3 replies to this topic

#1 dmccoubs

dmccoubs
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hi everyone! Starting this post as we enter the new year. I will likely be starting my IVF journey at Heartland this year. Anyone with me? 

July 2014 - began ttc
August 2015 - got a referral to Heartland
January 2016 - our first appointment at Heartland
February 2016 - HSG appointment
April 2016 - BFP!!!!! 🎉
May 9/16 - pregnancy confirmed
May 24/16 - 1st ultrasound ...heartbeat detected but slow. M/C likely.💔
May 30/16 - 2nd ultrasound- no heartbeat 💔😭
June 16/16 - D&C
August 2016 - femara prescribed (5mg cd 3-7)
December 2016 - femara dosage increased to 7.5 mg's

#2 J-Lee

J-Lee
  • 82 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

dmccoubs - Two days ago I would have said I would be joining you for sure, we turned down cycling in the January and February/March IVF cycle groups while waiting for our Fertility Tax Credit from our 2016 cycle. We decided the April cycle would be the beginning of our next journey with Heartland, but yesterday we got the most exciting and unexpected news, our very first BFP ever!!! Although we are over the moon with excitement, I am still cautiously awaiting a beta this week and hoping this is the little miracle we have been waiting for.

Even though our 2016 cycle was unsuccessful, I can't say enough good things about the doctors and nurses at Heartland. They were helpful and always willing to answer a zillion questions (even when it was the 10th time I was asking them). If I could give you one piece of advise, it would be to keep networking within these forums they provide so much support and information from other ladies who really understand what you are going through. I found the Heartland boards are usually fairly quiet, but once you know when you are cycling joining your Cycle Buddy group is a must.

I wish you all the best! icon_stickyvibespink.gif

Me: 32, DH: 35TTC since September 2014

IVF #1 w/ ICSI (long protocol) - June 2016: BFN

06/01 (ER) - 8 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 embryos (day 3)

06/06 (ET) - 2 blasts (4BB (day 5) transferred, 5BC (day 6) frozen)

FET (medicated) - September 2016: BFN

09/02 (ET) - 5BC blast transferred

IVF #2 - Scheduled Beginning of 2017: cancelled because...

01/07 - Surprise BFP!!!

01/09 (beta) - 314!! (4w2d)

01/27 (U/S) - crsd.gif (6w6d)

#3 Pip

Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

We are cycling right now. I started the stims dec 30th. My last ultrasound showed about 8 follicles ranging in size from 6mm to 11mm. That was last Thursday. I had to double my Gonal f prescription and I go back tomorrow for another ultrasound to see how the follicles are growing. Have you started your meds yet?

#4 bobbi13

bobbi13
  • 54 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm cycling is February. I had a successful fresh transfer in 2014 and have a 2 year old son. We've had three failed frozen transfers with my remaining embryos since then. Now we're starting another fresh cycle. Hoping maybe my body needs the fresh cycle to work for some reason?? We are "unexplained" , which is always a frustrating term because there's nothing specific they can focus on for our treatment. Im nervous for the shots (hated them the first time)... but it's a means to an end.