6 replies to this topic

#1 patenash

patenash
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hi, 

I have experienced 6 unexplained M/C most recently 1 week ago. 

1st Sept 2014 - HB detected ended 6.4

2nd Feb 2016 - ended 5 weeks 

3rd- Sept 2015 HB 166 8.3 weeks, m/c 2 weeks later preg ended at 8.5 (most healthly looking preg ever)

4th Feb 2016 HB detected ended 7 weeks

March 2016 Septum Surgery removed 9mm septum my apparent possible problem. 

Sept 2016 m/c 7 weeks HB detected- hemmorage beside the sac/embro, kept growing 6,7,8 week

Dec 2016 HB at 8 weeks, this time hemmorage inside the sac?

I was supposed to start IVF and have PGS testing prior, but miracle got pregnant to fast and thought this was it for my unexplained M/C

after 6 now i am hesitant that IVF it going to work. that do i really have that much bad luck to have 6 M/C and its chromosome issues with embroys maybe..... 

I was looking into Thrombophilia and blood tests but halted at my 800$ quote for the small list

Antiphosphotidylserine PAI-1 levels and activity

Prothrombin II mutation

Protein C activity

Protein S activity

Factor V Leiden 

looking for direction if this would be worth paying and testing at this point or trust in the IVF with PGS testing.

Please help any advise welcome

#2 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2,556 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

Hi Patenash,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. If you are in Ontario and covered by OHIP ask your doctor to do the multiple miscarriage screening tests. There are lots of them. They take several weeks to get results but in many cases can help uncover why multiple losses are happening. Depending on the reason it could impact your doctor's treatment plan for you. Even if it is unexplained they could still adjust the treatment plan. My doctor added intralipids and neupogen due to unexplained losses.

Thinking of you and hoping you get the answers that you need to move forward.

:flowers:

I am 37, DH - 38
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

#3 patenash

patenash
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Thank you very much, yes in ontario and covered by OHIP, this panel apparently isnt covered? but will ask about multiple miscarriage screening tests. 

Thank you for the kind thoughts :) 

#4 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Im sorry to hear about your miscarriages, I too suffered from recurrent pregnancy loss and had four. Three in a row, and then one after two years. I did the RPL panel tests and unfortunately not all are covered under OHIP regardless of who orders the tests and they are quite expensive. However, very worth it if they provide answers. Unfortunately for me, all tests came back normal and a reason for my miscarriages was never found. Sometimes no answers are found and often miscarriages cannot be explained. I had tested embryos and I still miscarried and these embryos were from various donors. If you have not had the RPL panel done, I would recommend you do just to rule out problems, if in fact there are some. I too had surgery to repair a septum and my last MC was October of last year so I am my RE has no answers. I have tried intralipids, neupogen and prednisone but still five years later I am struggling. I'm sorry I have no real answers for you but hope you find a cause.

#5 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

If you are considering doing IVF, it makes sense to do the standard recurrent pregnancy loss investigations before doing that to try to make the most of that cycle.

Thrombophilia testing is a routine part of the standard testing, along with genetic testing of you and your partner as well as screening for any uterine issues (such as a uterine septum as you had)

Speak to your RE if you are reluctant to do the testing. Best to get their opinion to decide if it is the right testing for you.

Best of luck and happy holidays!

• mouse likes this

#6 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 451 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

If you're considering IVF, you need as much info as possible. Inherited clotting tendencies are usually *very* treatable. With that many pregnancy losses, moving forward without knowing would be suboptimal.

I'm 39 with endo

IVF #1: March 2016: Long protocol: Suprefact (200)/Menopur (225)

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

BFP:  day 14 beta = 93, day 18 beta 557 (37h doubling time)

Ultrasound July 21 = single, live intrauterine pregnancy

.... so hopeful it sticks!

#7 patenash

patenash
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

Thank you everyone, i reached out to my clinic, my reply from clinic was this isn't part of their routine testing.  I reached out to my FD and got the consult note from my last DnC doctor who in the consult i read recommended i have a few things tested, but thinks its might be already done by first RE :(, i asked my Family Doctor to order thankfully before my second opinion next week. 

So far Protein C and Protein S have come back "normal"

waiting on Factor Leiden V and antithrombin III to come back.