• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#201 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hey all - just a quick update since all I want to do is sleeeeeep.

Retreival went really well. Everytime they left me alone I started to cry (will it hurt? I'm scared! Will I have eggs? WIll they fertlilize? Ugggh.)

They nurse put in my IV and it wasn't brutal. I asked for the gravol, just in case - that helped make me a little woozier too. Dr. Gamelin did the retrieval, she was really nice, warned me before each step. Jackie (the head IVF nurse) was "my" nurse. I didn't even feel the pinch when they punctured and drained the left side. I felt it on the right - a pinch, but weirder. And then they needed to do another - there was another one to get that was in a tougher position to reach. Jackie had to lput pressure on my stomach/pelvis, which allowed Gamelin to get it. That one hurt a lot more but it was so quick it was manageable. All things - 10-15 minutes.

I am a little disappointed that my 13-15 follies ended up with only 7 eggs. Trying to think "only takes one: but 7 just seems low.

#202 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

Yaena 7 is not so bad. That's what the dr is expecting will get too! Good job on getting through the er! I thought for er they normally put up out so you felt/remembered nothing?!? Are other clinics different?

Cj - super good luck Saturday morning. I am so glad your eggies are still doing well

Pip - good idea calling in sick today. It took me an hour to get to work this morning. It seemed as if everyone just forgot how to drive. I saw some news reports of the perimeter etc that were horrible but my drive was nothing like that so not such why it took so long.

Afm DH did my first menopur shot this am. I heard it hurt so I put some ice on before he did the shot. I didn't understand that the needle doesn't hurt that much it's the liquid when it goes in lol. Oops. I was a total dick this morning too "that's not how the pharmacy showed us" " squish out the air bubbles" " not too much" poor guy. He smooches me before the needles go in so that made me relax a bit. I don't think I will be as worried in the mornings to come now that I know what to expect. First gonal f shot tonight. Hopefully that's pretty straight forward. Not sure why I am on 300 right out of the gate, maybe because I have a low egg reserve? Who knows lol. Other than that had a small rash from the suprefact last night which was weird but it was gone by the morning so alls well. Sure wish it would warm up. A positive is I can wear big sweaters and clothes when my bloated belly startes in the next little while lol

#203 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

S_secret - I think a lot of clinics in Canada use some form of conscious sedation (and do retrievals right in clinic). The few I looked into use Ativan to relax ahead of time (so you take it a couple of hours before you come in) and then they give you IV fentanyl for pain management in office. You're awake - it my case a little woozy, kind of like I'd just had a glass or two of wine, and the pain sensations are really dulled.

I've heard a lot of places in the states do put you right under for the procedure. Not sure whether there are places offering that in Canada too! (But wouldn't it be nice!)

#204 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

Egg retrieval was this morning and from a procedure perspective went well. Minimal pain and feeling almost back to normal now. Hugely different experience from last time around. I hope you all have an experience like this.
No word on numbers...but u requested that they not tell me today. I just wanted to focus on recovery.
Still feeling quite dizzy from the medication, but otherwise well

Me -29 31 - unexplained poor egg quality.  I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.  

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 -  IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSI sad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one".  All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo  - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#205 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

YaenaSK I'm glad the experience was good. I had a similar experience the first time with many follicles only yielding 7 mature eggs. We ended up with 1 blast from that cycle...and it became a baby :)

Me -29 31 - unexplained poor egg quality.  I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

August 2014 -  IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSI sad.png

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one".  All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#206 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Watermelon - I am going to hold on to that story like crazy heart.gif  I keep getting down about it and need to focus on the fact that we only need one.

#207 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

YaenaSK - you do only need one, but it doesn't change the worry that comes from having much lower numbers than expected. We only had 5 fertilize. It was the longest 5 days of my life waiting to hear if we'd have anything. That said, many others have 2 or 3 blasts with similar numbers so you just never know. I'm anticipating a similar anxious wait this time as my follicle numbers were very low this time.

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#208 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

cj123 - so excited to hear about the great progress of your embryos! I would interpret that to mean that those 6-7 were great quality, and maybe the other ones are still kicking but dividing a little slower. Doesn't mean they won't catch up :)

pip - minus 50, that is seriously cold. That's like the kind of cold that makes your eyelashes and nose hair freeze as soon as you go outside! Makes me feel like a wimp for complaining when it drops to minus 25 here. Hope your dad is feeling better after his surgery.

watermelon - I'm so glad to hear your retrieval went well. You're stronger than I am for being able to wait until tomorrow to hear about your numbers. I always just crave more information because I find it comforting to know, even if it's bad news. I totally get wanting to focus on your recovery though. Hope you sleep off all the post-drug wooziness tonight. fingers crossed for great news tomorrow!!

yaena - I'm also glad to hear YOUR retrieval went well! Man, I'd be lying if I said you girls weren't making me a tad jealous as my ER are always pretty awful. I think I have a bit of a "frozen pelvis" so it ends up being quite painful. Yay for 7 eggies! It's hard not to be disappointed, I 1000% know how you feel. But look on the bright side, right now you have 7 possible babies!

AFM - going ahead for ER on sunday, even though our numbers are crap. It was a tough call. I think we will be lucky if we get 3 mature eggs. Feeling pretty bummed but also that I have nothing to lose (except a crap-load of money). Physically feeling fine, probably cause I have a lot fewer follicles this time.

#209 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

Violetta - I'm so sorry that the numbers aren't good :( I hope that the ER will go as well as it possibly can. Let us know - we're all here to support you in whatever way we can.

Update this morning from the clinic - of our 7 eggs, 6 fertilized!!!! We didn't expect that high a rate so we are very, very happy. Now to cheer them on for the next couple of days. Gosh, this whole process is surreal.

#210 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

Watermelon - glad your egg retrieval went well!  I can't imagine not knowing how many eggs were retrieved, but good for you for taking care of yourself for the recovery process!  Let us know when you hear the fertilization report!

Violetta - sorry that your numbers are low.  That must be discouraging.  Praying that each egg they get will fertilize normally and develop into healthy little embryos.  

Yaena - 6 out of 7 is AWESOME!  That's so exciting.  It's exciting to hear when people have such good fertilization.  I think my saving grace was that they took out so many of eggs, thats how we have decent numbers as our fertilization rate was only 50%.  Praying that all 6 of yours will develop normally!  Also I completely agree with feeling like all this is surreal.  Because it is.  And it's kinda weird.  

We haven't heard from a few people recently!  I hope they are doing well in their cycles!  

AFM: our appointment time has changed by half an hour, now 930 tomorrow morning, which gives us another half hour of sleep before having to drive to Saskatoon.  So that's nice.  Looking forward to our transfer and hoping all our embryos or at least most make it.  Also, these progesterone vaginal suppositories are disgusting.  Just thought I would let you guys know about them.  So gross.  And I'm assuming it's the progesterone that is making me nauseous all the time, but I've been nauseous since starting BCP, so I have a feeling (especially if I end up getting pregnant) that I may be nauseous for a while :( but I would at least be happy that there is a baby that would be causing it!  Anyways, hope you are all well.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#211 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

yaena - That's an amazing fert report!

When I did my last retrieval, they did it in clinic and only gave me an IV. I wasn't wonky at all and remember everything. It was more painful than I expected and at one point someone had to push down on one part of my stomach so he could read another egg. I am going to ask if there is anything stronger than can give me this time lol.

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#212 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Ohh pandora that sounds like what they had to do to me at the end too! I asked for extra drugs before they even started and can't imagine how much it would have hurt without them. I think my words were "Max me out from the beginning please".

cj - which progesterone did you take? I fully agree about the disgusting part - it's only knowing there may be embryos coming that needs this goop that makes them do-able! I went with Crinone, and find it is giving me the itch. Lady parts are not a fan.

Best of luck with your transfer tomorrow! Such an exciting day! And thanks everyone - we cried we were so excited about the fertilization! (Then I called my parents and they all cried too!)

#213 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Yaena - I am taking the Endometrin - saved a little cash and for me it was like three times a day compared to twice a day, I figured we could pay less and just do the three times a day.  It's so gross.  I just make sure to always have a panty liner on.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

#214 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

Well quick update - We retrieved 15 eggs. Wtf?! 10 were mature. 9/10 fertilized with ICSI and 1 of the immature ones matured overnight and fertilized on its own. So we have 10 embryos. I am in total shock as they told me max 6 mature eggs based on follicle count. So this time I used way less medication, was so much more comfortable, had half as many follicles, but ended up with twice as many embryos. IVF is the biggest crapshoot...

I am cautiously optimistic given we lost so many last time, but for today I am happy and hopeful that we will have a healthy blast on day 5.

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#215 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Watermelon- that's so awesome!  How cool that that one of the immature ones decided to mature!  10 is a great number.  Hope they keep developing well!  Grow little embryos!!!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#216 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

Cj - I used endometrin for my FET. It was definitely gross. Are you fransferring on day 3 or 5? I've lost count of days

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#217 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

Watermelon - that's awesome! And great fertilization too! Fingers crossed!

#218 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

Just a quick update before I fall asleep from these meds. They were able to retrieve 12 eggs today! I can't wait to hear how many get fertilized though. It's going to. Be a long day waiting for that call tomorrow
IVF# 1 - Retrieval on Jan 13th/17 - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 5 survived to day 5. 1 transferred on Jan 18/17. 4 frozen embyros.
BFN - Jan 30/17
March 1/17 - natural bfp on 3 home tests!!
March 2/17 -  Confirmed BFP! Beta = 200
March 14/17 - First U/S - gestational & yolk sac present
March 24/17 - 2nd U/S, hr = 136 bpm, measuring 6 weeks 6 days. Due date = nov 9th/17 💕 May 31/17 - found out its a girl!!

#219 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Watermelon - we are doing a day five tomorrow morning!  On day three we had 6-7 very good looking embryos.  So I am hoping they are doing well when we get there tomorrow!  

Pip - 12 is great!  Rest up and can't wait to hear how many fertilized!  I can completely relate with having a hard time waiting to hear stuff.  This week has been so long waiting to see if we have embryos that make it to day 5... we will find out tomorrow! :)

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#220 nicgro

nicgro
  • Global 100+
  • 173 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hey ladies, I have been checking up on you all...just haven't said much!

Violetta - I can't believe I am going to say this, but keep your head up. Easier said than done, I know. Just remember that this is your best shot (IVF I mean, not necessarily this round) so like you said, what have you got to lose by trying. As much as we all get sick of hearing this, it only takes one. I wish you so much luck with your ER sweetie.

Watermelon - AMAZING NEWS!!! Hope those little suckers keep growing, Also very happy to read that your retrieval was much more pleasant this time around. Mine was HELL the last time...so that gives me hope that perhaps this one won't be too bad lol.

Yaena - Incredible news! I know you felt pretty down after that retrieval, glad things are starting to look up for you.

Secret - lol I forgot about the sting of menopur until I was shooting it. Glad things are going well for you, you've got this :)

Pip - Great numbers from your retrieval. Fingers crossed they all fertilize. Get some rest and I hope you are feeling well

CJ - Fingers are crossed for a sticky little one. Good luck with your transfer.

AFM...started my stims last night! 150 puregon and 75 menopur. Have a MAJOR headache this afternoon. Not sure if it is related or not, but it's a doozy. DH is getting on my nerves cause I feel like he isn't really "invested" this round. With our last one he knew what was going on and showed interest. He even wanted to help my prepare my injections. This time he has no clue...doesn't seem to care...doesn't even know if he is going to take me for my retrieval or if he will be "busy" that day!!! I really hope he starts to come around cause I need the support right now.

IVF #1

Oct 1, 2014 - 14 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 5 make it to blast

Oct 6, 2014 - Transfer 1 beautiful 4AA blast and freeze the remaining 4

Oct 15, 2014 - Start bleeding sad.png

Oct 17, 2014 - First Beta = 6   I know it's over, clinic is still trying to be positive

Oct 19, 2014 - Second Beta = 2  BFN

Oct 27, 2014 - Laparoscopy for Endo and ovarian cysts

FET #1

Feb 9, 2015 - Transfer 1 blast...clinic can't tell me the quality...isn't that weird?

Feb 22, 2015 - Beta = BFN sad.png

April 16, 2015 - Surgery to remove multiple uterine fibroids

Aug 24, 2015 - Take 3 month injection of Lupron Depot to try to help with endo pain/bleeding

Nov 24, 2015 - Take another 3 month injection of Lupron Depot

Feb 24, 2016 - Blood work and ultrasound. Was going to start prepping for FET, but thyroid is very low so need to increase meds before transfer

May 2, 2016 - start Estrace to prepare for FET (FET scheduled for May 18)

FET #2

May 18, 2016 - Transfer 1 blast...again not told what quality it is. Lose one blast in the thaw.

May 31, 2016 - BFN - I ask clinic what is going on and why this isn't working. They schedule me for a biopsy and sono.

June 9, 2016 - Biopsy and Sono performed. They find fibroids in my uterus and book surgery.

June 14, 2016 - Surgery to remove uterine fibroids

FET #3

September 20, 2016 - Transfer our final blast...stick baby stick

October 3, 2016 - BFN. I have never felt so broken in my life. Not sure I can continue on this journey, but must make a decision as just hours after getting my BFN, I get a call from my clinic saying that they made an error with my government funding and if I was going to continue, I must pay  everything back!!!

December 8, 2016 - Here we are again! Sono and biopsy to prepare for IVF #2 in January! They see something very small forming in my uterus, not large enough to operate on at this point though.

December 19, 2016 - Start Birth Control to prepare for next cycle.

January 7, 2017 - Have ultrasound done, everything looks good to move forward. Stop BC Pill.

IVF #2

January 23, 2017 - 12 Eggs retrieved, all mature, 7 fertilized

January 28, 2017 - Transfer 1 little 3AB blast, 5 still hanging in there and hope to freeze them tomorrow

#221 girl12340987

girl12340987
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Nicgro - that is so tough, that DH is distant. Do you think maybe he is protecting himself a little? No matter what though, you need support and someone by your side going through this. I hope he comes around for you and you feel like he becomes a part of the process.

Pip - hang in there! I think the drugs are the saving grace waiting for the first update - they just knock you out and hopefully by the time you really come to, the update is quick. Fingers crossed for lots of fertilized eggs for you!

Not looking forward to a long day without an update tomorrow here. We go in Sunday morning - they have told us to be ready for a transfer, though depending on how they look, it might become just an update appointment and they'll bump it to day 5 (Tuesday).

#222 Pip

Pip
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

secret - I had my retrieval at heartland today and it was conscious sedation. We had to go to the clinic about an hour and a half before the procedure and they gave me an ativan right away then an IV antibiotic, I think fluid and then when the procedure started they gave two different pain killers one was fentenyl. The other I can't remember. The nurse gave me a full dose of the one off the hop - she said after that because i'm average size and a redhead that she gave me the full dose of that right away. she said she always gives redheads the full dose off the hop because we tend to be more sensitive lol! Either way it was appreciated. For the fentenyl she gave the lowest dose and I was able to ask for some if I needed but I was okay. The nice thing is they keep you comfortable and talk you through the whole thing. I found them very professional and calming. The nurse did say that some women will fall asleep, some don't remember anything and that most don't remember everything. i found I was awake and at the time felt like I was super into it but then when me and my spouse were talking tonight (he was in the room for the entire thing) I realized that I definately don't remember parts of it. 

Nicgro - sorry to hear that, hopefully he gets on board and you get the support you need from him. 

CJ - good luck tomorrow! I hope you get great news! Also I've read that if you do have morning sickness apparently there is a lower chance of MC.. so at least thats a positive if things stick and you do have morning sickness!

Not looking forward to the endometrin tabs you guys are talking about. 

IVF# 1 - Retrieval on Jan 13th/17 - 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 5 survived to day 5. 1 transferred on Jan 18/17. 4 frozen embyros.
BFN - Jan 30/17
March 1/17 - natural bfp on 3 home tests!!
March 2/17 -  Confirmed BFP! Beta = 200
March 14/17 - First U/S - gestational & yolk sac present
March 24/17 - 2nd U/S, hr = 136 bpm, measuring 6 weeks 6 days. Due date = nov 9th/17 💕 May 31/17 - found out its a girl!!

#223 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

Pip thanks so much for the update! And way to go on 12 eggs! Who did your retrieval? My acupuncture dr told me dr Stephanie is leaving apparently. Dr lee is my normal side but dr Mctavish did our iui and my baseline scan. It's so amazing you are almost there!

#224 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

nicgro - thanks for the words of support :) Against my better judgement, I had really got my hopes up for this cycle before we started, so I'm trying to re-frame this in my mind as a bit of a hail mary move. I guess I'm trying to keep my head up while working hard to manage my expectations, knowing that the odds this round are against us. And I can relate to DH seeming uninterested. Mine is sort of a man of few words, and although I know he really does care, he just comes across as a little bit apathetic, just not really that engaged in the process. I guess as long as he is "engaged" on retrieval day, that's the important part! Happy stimming! Hope your headache settled down, maybe it was just a one-off, fingers crossed.

pip - Congrats on your retrieval - a perfect dozen, that's fantastic! Hope you get lots of rest. Are you taking the time off work between retrieval and transfer? that's hilarious about the redhead thing. I should pretend I'm actually a redhead in disguise so they give me more of the good stuff haha! But I'm sure I would just end up barfing all over the place afterwards.

cj- ughhhhh endometrin is the GROSSEST! I have already spent a total of 9 weeks of my life using that stuff, and I'm not looking forward to starting it again at all. Good luck with ET tomorrow - I think you're going to be the first to be PUPO! I find the ET is sort of fun. With the notable exception of the full bladder rule! My last transfer they were running way behind, and so I had to keep letting small amounts of urine out - like 6+ times, it was a form of torture! And it felt a little ridiculous making potentially life-changing decisions (eg to transfer one or two embryos) when your bladder is so full that it's all you can think of, hehe! BUT a full bladder increases pregnancy rates because it makes the transfer easier (and therefore less likely to cause cramping etc.) so drink away!

yaena - thanks so much for the kind words :) I'm so pumped to hear about your great fertilization stats! That's kind of nice that they have you go in on day 3 ready for transfer just in case, and that otherwise you get an in-person update. I have found the communication from my clinic in the past about how my embryos are doing has been frustratingly sparse. Usually you get a quick phone call about the fertilization report, ad then you don't hear anything else until day 3. And even when they call you, the nurse doesn't know any of the details. One time they called me to tell me it was switched to day 3 from a planned day 5 (a total shock to me) and I had to press for more info. Even then all she could say is that there were fewer good quality embryos than they were expecting based on the day 1 results. I've heard of other clinics where you actually get a call from the embryologist. That would be awesome, but I guess they are just way too busy.

s_secret - my clinic does conscious sedations too. They give you fentanyl and versed (midazolam) which is a nice cocktail for that kind of thing. How did you find the gonal-f? I always found that one almost painless. The trick I think is not to go into or near an area that you've injected within the last 24 hours. When's your first ultrasound?

watermelon - yayyyyy!!! Sounds like you will be doing a day 5 transfer of one of your microscopic humans! That's such amazing news - I'm so excited for you. And it kinda gives me a little bit of hope too :)

Pandora - sorry if I'm behind, but have you started your stims yet?

AFM - triggered tonight - here goes nothing! Looking forward to a relaxing day tomorrow. Have any of your clinics given you advice about baths prior to retrieval? I'm sure it's ok as long as it's not a really hot one right?

#225 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

Violetta - Good luck with retrieval tomorrow. Hoping you have a positive experience. Just say yes to all the offered drugs and if things start to get a bit uncomfortable request more and they should accommodate. We are doing a freeze all cycle due to my high estrogen so no transfer. Supposedly implantation rates are higher when a FET is done in cases like mine...plus it's safer due to the risk of ohss if you get a bfp. I'm one of the weird cases where my egg yield is normal, but my estrogen climbs unusually high. Oh well. I'm okay to wait. My miracle fighter embryo was a bfp from a FET, so I have faith in it :). Praying we get at least one blast to freeze.

Pip - I agree I really thought I was fully present for the entire retrieval as I know I responded to their offers of more meds
...and yet the whole procedure seemed to last 30 seconds. It's as if conscious sedation induces amnesia? Definitely different from my first retrievAl where I vividly remember it all. Good drugs = good :) haha

Baby boy born Sept 28/15