• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Supergal

Supergal
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Astra

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hi everyone, After multiple early chemical pregnancies I am restarting TTC. I do have Fibromyalgia and hysteroscopy showed red and inflammed uterus. I did 10 days of antibiotics and dexamethasone and stated letrozole. RE has suggested intralipids if I get a BFP. I was shocked to hear it was $750 each time and I would need multiple infusions. Anyone used intralipids and did it help you with implantation and keeping a pregnancy?

#2 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • Global 100+
  • 883 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Aurora --> VFC

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

Intralipids themselves cost "nothing" - it's literally just fat in a bag (about 200 calories worth), normally used in hospitals for IV feeding of patients who can't take food by mouth.  Whatever the cost is being quoted to you, it's what they are charging you for hooking up the IV for 60 min.  Most clinics seem to charge about $200 -- $750 seems ridiculous.  If you can find either another Dr or hospital to do it, it will be free.  I've had it done at hospital twice at no cost, given the intralipid bag for free from my clinic and had my ObGyn at home arrange to have it done at hospital.

• Supergal likes this

Me: 40 41 42 43, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeds 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

#3 Supergal

Supergal
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Astra

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:25 PM

Thanks SunshineTTC. I am going to email my nurse to see why it is so high as doing it for one cycles seems out of reach. I don't even want to think about multiple cycles.