• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#326 jejevans

jejevans
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Columbia

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Terri: I assume I am in the same boat as many of you... the BFNs and the chem pregnancies hit you like a rock, and you feel like there is no where to go. Months feel like years. I was so, so sad and unfortunately took it out on my partner, which is an awful route to take. Placing your anger is difficult because there is no one to feel mad AT. It certainly has taken a toll. 

But after many years, here we are. We pushed through and I learned, with help and support of friends, that there is only so much within our control, even if it doesn't feel "fair" that everyday on FB you see someone else announcing their "over-the-moon-ness" and how happy and perfect their lives are. TBH, I quit Facebook because I couldn't bear it, as childish as that may sound. I couldn't take it. Removing myself from the constant comparison of my life to her life, or his life, etc. actually really helped. I needed to stop the comparisons. If our journey was going to end with the BFNs, then I was just going to have to be deliriously happy that I still had a partner that loved me and I loved him, and our lives were going to continue the way they were before: happy that we had each other.

We didn't know our carrier before reaching out to an agency for the matching process. However, it feels like we are old friends. She is WONDERFUL. No drama. Carriers are people who literally risk their lives for you, and how can you ever repay that? We can't, but we can be supportive and grateful all the way.

This brings us to yesterday, 14dp5dt. And here is where I would appreciate some advice: our numbers, which the doc says look fine.

10dp5dt: 697

12dp5dt: 1311

14dp5dt: 2510

They're not quite doubling, but the tests were done almost exactly 48 hours apart. I know the window is 48-72, but I assume like all of you, I would love it if I didn't have to stress over every single number and test, right? 

• Dreams2Miracles likes this

#327 2Brides

2Brides
  • Cyclebase
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, eating, hiking/nature trails, BABIES!
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:ART- Birmingham, AL

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Jejevans- I'm so excited for your BFP! That's incredible that you love your carrier so much! And I think your numbers are really great, try to enjoy these first few weeks of positive news and don't let worry hold you down, worry accomplishes nothing but steals joy. 😘
  • jejevans likes this

2012: My Pregnancy/ IVF/ (DW was the Egg Donor)

Henry Clyde arrives April 25, 2013! 💙

2014: DW's turn at Pregnancy/Unmedicated FET/( I was the Egg Donor)

Mae Alana arrives August 31, 2015 💗

2017: Try for baby #3 (My turn again...)

January FET (Natural): BFN

February FET (Medicated): BFP!

Feb 24- 8dp5dt Beta: 171, 2nd beta at 15dp5dt: 4730
April 13: Bloodwork reveal we are having a baby GIRL!💗

See my About Me for more details of our journey.

#328 jejevans

jejevans
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

You are so right, 2Brides. Actually, our carrier said that to us as well. You don't want to look back and see all the times you could have been so happy but instead worried some more. Lol. :)

#329 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

idream: but i only put one embryo last time and it didn't stick, that's why this time i want to put 2 just in case one don't take, i still have another chance right ? So what do you mean by success long term? I'm confusing!!!

If you put two in and one isn't doing well the body focuses on the one the isn't doing well and then the one that was doing well starts failing as well.

Plus if you put 2 in then you  1 chance where you could lose two embryos, if you but them in separately then you have 2 chances.

If really is best to just put 1 back in each time.

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#330 OneBigSigh

OneBigSigh
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Crafting, Cooking, My Fur Babies
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility Clinic

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

Just received my 3rd Beta results. 429. I was in a little Beta hell for a few days. My numbers were 70 and then 79. Now I can breathe a little easier. yahoo.gif

Cautiously optimistic until my ultrasound on March 1st.... 

• 2Brides likes this

Me ( 31 ) DH ( 32 ) : Male Factor.

FET #1. Transferred 2 Day 3 Sept 9, 2015.

Sept.20, 2015 - Negative.

FET #2. Started Superfact Jan.4,2016. Added Estrace Jan.13, 2016. U/S Jan.25, 2016 to check lining. Jan. 28, 2016 Transferred 2 3 day. Feb. 7, 2016 BETA #1 Positive - 132. Feb. 11,2016 BETA # 2 - 243

March 4, 2016 - U/S for heartbeat. Sac found no heartbeat. 

March 26, 2016 - Missed miscarriage @10wks. Baby stopped developing @5wks.

July 8/16 - SIS. Found a polyp on uterus. Surgery booked Aug 10/16.

Oct 27/16 : ERA biopsy taken, Just waiting for results....

Nov 18/16 : Results are in, I am receptive on my transfer date

FET #3. Started Suprefact Dec.26,2016. Added Estrace Jan 7th. U/S Jan 20th for lining check. Added 2 estrace twice a day to grow lining. U/S Jan 22nd, lining is good. Transferred last 2 Jan 26th. 1st Beta Feb 6th - 70. 2nd Beta Feb 8th - 79. 3rd Beta Feb 12th - 429 or 492 (Can't remember which). Feb 28 - March 20th Bed Rest, started bleeding. Saw heartbeat on ultrasound. March 20th - baby stopped developing, no heartbeat. March 23rd - D&C. July 18th - Follow Up Appt.

Taking a year long break to relax before doing another round of IVF....

#331 jejevans

jejevans
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Congrats, onebigsigh! I feel like I let out one HUGE sigh every time I get some new news! 

• Dreams2Miracles likes this

#332 jejevans

jejevans
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Our first ultrasound is on Friday, Feb. 24th. So, so nervous. 

• 2Brides and Dreams2Miracles like this

#333 jejevans

jejevans
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Our carrier had another blood draw today at 20dp5dt. It was 19,942. :) U/S next week. 

• 2Brides likes this

#334 2Brides

2Brides
  • Cyclebase
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, eating, hiking/nature trails, BABIES!
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:ART- Birmingham, AL

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Thats awesome Jejevans! Looking forward to the ultrasound for sure I bet! Such fun! You might want to think about moving over into a Due Date Thread, it looks like this thread is pretty quiet right now. :)

• jejevans likes this

2012: My Pregnancy/ IVF/ (DW was the Egg Donor)

Henry Clyde arrives April 25, 2013! 💙

2014: DW's turn at Pregnancy/Unmedicated FET/( I was the Egg Donor)

Mae Alana arrives August 31, 2015 💗

2017: Try for baby #3 (My turn again...)

January FET (Natural): BFN

February FET (Medicated): BFP!

Feb 24- 8dp5dt Beta: 171, 2nd beta at 15dp5dt: 4730
April 13: Bloodwork reveal we are having a baby GIRL!💗

See my About Me for more details of our journey.

#335 jejevans

jejevans
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up, 2Brides. I didn't know that was a thing. 

Good luck in your 2WW! :)

• 2Brides likes this

#336 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

jejevans: I am about to start trying to have a baby with a surrogate. ( my amazing SIL) We have our first consultation in 2 weeks and was wondering how long does it take for things to start happening after this appointment. We haven't really been told anything, and I'm so anxious already 🙂

#337 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

jejevans: I am about to start trying to have a baby with a surrogate. ( my amazing SIL) We have our first consultation in 2 weeks and was wondering how long does it take for things to start happening after this appointment. We haven't really been told anything, and I'm so anxious already

Do you have embryos? or do you need donor eggs?  

Honestly, If you need donor eggs expect at least 6 months. You have to find a donor and get her testing done. Then get a legal agreement done, then you start stims, Your SIL still has to do her testing, and then you need to get legal done with her.   Then she has to prep to receive an embryo. Plus don't forget you have to get your testing done.  It is a long road.

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#338 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

I do not have embryos and will hopefully be using my own eggs. I did have some testing done and even though I'm 42 the fertility clinic said my results came back really great for my age. So hopefully that will take some of the waiting process out if it all works out. Thank you so much for letting me know . 🙂

#339 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

I do not have embryos and will hopefully be using my own eggs. I did have some testing done and even though I'm 42 the fertility clinic said my results came back really great for my age. So hopefully that will take some of the waiting process out if it all works out. Thank you so much for letting me know . 🙂

#340 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

idream. My first consultation with the clinic is March 15. Just wondering if the first step after that appointment is doing the legal stuff. I'm also just trying to find out at what point we would start to have to pay for things. Tks!