January 2017 FET

339 replies to this topic

#26 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

Skroeze- Welcome to the group, there are only a few of us here so far. I had mild OHSS after my fresh transfer on Oct 4th and it was horrible. Will this be your first IVF cycle?

#27 eastvangirl

eastvangirl
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:43 PM

Hi, also hoping to join your group. This is my first IVF cycle too. My estrogen was too high for a fresh transfer this time (risk of OHSS and risk of embryo not implanting with such high estrogen levels). I just did an egg retrieval today for a freeze all. When I get my period with Progesterone in the next 10 days I will call the nurses to discuss when I can do my FET - I was hoping to do it in Dec but since they are closed for xmas break it will likely be in Jan (I hope!). 

#28 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

Hi eastvangirl- I suffered OHSS after retrieval and went ahead with a 5 day transfer because they said my levels had dropped enough but it makes me question wether that was the reason for the negative outcome. I hope you get your December transfer 😀

#29 Skroeze

Skroeze
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Center

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

snootypup yes this was my first IVF round. but I got 46 eggs and 32 fertilized. I hear today how many made it to blast for freezing. 

5/2012- Started Trying
6/2012- Diagnosed with cervical displaysia. TTC on hold after treatment
2/2013- Started TTC again
2/2014- No luck. MD refers to OB/GYN
6/2014- OB/GYN starts Clomid
8/2015- 10 rounds of clomid failed. OB/GYN refers to RE
11/2015- Meet with RE. Start IUI
12/2015- IUI epic failure. Hubby couldn't produce..... on to IVF with frozen sample
3/2016- Meet with OFC. Get on funded IVF cycle waitlist
8/2016- Name up on waitlist. make first appointment for
9/201610/2016- BCP month..... things are starting
11/2016- IVF round 1 stimms start!
11/2016- overstimmed going for freeze all
02/2017- First FET cycle. transfer 02/24/2017 BFP  03/02/2017!
03/14/17 miscarriage

#30 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Crafting, Cooking, My Fur Babies
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hi There. I am hoping to transfer in mid Jan. I received my ERA test results so now I am just waiting to call in my day 1. This is our last transfer for this IVF cycle. Hopefully this is the one. Fingers crossed...

Me ( 31 ) DH ( 31 ) : Male Factor.

FET #1. Transferred 2 Day 3 Sept 9, 2015.

Sept.20, 2015 - Negative.

FET #2. Started Superfact Jan.4,2016. Added Estrace Jan.13, 2016. U/S Jan.25, 2016 to check lining. Jan. 28, 2016 Transferred 2 3 day. Feb. 7, 2016 BETA #1 Positive - 132. Feb. 11,2016 BETA # 2 - 243

March 4, 2016 - U/S for heartbeat. Sac found no heartbeat. 

March 26, 2016 - Missed miscarriage @10wks. Baby stopped developing @5wks.

July 8/16 - SIS. Found a polyp on uterus. Surgery booked Aug 10/16.

Oct 27/16 : ERA biopsy taken, Just waiting for results....

Nov 18/16 : Results are in, I am receptive on my transfer date

FET #3. Started Suprefact Dec.26,2016. Added Estrace Jan 7th. U/S Jan 20th for lining check. Added 2 estrace twice a day to grow lining. U/S Jan 22nd, lining is good. Transferred last 2 Jan 26th. 1st Beta Feb 6th - 70. 2nd Beta Feb 8th - 79. 3rd Beta Feb 12th - 429 or 492 (Can't remember which)

#31 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

Skroeze- Holy crap that's a crazy amount of eggs, you must have been so uncomfortable before retrieval.....I know I was with only 28 retrieved! Good luck for a decent number making it to blast....keep us updated 😊

OneBigSigh- Welcome 😊 and I have everything crossed for you. How many transfers have you previously done?

#32 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

Snootypup - thank you for the welcome We have done two, two embryos transferred each time. The first was a negative and the second I miscarried at 10 weeks, but had stopped developing at 5 weeks. This whole process has been such a rollercoaster. But I am excited to get started again. How about yourself?

FET #2. Started Superfact Jan.4,2016. Added Estrace Jan.13, 2016. U/S Jan.25, 2016 to check lining. Jan. 28, 2016 Transferred 2 3 day. Feb. 7, 2016 BETA #1 Positive - 132. Feb. 11,2016 BETA # 2 - 243

FET #3. Started Suprefact Dec.26,2016. Added Estrace Jan 7th. U/S Jan 20th for lining check. Added 2 estrace twice a day to grow lining. U/S Jan 22nd, lining is good. Transferred last 2 Jan 26th. 1st Beta Feb 6th - 70. 2nd Beta Feb 8th - 79. 3rd Beta Feb 12th - 429 or 492 (Can't remember which)

#33 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

OneBigSigh- I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and loss. It really is the worst rollercoaster. I had my first IVF cycle in October....28 eggs retrieved and ICSI fertilised, 7 made it to day 5 with one put back October 24th but failed so we are looking to do a frozen transfer with my January cycle. I'm hoping it's not a heavily medicated cycle as i'm regular and do ovulate myself. I think I will also ask if assisted hatching is worth a go....anything to help that little emby right!

#34 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

Snootypup - It for sure the worst rollercoaster. We are doing this last transfer a little more quietly, so we aren't telling many people in our life the details. It was hard to tell them that we lost the baby last time. My family is awesome and will back off when I need them to. But we both work for my DH's parents, so that is getting a little tricky. The stress they put us under is incredible and they don't see what they are doing to us. So I am thinking the support from other people going through this process will help level it all out. thumbup.gif

Also, we did assisted hatching with our last 4 embryos and will do the same with our last two. Fingers crossed for all of us here.

#35 gfrench

gfrench
  • 96 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary RFP

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

Hi Ladies.
I am hopeful to join you and have a FET transfer in January (possibly February). Sadly my fresh IVF cycle in October wasn't successful, but we have 4 frosties so I'm still hopeful. Was able to meet with my RE yesterday and met with the psychologist today to work on putting the last cycle behind me. Time to focus on next steps. AF started today (cramps are awful!) I've called it in and expect to be back on bcp starting Monday to get ready.

Me- 36, DH- 35

Dx: Male Factor, Possible PCOS

IVF #1 October 2016

22 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized (ICSI)

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - BFN

Four Frozen Blasts (1 day 5, 3 day 6)

FET#1 February 2017

Transferred 1 day 5 Blast - BFN cry.gif

#36 Wishful09

Wishful09
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi Ladies.
I am hopeful to join you and have a FET transfer in January (possibly February). Sadly my fresh IVF cycle in October wasn't successful, but we have 4 frosties so I'm still hopeful. Was able to meet with my RE yesterday and met with the psychologist today to work on putting the last cycle behind me. Time to focus on next steps. AF started today (cramps are awful!) I've called it in and expect to be back on bcp starting Monday to get ready.

Hi Gfrench! Looks like we'll be doing this together again. Hopefully we both have a positive outcome this time!

I'm curious to know how you got in so fast for a follow-up? Mine isn't until mid January which by then I'm hoping to be transferring. What Dr do you see? I see Dr. Foong. I spoke to the nurse last week and she was going to see if we could cancel the follow up and have Dr. Foong write the order so that when I call in with my next AF we can get going. I just finished AF from the failed IVF cycle and yes, it was extremely painful day 1 and 2. It seemed to be better the last few days. It also lasted longer than a normal period.

Hoping the holidays and an upcoming trip to Hawaii can take my mind off of all this to help speed the time. 

We only have 2 frozen so I'm hopeful one of them will survive the thaw with the first try. Would be nice to have another one frozen. 

Does anyone know if assisted hatching can be done once the embryo's reach day 5?

Me -31 DH -39
Tubal Issues

IVF #1 July'08 -th_abfp.gif - Transferred 2, 8 celled embryo's
Aug.22'08 -Ectopic surgery (right side)
Aug 28'08 -Back on list for FET
Jan14'09 - Got the call (AF#5)

FET#1

March 2'09 - Transfer 2, 8 celled embies (day 3) th_abfn.gif
On wait list - March 16th'09
Mar 19'09 - AF#1
Got the Call! - March 24

FET#2
Transfer - May 1, 2009 - Transferred 3 embies
one 12 cell, one 11 cell, one 10 cell
th_abfp.gif HPT on Mother's Day!!
Beta May 14 - 112
ECTOPIC again (left)- Tubal Ligation
May 29th - Back on waitlist for FRESH cycle
AF# 1 - July 7
AF# 2 - Aug 13

IVF#2
Got the call - Aug 19, 2009
Suprefact- Sept2
Baseline - Sept16
AF & Injections started- Sept 18
ER- Oct 1
ET - Oct 4, 2009
th_abfp.gif!!!! BLESSED WITH TWINS!!!!
Beta 11dp3dt - 346
Beta 13dp3dt - 780
Beta 15dp3dt- 2040
Beta 18dp3dt - 6503
Beta 25dp3dt - 32,998 smile.png
Emergency u/s at 5w2d showed TWO sacs!!
Ultrasound on November 2 - Showed TWO HB's!
Baby A = 6w4d and Baby B = 6w3d Both right on track smile.png
Ultrasound November 18 (8w6d) - Baby A- measures 9w0d 176bpm Baby B - Measures 9w2d 159bpm
Keeping the sexes a surprise - had a couple chances to know, but we'll wait! Can't wait for their arrival smile.png
My little munchkins arrived very early at 32w4d - May 2, 2010
Baby A- Boy 4lbs13oz
Baby B - Girl 4lbs1oz
both spent 31 days in NICU. Very healthy little troopers! smile.png

IVF# 3 - Let's try this again! Eeek!

Oct 21 2016 - Started stims

Oct 31 ER - 19 eggs, 15 mature and fertilized normally

Nov 5 ET - 1 good blast, 2 blasts frozen on day 6 the rest never made it to freeze

th_abfn.gif 

FET Jan/Feb 2017

#37 gfrench

gfrench
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hi Wishful! I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry you also got a negative result.

I was just persistent with the clinic. I see dr. Foong as well and was initially pre-booked in for Dec 20th. When I called to book the psychologist appointment I asked about getting in earlier and there was a cancellation so I jumped on it. I actually called before my beta result was officially negative but figured I could cancel if there was a miracle.

I asked about assisted hatching and what she said to me was the one they transfered before was already hatching so it wasn't needed, but that more often than not with frozen it is done because the freeze/thaw can make the "shell" harder.

Hawaii will be so good. Definitely take the time to relax and prepare for the FET. I'm jealous :-)

Me- 36, DH- 35

IVF #1 October 2016

FET#1 February 2017

#38 Wishful09

Wishful09
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

Hi Wishful! I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry you also got a negative result.

I was just persistent with the clinic. I see dr. Foong as well and was initially pre-booked in for Dec 20th. When I called to book the psychologist appointment I asked about getting in earlier and there was a cancellation so I jumped on it. I actually called before my beta result was officially negative but figured I could cancel if there was a miracle.

I asked about assisted hatching and what she said to me was the one they transfered before was already hatching so it wasn't needed, but that more often than not with frozen it is done because the freeze/thaw can make the "shell" harder.

Hawaii will be so good. Definitely take the time to relax and prepare for the FET. I'm jealous :-)

I've been thinking of you as well. I was hoping I'd hear good news from you since the last post you had. Sorry it wasn't good news. 

I'll try calling the clinic again. I was able to get in for Dec 20th but we're just getting back from Hawaii that day. 

Did you get much out of the appt? I'm wondering if I'm just better off to cancel the appt and have her write up the order without us meeting. I'm not sure I'll have my question as to "why" it didn't work answered anyway.

Will you try to transfer two with your FET or just the one? 

I already have a set of twins so I would be terrified of getting pregnant with twins again. My pregnancy was so high risk that I can't risk it. We will be transferring one each time.

Is there any way anyone is preparing for FET? I know acupuncture and the rest of the preps are good doing a stim cycle, but is there anything or way to prep with a FET?

Me -31 DH -39
Tubal Issues

IVF #1 July'08 -th_abfp.gif - Transferred 2, 8 celled embryo's
Aug.22'08 -Ectopic surgery (right side)
Aug 28'08 -Back on list for FET
Jan14'09 - Got the call (AF#5)

FET#1

March 2'09 - Transfer 2, 8 celled embies (day 3) th_abfn.gif
On wait list - March 16th'09
Mar 19'09 - AF#1
Got the Call! - March 24

FET#2
Transfer - May 1, 2009 - Transferred 3 embies
one 12 cell, one 11 cell, one 10 cell
th_abfp.gif HPT on Mother's Day!!
Beta May 14 - 112
ECTOPIC again (left)- Tubal Ligation
May 29th - Back on waitlist for FRESH cycle
AF# 1 - July 7
AF# 2 - Aug 13

IVF#2
Got the call - Aug 19, 2009
Suprefact- Sept2
Baseline - Sept16
AF & Injections started- Sept 18
ER- Oct 1
ET - Oct 4, 2009
th_abfp.gif!!!! BLESSED WITH TWINS!!!!
Beta 11dp3dt - 346
Beta 13dp3dt - 780
Beta 15dp3dt- 2040
Beta 18dp3dt - 6503
Beta 25dp3dt - 32,998 smile.png
Emergency u/s at 5w2d showed TWO sacs!!
Ultrasound on November 2 - Showed TWO HB's!
Baby A = 6w4d and Baby B = 6w3d Both right on track smile.png
Ultrasound November 18 (8w6d) - Baby A- measures 9w0d 176bpm Baby B - Measures 9w2d 159bpm
Keeping the sexes a surprise - had a couple chances to know, but we'll wait! Can't wait for their arrival smile.png
My little munchkins arrived very early at 32w4d - May 2, 2010
Baby A- Boy 4lbs13oz
Baby B - Girl 4lbs1oz
both spent 31 days in NICU. Very healthy little troopers! smile.png

IVF# 3 - Let's try this again! Eeek!

Oct 21 2016 - Started stims

Oct 31 ER - 19 eggs, 15 mature and fertilized normally

Nov 5 ET - 1 good blast, 2 blasts frozen on day 6 the rest never made it to freeze

th_abfn.gif 

FET Jan/Feb 2017

#39 gfrench

gfrench
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

I've been thinking of you as well. I was hoping I'd hear good news from you since the last post you had. Sorry it wasn't good news. 

I'll try calling the clinic again. I was able to get in for Dec 20th but we're just getting back from Hawaii that day. 

Did you get much out of the appt? I'm wondering if I'm just better off to cancel the appt and have her write up the order without us meeting. I'm not sure I'll have my question as to "why" it didn't work answered anyway.
Will you try to transfer two with your FET or just the one? 
I already have a set of twins so I would be terrified of getting pregnant with twins again. My pregnancy was so high risk that I can't risk it. We will be transferring one each time.

Is there any way anyone is preparing for FET? I know acupuncture and the rest of the preps are good doing a stim cycle, but is there anything or way to prep with a FET?
I think if nothing else the appointment was good for closure on the fresh cycle. My husband needed it too. I did go in with 40+ questions, but in the end just let the conversation flow. No, there are no answers. My big question for her was if we should do another fresh cycle now while eggs are still looking good. But she strongly suggested FET. We did meet for over an hour and she was very patient with all my questions. I do wish there were answers though. My type A personality did very well during stims when I had more control, but I was a wreck following ER when everything was out of my hands.
First time we are just going to transfer 1(the day 5 blast), if it fails we will transfer 2 (day 6 blasts) given that they survive thaw. I would like 2 + childre so planning more than 1 FET cycle regardless.
Great question about ideas for preparing. I believe in acupuncture and will definitely continue. I may need to wait until Jan 1 when my benefits reload. I've also been doing a lot of reading about yoga stretches and an interesting post about castor oil packs (not for during the FET, but now to prepare). I'd love to hear other ideas too.

Me- 36, DH- 35

IVF #1 October 2016

FET#1 February 2017

#40 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

Wishful & gfrench- Obviously the circumstances are not ideal but it's nice to be cycling with people at the same clinic 😊 I was initially desperate to get back in after my failed cycle at theend of Oct and was upset that I couldn't even see the Dr until Dec 12th but my hormones have mostly returned to a normal level now and i'' just like whatever....I honestly even feel a little intimidated at the thought of trying again because i'm starting to resent the failure.

OneBigSigh- I like you will only be telling a couple of people this time, my Mum who is kindly funding the FET and who lives in the UK so feels the distance between us and my boss who needs to know so I can have time off for transfer etc. I couldn't imagine working for my parents in law.....me and my MIL have quite a strained relationship at times so it would be impossible!

#41 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

Snootypup - It's very interesting working for the in-laws. My husband and I thought it wouldn't be for long, but then we we weren't getting pregnant, so it kind of went longer then is healthy that's for sure. My whole family said I need a new job cause of the stress but that won't happen until we can get this fertility stuff figured out. That's so nice of your mom to help you out. I hope this works out for you.

I'm not doing anything really to prepare for this transfer, but to be fair I don't drink, smoke and I already eat a balanced diet. And we are renovating, so that is my only exercise at the moment. The only thing I would love to work on before the transfer is lowering my stress. 

#42 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

What type of business do work in? I have an office job but at times it's super stressful and I work for 5 guys so a very male dominated environment which makes 'womens problems' hard to explain lol

Like you I already follow a balanced diet and don't drink or smoke so very little else I can cut out. I'm signing up for a one month boot camp for December just to try and shift 6lb to bring me to my 150lb goal before we start again

#43 mbain01

mbain01
  • 85 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility and Endocrine Clinic

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

Hi ladies!
Glad i found you. Just got the word that will start Suprefact for my second FET with my last embaby. We already had one successful IVF cycle freeze all cycle and an FET with 2 embabies which has resulted in my precious princess Gracie. I think I'm more nervous this time as we only have 1 left .... 

With my timeline I was given my transfer should fall within the first few days of the New Year. Way to start it off hey? haha

Age 31

TTC on and off for 4.5 years

Infertility due to Male factor

IVF #1 - May 2014

May 17 - Retrieval, 22 eggs. Can't move to fresh transfer as E2 is way too high.

May 18 - Embryologist called. Of the 22 eggs, 15 mature, 11 fertilized

May 19 - 10 embryos are strong, clinic says they will freeze most on day 5.

May 21 - Day 5, Ebryologist called, 'most of 10 embryos' turns out to be 3

May 23 - Post retrieval bleed

June 2014

June 14 - still waiting for AF

June 17 - still waiting for AF ... debating of getting oil of oregano

June 23 - bought Oil of O, taking twice daily ... nothing.

June 27 - went for bloodwork to check levels and to find missing cycle.

June 28 - nurses office called, said should have AF within the week, if not call back.

June 30 - AF arrived!!! Called IVF clinic to inform

July 2014

July 2 - IVF called to explain what process is, mailing info and schedule package.

July 20 - Started Superfact Spray. One spray each now @ 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm. Also started with baby aspirin.

July 30 - AF arrived!!! Called IVF to inform.

August 2014

Aug 01 - Start Estrace (1mg daily @ 8am, 8pm), start daily antibiotic

Aug 05 - Up Estrace (2mg daily @ 8am, 8pm)

Aug 10 - Up Estrace (3mg daily @ 8am, 8pm)

Aug 13 - Ultrasound booked (fingers crossed for thick enough lining! Possible Progesterone Prep.

Aug 18 - FET day!!!

Aug 27 - First BETA, positive!! Level at 77

Aug 29 - Birthday!! Second BETA, positive!! Level at 255. Ultrasound booked for September 18 @ 1045

May 2015

May 01 - Meet Baby Gracie @ 10:09am(8lbs 10oz, 18inches)

April 2016

Apr 21 - Follow up with Dr.Motan for FET Transfer #2

November 2016

Nov 12 - Cycle day #1, Called clinic 

Nov 15 - Clinic calls, start Esterase Dec2 

Nov 23 - Received funding for FET cycle and ordered meds from pharmacy

#44 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

I also work in an office. I wear a few hats at once so it can be very stressful at times. I find the men easier to handle than the women most of the time. Only cause I will make them uncomfortable if they push me too much. Period talk usually works lol.

#45 Sofia

Sofia
  • Global 100+
  • 128 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Create Fertility

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

Moving over here from December group. I had hope to transfer next week but lining was 14 mm but not triple stripe. So will stop estrace, induce a period and try again. This is my fourth FET and usually my lining is perfect. Uughhh.
So fourth time is the charm I hope.
FET this summer chemical pregnancy
FET hopefully Dec 2015 negative
FET January 9th..one perfect blast
Primary Ovarian Failure

#46 Skroeze

Skroeze
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Center

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

I have 6 frozen embabies. 6 perfect little 5 day blasts according to my specialist. I have an appointment Dec 16th to start fet procedures. Yesterday was cd1.
5/2012- Started Trying
6/2012- Diagnosed with cervical displaysia. TTC on hold after treatment
2/2013- Started TTC again
2/2014- No luck. MD refers to OB/GYN
6/2014- OB/GYN starts Clomid
8/2015- 10 rounds of clomid failed. OB/GYN refers to RE
11/2015- Meet with RE. Start IUI
12/2015- IUI epic failure. Hubby couldn't produce..... on to IVF with frozen sample
3/2016- Meet with OFC. Get on funded IVF cycle waitlist
8/2016- Name up on waitlist. make first appointment for
9/201610/2016- BCP month..... things are starting
11/2016- IVF round 1 stimms start!
11/2016- overstimmed going for freeze all
02/2017- First FET cycle. transfer 02/24/2017 BFP  03/02/2017!
03/14/17 miscarriage

#47 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

Sofia- Welcome and I hope 4th time is the charm like you said.

Skroeze- I have 6 frozen day 5 blasts too. You are so close to starting again, my appointment isn't until Dec 12th with a view to transfer middle of Jan if my cycles are back to regular

#48 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

Finally got to call in my day 1. I start suprefact on Dec 26th. So excited to have a start date for this process. Hopefully this transfer works.

#49 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:23 PM

OneBigSigh- Very exciting 😊 Hopefully I won't be far behind you.

#50 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

Thank you snootypup. I was starting to get annoyed because AF was 10 days late.