• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heathermac

Heathermac
  • 33 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hi just wondering if you can explain why there's delays with CMV positive for igM but not igG yet results? From what I was told from my clinic the risk of anything happening is less than 1% and you wouldn't know you were positive if you were trying naturally so why wait now? Thanks

#2 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 449 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

IgG means you had it at some point in the past.

IgM means you are recently or actively infected. Could be shedding virus or infectious. Primary (new infection) versus reactivation differ in severity and pregnanvy related issues.

You're right that "traditionally" pregnant people would be unlikely to know their status at the time of conception. But since it can cause congenital issues/harm a fetus, I can't imagine that any clinic would want to proceed with embryo transfer if they know you could potentially be acutely infected.

I'm 39 with endo

IVF #1: March 2016: Long protocol: Suprefact (200)/Menopur (225)

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

BFP:  day 14 beta = 93, day 18 beta 557 (37h doubling time)

Ultrasound July 21 = single, live intrauterine pregnancy

.... so hopeful it sticks!