3 replies to this topic

#1 babylove24

babylove24
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hello All, 

New to the board.  Thought I'd see if anyone has experience with embryo adoption.  We have profiles on National Registry for Adoption and Miracles Waiting.  No news yet.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on finding adoptable embryos?  Or success stories.  What works and what doesn't.  Any information would be great.  Thanks.  

• nervus optimist and CdnHockeyGal like this

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

Hello Babylove24,

Welcome to the community. I have no information on the process of embryo adoption, but wanted to wish you well as you build your family.

What clinic are you at? Has your doctor, or clinic nurse given you any guidance? What has your experience been so far?

All the best to you on your journey.

• nervus optimist and CdnHockeyGal like this

#3 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2677 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

You can also ask about getting on your clinic's embryo donation waiting list. Usually embryos donated through a clinic are completely private/closed as per clinic policy. It is unfortunate that they don't facilitate an option for any amount of openness, but for the time being that is what it is at most clinic that I've heard about. You can also reach out to some fertility lawyers as they sometimes facilitate embryo donations and embryo adoptions. On rare occasions there are postings on this site for individuals or couples who have completed their family and have embryos they wish to donate, but I don't know of any matches ever made on the site. It's not to say that they don't exist, I just don't know of any. You can post on the site that you are hoping to build your family this way in the donor and surrogacy section and someone could reach out to you if they wanted to learn more.

We did receive the gift of donor embryos through our clinic, so we know very little about the donors, and as far as I know, they know nothing about us. We have a 3 year old son as a result of that process, and with any luck, perhaps one day, he will have a sibling, but it's hard to say.... 

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions about our experiences.

:flowers:

• gibasgirl and CdnHockeyGal like this

I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

===> Beautiful baby girl born 2017 babygirl.gif

#4 DreamingSince06

DreamingSince06
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:IVF Canada Toronto

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

Hi baby love,
Im new here too looking for the same info. Seriously considering donor frozen embryos in the future and have started my research here. How much does a donor FET typically cost?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Embyro, Adoption, New, Journey, Help, Girl, Boy