#1 hopeful3695

hopeful3695
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:IVF Michigan

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

Hello,
Ive been ttc for 6 years and I started acupuncture a month ago, ive had 5 sessions. My fertility issue is low amh 1.12 and my follicles are not growing and I'm not ovulating. I did a round of femara in October which helped my follicles grow a bit but no where near they should be. The largest follicle I had was 10mm. My re suggested I lose some weight and come back. Since then i started acupuncture, no herbs. My periods are always pretty light and about 4 days. I thought I had a 26-30 day cycle but I've been plugging in my period start days in an app for 5 months and it says I have a 55 day cycle. I just plugged in my new period start date from yesterday and it says I have a 46 day cycle. I'm kind of wondering if I've counted my cycle completely wrong all this time. I started my last period 19 days ago, then yesterday on cycle 18 I started spotting brown and today it's a full period, which is 2 weeks early. My question is can acupuncture be the reason my cycle has started again so early? Can the acupuncture be helping? Any thoughts would be helpful! Thank you!

#2 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 334 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Acubalance

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hi Just Hatched

The acupuncture' role is to help optimize your fertility through following mechanisms

1. Regulates hormones to the benefit of regulating menstrual cycles, ovulation, follicular development
  2. Increases blood flow to the reproductive organs (ovaries, testes and uterine lining)
  3. Uterine receptivity and implantation
  4. Calms the stress response (chronically elevated stress hormones negatively impact fertility) and releases feel good hormones (you deserve to feel happy)
  5. Improves sperm quality and quantity

Here is a page with more details including a short video on acupuncture's role

1. http://acubalance.ca...roves-fertility
  2. Egg quality - http://acubalance.ca...ent/egg-quality

Acupuncture is dose dependent. In China people come 4-7 times a week for a series of appointments.  Poor egg quality, advanced maternal age/ DOR and ovulatory disorders usually require 2-4 times per week.  We would not take femora once a week and expect it to help you ovulate.

If you are going once a week then I suggest you also have your practitioner prescribe Chinese herbs and you follow a fertility diet and mind body techniques.

Not everyone who tries acupuncture benefits.  But that is the case with any healing modality or medicine... not everyone is cured, healed or responds.  But in general it can be helpful and ideally minimum 2/week for est results.

Lorne

Lorne Brown B.Sc.,CA, Dr.TCM, FABORM, CHt
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Clinical Hypnotherapist
Founder and Clinical Director Acubalance Wellness Centre (British Columbia)
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600