over a certain percent of your income to qualify (I think its 3% so if your expenses are greater than 3% of your income you can claim any expenses related to IVF, as well as any other medical expenses you may have). Either spouse can claim the credit and it makes more sense to claim it on the lower income earner. With this and the MB tax credit we got back about 60-70% back. The exact amount will vary depending on your income since the federal tax credit is based on your income and not a set amount like the fertility credit. Also, the federal tax credit you can carry over to a different tax year. We didn't do that as we needed the money back but its an option, also no limit that I'm aware of on the federal taxes. They did make recent changes to the federal tax credit - I forget exactly how it worked before but they found they were discriminating against same sex couples because technically they may not be infertile, so they changed the wording of who qualifies, so its a bit more open/easier now than it was.

Good luck on your upcoming cycles everyone!

• Dawn82 likes this
IVF# 1 - Retrieval on Jan 13th/17 - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 5 survived to day 5. 1 transferred on Jan 18/17. 4 frozen embyros.
BFN - Jan 30/17
March 1/17 - natural bfp on 3 home tests!!
March 2/17 - Confirmed BFP! Beta = 200
March 14/17 - First U/S - gestational & yolk sac present
March 24/17 - 2nd U/S, hr = 136 bpm, measuring 6 weeks 6 days. Due date = nov 9th/17 💕

#227 S_secret

S_secret
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Ok it's all done. Both littles are in so hopefully they are snuggling up. Dr Elliot did the transfer. Dr Stephanie was there too. They both said it went really well. I over achievered on the bladder. I couldn't focus on anything except not peeing on Dr Elliot. Anyhow I am glad it's done. Last chance. Let's see. Off to the couch for the rest of the day for me and then back to work tomorrow.

#228 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

Good luck secret and thanks for the clarification pip guess mine equaled almost 10 percent. It's hard to calculate and best bet is probably a accountant. I tried to do it on one of those free tax programs and it only gave me the federal rate went to an accountant and he told me not all solftware has the extra stuff. So you end up paying 120 for the advanced turbo tax to include the fertility credit and such.

#229 Wpg Girl

Wpg Girl
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Heartland then VFC

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'm trying to get caught up on here. Good Luck secret in the 2WW

My beta was 8. I've been in contact with the nurse all day and she said it was a chemical. I have to have another beta just to see the number back down under 5. She said mixing doxy and vitamins wouldn't cause me to be sick and she said they have had clients who get the flu after transfer and still get pregnant, so strangely I feel better... at least not guilty that I messed it up. She said it was likely something about the embryo quality.

Dawn... I love VFC. I just feel they are so kind and good at what they do (esp with more complicated cases or us 'older' women). Thanks for letting me be on here. I feel more at home here then on the VCF page. There was a group for Manitobian's on the VFC page but it's pretty quiet these days.

I'm not good with taxes or math so not much I can add to that conversation lol
Me 43. SO 40. 4 IUI's (2 with clomid) at HL - BFN. Polyps - hysterscopey/DnC
1st IVF at HL - BCP, Suprefact, 300 iu Menopur, 150 iu Bravelle. 4 eggs retrieved. 3 day transfer of 2 embryos - BFN (no frosties).
Consult with VFC. Dr.H said my TSH is too high for pregnancy. Prescribed Synthroid. Dr. H asked I go dairy/gluten free.
2nd IVF at VFC - BCP, 300 Gonel-F, 150 iu Reprnex, Centrotide. 13 eggs retrieved. 3 day transfer of 3 embryos - BFP! (3 frosties). On PIO, estrace, Medrol, ASA, Vit D and pre-natal Vit. 7 week u/s shows 1 baby! EDD Sept 2015. 10 week u/s. Baby measuring on track. 168 hb/m. Still can't believe this is real.💕 baby girl born September 2015 ❤️

#230 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Wpg girl sorry it appears to be a chemical. Which super sucks. That's awesome you l love our Heartland group best!

Mama how you feeling these days?

How's it going pip. Anymore ultrasounds or gender stuff. You give me so much hope! I hope pregnancy is everything you dreamed it would be!

We almost switched after our first cycle but made the decision to stick with Heartland. It's our last chance at this. I know that. As far as full cycles go. Fet yes. Full cycle not again

#231 bobbi13

bobbi13
  • 75 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hey ladies,
Sorry it's been awhile since I posted.
Sorry to hear Wpg Girl..
Fingers crossed S_secret.
I strongly suggest using an accountant with knowledge of fertility tax credits. My accountant is able to get a majority back for me.
Also she has also been able to argue with CRA to get a majority back for anyone going out of province!!

Mama - do what feels best but I know others who have had great success with 3 day embies!

AFM, I had quite a rough weekend. Started bleeding on a Friday when I got home from work and thought for sure I was m/c. Went to the ER, my HCG levels were 26,000, so right where they should be. Too early to see much on an ultrasound but Dr could see the pregnancy. Bleeding has stopped but I was pretty crampy Saturday so I'm still kinda worried because the prometrium could delay the symptoms of a miscarriage. We go for our ultrasound at Heartland on the 30th so I guess I'll find out for sure then. I've also been extremely nauseous the past week... some vomiting, but all day just nauseous... so I will continue to take that as a good sign. Still, such an emotional roller coaster... this whole damn process!!!
  • Dawn82 likes this

#232 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hey Bobbi! I hope it all works out a few of my gf had that and went on to have healthy pregnancies and babies. It just never ends. We are all rooting for you!

#233 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

Bobbi. How did you find your medicated fet? I'm super curious esp from the same clinic and I assume the same protocol?

#234 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Global 100+
  • 276 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Pip- thx for the tax info. So many confusing things about it. How is the pregnancy going? Symptoms?
S_secret- sending you sticky vibes
Wpggirl- sorry to hear about the CP.
Bobbi-Even when us IVFgirls get pregnant, we still can't relax it seems! I'm sure everything will be fine. Hcg is a good #

Afm- called the nurse today and she spent 20 minutes talking with me. She managed to squeeze me in for an earlier follow-up mid-June! And she got me on the list for a possible August cycle. Hopefully I can get some answers about the unfavourable ER results and make a decision about the next step.
  • Dawn82 likes this

#235 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:17 AM

Mama. That's super exciting. August will be here before you know it. I felt like June was never going to come and low and behold it's almost here!good job getting an earlier appt!

#236 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • Global 100+
  • 276 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Who knew creating a human being would be so complicated!! Lol
  • Dawn82 likes this