---> January 2017 IVF <---

570 replies to this topic

#176 Pip

Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

nicro - it took me about 5 days - stopped bc on dec21st and it starred decent 26th.

Does anyone know what happens if you get sick? I woke up today with a hoarse voice and sore throat. I've just been gargling salt water and won't take anything I just really really hope this doesn't affect anything.

#177 pandora89

pandora89
  • 70 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

CP - Oh wow 22! FX for a good fertilization report.

STILL waiting around. This is brutal lol. We did our first IVF Jan 2016 and I looked back and had already started stims this time last year. I still probably have a week left although since I think I ovulated earlier this month I am hoping it is earlier.

Started acupuncture, going to go 2 more times this week. I forgot how much I did not enjoy that but at least I was able to take a mini nap during my lunch.

Me - 27 H - 29

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF #2 originally planned for August 2016

06/16 - AMH retested, now .98

DH's sperm fragmentation results came back at 87%, RE said never seen anything that high. IVF put on hold indefinitely.

DH's diet is changed, put on high supplement regiment.

11/16 - Fragmentation retested, results come back at 15% (first test) and 13% (second test)

IVF #2 - Jan 2017

01/18 - AFC- 12, FSH - 13, start stims

01/22 - 3 measurable follicles, 15, 8, 7, begin orgalutran. 

01/24 - 3 measurable follicles, 18, 10, 10

01/26 - 10 follicles - 22, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, 8, 8, 5, 3

IVF#2 - Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
02/15 - AFC 16, FSH 5 - Start 75IU menopur, 300IU gonal-f and orgalutran.

#178 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

Just got off the phone with the clinic. Out of my 22 eggs they got yesterday, 20 were mature and ICSI'd. 10 have fertilized! I am very happy with that number and hope that they keep developing! Sigh of relief!

Me - 29  Hubby - 29

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

IVF # 1 Oct/Nov 2016

Started bcp Sept 17/16 Last day of bcp Oct 23

CD 1 Oct 26

Began Injections (75 IU menopur, 75 IU Gonal F) Oct 28

Nov 1 first ultrasound 16 follicles (8 each side) measuring 4-8mm

Nov 3 Second ultrasound 16 follicles (8 each side) measuring 5-9mm (Gonal F increased to 112.5 IU) 

Nov 5 third ultrasound - follicles measuring 6-11 mm (Gonal F increased to 150 IU)

Nov 7 fourth ultrasound - one large follicle at 14mm, the rest 9mm and under, RE made decision to cancel cycle and try again later.  sad.png

DH's PESA/TESE procedure done Nov 10/16 - good sperm sample with good motility.  Sperm survived test freeze/thaw, 4 straws frozen and waiting for us to use with our next cycle.  

IVF #2 Dec '16/Jan '17

Started bcp Nov 27/16 Last day of bcp Dec 24

CD #1 and baseline US Dec 28

Began injections Dec 29 (75 IU Menopur, 200 IU Gonal F)

January 2 first Ultrasound 8 follicles on Rt approx 15 follicles on Lt measuring 5-9mm

January 3 began 250 mcg Cetrotide daily

January 4 second ultrasound at least 20 follicles between both ovaries measuring 9-13mm

Jan 6 ultrasound, lots of follicles measuring 10-15 mm

Jan 7 Ultrasound, lots of follicles, biggest being 19 mm several at 16-17mm and a bunch ranging from 12-15mm

Jan 7 at 9 PM trigger shot 

Jan 9 at 8 Am, egg retrieval!  We got 22 eggs!

Jan 10 fertilization report: 20 eggs mature and ICSI'd, 10 have fertilized!

Jan 12 - 7 embryo's still growing!

Jan 14 - Transfer day - all 7 of our embryos are at a pre-blast stage.  Transferred the best one

Jan 15 - found out our embryos arrested and had none to freeze

Jan 23 - Beta - Negative

#179 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

cj - 10! That is awesome! Fingers crossed for good development over the next few days!

pandora - I really don't love acupuncture either - I tried it earlier last year and decided I was having enough needles with IVF, didn't need to add more! But I have heard so many good things about it - I hope it helps!

gingermomma - welcome to the group!

pip - I was a little sick at the very start of my cycle and it didn't affect anything. Not sure what happens if you get sick right before retrieval - maybe your clinic could give some advice?

AFM - Retrieval at 9:15 Thursday morning, trigger tonight at 10:15. Just took my last Cetrotide (that makes me happy!) and may still have to do a little dose of Gonal-F tonight too. Counted 13 follies this morning between 11-17mm (most were 15-17). Ahhh - Dr. C. spent a good 10 minutes trying to calm my fears about Thursday morning - I am so nervous.

ME: 35 36, DH: 40

TTC since 2014.

IUI #1 and #2 - cancelled
IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

IVF #1 - December '16/January '17

One embryo transferred. Two more frozen.

BFP!  Betas 176 and 1897.

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#180 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

Yaena- don't be nervous about the retrieval! You'll do great. It wasn't completely pain free. I felt about three sharp kinda pinching feelings. But taking deep breathes got me through it. It wasn't close to unbearable for me. I know that if you can keep calm things will usually go better than if your anxiety is off the charts. You'll do great and if you need more fentanyl ask for more! Can't wait to hear how it goes. You'll do great!

Me - 29  Hubby - 29

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

IVF # 1 Oct/Nov 2016

CD 1 Oct 26

Nov 3 Second ultrasound 16 follicles (8 each side) measuring 5-9mm (Gonal F increased to 112.5 IU) 

Nov 5 third ultrasound - follicles measuring 6-11 mm (Gonal F increased to 150 IU)

Nov 7 fourth ultrasound - one large follicle at 14mm, the rest 9mm and under, RE made decision to cancel cycle and try again later.  sad.png

DH's PESA/TESE procedure done Nov 10/16 - good sperm sample with good motility.  Sperm survived test freeze/thaw, 4 straws frozen and waiting for us to use with our next cycle.  

IVF #2 Dec '16/Jan '17

January 2 first Ultrasound 8 follicles on Rt approx 15 follicles on Lt measuring 5-9mm

January 4 second ultrasound at least 20 follicles between both ovaries measuring 9-13mm

Jan 7 Ultrasound, lots of follicles, biggest being 19 mm several at 16-17mm and a bunch ranging from 12-15mm

Jan 14 - Transfer day - all 7 of our embryos are at a pre-blast stage.  Transferred the best one

Jan 23 - Beta - Negative

#181 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

Thanks cj! Dr. C. says she expects mine to be easy (apparently my ovaries are super easy to see and get to, and with only 13 follies to deal with, she's guessing 10 minutes max). She said it would be "pressure, like the ultrasounds" and a couple of sharp pinches. I am just such a wimp with pain (and already have anxiety without IVF) - I asked if I could sign a waiver or something and they would just crack me over the head instead. giggle.gif

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#182 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

Cj - congrats on 10 beauties. The next 5 days are long. It's like the 2ww in my opinion. Hope you find something fun to do to pass the time. How are you feeling now?

YaenaSK - yay for triggering! We will be trigger buddies tonight ;-). If your ovaries are nice and low and easy to see this bodes well for a more comfortable retrieval. Last time, 90% of my retrieval was very manageable. It was only the last few that caused me so much pain on account of my ovary on one side being more challenging to access. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday morning and hope we each have positive posts later in the day :)

Afm - triggering tonight with retrieval Thursday morning. I am super nervous :(. It's out of my hands though.

Me -29 31- unexplained poor egg quality. I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 - IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSIsad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one". All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#183 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Watermelon - we got this! I am so happy to have a trigger buddy - I will definitely be thinking of you on Thursday morning too (and that may well help distract me from being nervous!). I can't wait to hear good news and results from you later in the day.

Looking forward to my last two shots tonight being done, and a day off tomorrow!

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#184 lisa222

lisa222
  • 28 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:29 AM

Hi all! Welcome edubbs14, gingermomma, s_secret, nicgro (sorry if I missed anyone! Trying to catch up after being away)

cj123 - retrieval sounded awesome! So glad you got so many fertilised. I am going to plan to follow in your footsteps giggle.gif

Violetta - I can totally relate to being 'good candidates' on paper. I had a long down-reg (4 months) so my body is slower to respond too. It is getting there though. 

Watermelon and yaenaSK - so exciting that your retrieval is coming up. I am sending you both good thoughts 

Pip- how are you feeling?

AFM We are back from camping. Sneaking my chilly bin and medication around was hard - making excuses to give myself stim injections. Tonight was my 7th night of stims, not enough estrogen yet, seems I'm a slow responder. First u/s on Friday. Hoping for lots and lots of big, healthy eggs (but of course, not too many...). Starting to get a big swollen belly (same as you Pip!) and really emotional (so not like me). I dont think DH is going to make it to the follicle count u/s on Friday - should I go on my own or convince a family member to come with me? Did anyone find it emotional?? 

#185 Pip

Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Lisa - Thanks for asking! My throat was a bit worse this morning and I'm still sounding hoarse. I talked with my clinic this morning and they said for retrieval it won't be an issue so that is good. He did say though that if I'm still sick and especially if I have a fever at all that the transfer will likely be delayed. As for the swollen belly, yep its still swollen. I find jostling really hard - if you're camping it must be warmer than where I am but its freezing and the streets are all ice rutted so I went over a couple of bumps driving home yesterday that just felt awful. Good luck with everything on Friday. I haven't been very emotional with the meds but I have also found the ultrasounds okay. The doctors have been very informative so I find that helps, just them talking through it makes me more comfortable because I'm not wondering what they are seeing and what they are looking for if that makes sense. My head usually goes wild when they are too quiet.  I personally always get more emotional when I start to talk about it so I find it helpful to not have my spouse there cause I feel that I can process the info then I call him and if I get emotional that's typically when it'll happen. There have been spouses or other family members with some of the other ladies though so its a personal preference. I do find it helpful to have someone there to make sure you catch all the info.

I have 20 follicles as of this morning, and egg retrieval is scheduled for Friday. I take my trigger shot tonight and I'm done with the other meds!! yahoo!! They did say though that the egg transfer may not happen this cycle and they won't know until they take my blood work and check my progesterone levels. Also like I said above if I'm still sick they may not do it either.

Sounds like there are a few ladies going tomorrow for egg retrieval - best of luck.

CJ - awesome to hear that you have 10 embryos, good luck and keep us all posted on your progress!

#186 edubbs14

edubbs14
  • 43 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hey everyone - loving the status updates, it's comforting knowing we're in this together!! Sending good vibes for all the retrievals coming up!!

Has anyone been working with a naturopath during this process? Would love to hear their 'prescriptions' throughout the stim/retrieval/transfer process...

Me - 36 - Hubby - 38

Cycle monitoring with Letrozole @ Hannam for 2015 - one miscarriage July 2015

Switched to Repromed January 2016 - 4 IUIs w/ acupuncture - all BFN

First IVF scheduled for January/February 2017

#187 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Watermelon - I'm doing alright.  I think I did too much too fast yesterday as I was feeling good in the morning and then was in much more pain at the end of the night.  So I am going to take it easy today (won't be too hard as it's -49 Celsius with the wind today, so staying inside!)  I am finding the waiting to hear how the embryo's are doing terrible.  I heard from the clinic just after 1030 yesterday morning and it felt like an eternity before they called, today we hear nothing and we will talk with them tomorrow apparently around 9 am.  I just hope we make it to day five.... this is the worst part so far.... waiting sucks.  

lisa- I went to all my follicle tracking appointments alone.  I didn't find them overly emotional and they literally take five minutes... but that was just me.  

Pip - it sounds like you have lots of follies waiting to come out!  Exciting that you get to trigger soon!  Hopefully you are feeling better soon! 

Yaena - good luck with retrieval tomorrow.  Do you know who is doing yours?  I had Dr. Case and it went very well.  Enjoy the injection free day!

AFM I am just waiting for another update on the embryo's tomorrow.  The wait is terrible, I am a bit anxious that our embryos will arrest.  Our doctors are confident we will be good candidates for blastocyst transfer.  We used epididymal/testicular sperm so I am just hoping that doesn't cause them to arrest.... AHHH I am thinking way too much!  I am still a bit achy from retrieval and did a little too much yesterday.  So today I am hanging out trying not to do too much.  Hoping that my nervous pessimism will be wrong!  Does anyone laugh at how weird it seems that people have babies in a much simpler/different way.  That seems to bizarre to me, and wish I just had the pregnant/not pregnant option.  Instead of the how many eggs will we get?  Will they fertilize?  Will the embryos develop?  Will we make it to embryo transfer?  Will I get pregnant?  Ugh.  

Me - 29  Hubby - 29

IVF # 1 Oct/Nov 2016

CD 1 Oct 26

IVF #2 Dec '16/Jan '17

Jan 23 - Beta - Negative

#188 S_secret

S_secret
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

Wow I missed a lot! Congrats on all the eggies cj and good luck for all the er's that are happening this week! What a busy little group we are!

Presently I am CRANKY. Super cranky. All I want to do is leave work drink booze smoke cigarettes and eat prosessed foods. You know all the things we can't do. Apparently I have hit my limit of tolerance today. Working on deep breathing and trying not to be a crazy b$&#h!

#189 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

Aww S_secret - I had a couple of days like that too. I just wanted a hot dog and a tequila for a couple of days. And a trip to a Zika-laden beach (not for the Zika but for the beach!). Hang in there! On those days, I went through all of the "I wants" and picked one of two that were still safe (like having a chocolate bar for supper - safe but not really responsible). Made me feel like a total rebel, hahaha.

cj - I feel like I had so many little, silly ER questions I didn't ask yesterday. The most vain one is - are we allowed to wear makeup? I am starting to break out this week fiercely from the injections, and my self-esteem would love to spackle some foundation over the spots.

Not sure who will be doing my ER. Dr. Case has done 99% of my care through this cycle (all except one U/S - actually, that was at exactly the time you had your retrieval on Monday!). I wouldn't be disappointed to see her, since I am so terrified and she knows that. I really like Dr. G. too, but also feel "bonded" in a sense to Dr. C. since she has been with me now through this. I would never have guessed I'd say that!

edubbs - I saw a naturopath back before we started IVF, who gave me a crapload of natural steps to take (mostly cutting out a lot of yeast and sugar, some sort of cleanse that was awful - I made it 3 days of the 30 hahaha). My clinic specifically advises against any homeopathic remedies during IVF, since they are less regulated/predictable.

Pip - I am so glad the cold won't affect retrieval, but really hope you are feeling better just for your own comfort (and so you can transfer sooner!). I have poured gallons of lemon ginger tea down my throat to keep me feeling good during this process.

AFM - free day! I slept until 8 (when I would usually already be in the stirrups counting follies). Running a couple of errands (by running, I mean waddling slowly because I am bloated and uncomfortable). And enjoying a bath and some self-care tonight before popping some Ativan and trying to sleep. DH and I had a happy moment after the trigger last night - as much as IF sucks, it has made my marriage so so so much deeper and for that, I'm grateful. Also - here's your funny for the day! Anyone else have a pet who tries to get involved in injections? I have a 16 year old fat cat, who was always uninterested - until yesterday. He walks over to the edge of the couch and prepared to launch all 15lbs of himself on my lap as there was a needle in my belly. I couldn't shoo him away because, well - needle. DH couldn't because he was holding the needle. Of course, it was Cetrotide so it was the most liquid ever to inject. We both just kept saying "Don't do it don't do it" hahaha.

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#190 Gingermomma

Gingermomma
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Anova fertility

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

Well, i'm being bumped to february now. My hormones are out of wack and need to normalise before they will allow mw to do another round. Good luck ladies!
July 2008 start ttc
Dec 2011 got my first ever bfp -mmc 9 weeks :(
June 2012 bfp, DS born march 2013 :D
June 2014 bfp -mmc 7 weeks :(
Nov 2014 bfp, -cp :(
Dec 2014 medicated iui #1, bfn
Jan 2015 medicated iui #2, upgraded to ivf due to way to many follicles. Retrieved 14 eggs, 8 fertilized with icsi, 5 made it to freeze all.
Feb 2015 medicated fet, bfp, DS born nov 2015 :D
Dec 2016 medicated fet, bfp, -cp :(

#191 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

Yaena - Wear the makeup!! make yourself feel great!  Unless you are putting it on your va-jay-jay, I'm sure the dr's wont care lol :)

Gingermomma - Sorry to hear.  It's disappointing when a cycle get cancelled.  Hope that your next one is successful!

S secret - I can't relate to the crankiness, I just have seemed to be exhausted through the entire process.  But maybe doing like yaena said, have some chocolate, or ice cream.  Something that will help comfort you just a little.  

Me - 29  Hubby - 29

IVF # 1 Oct/Nov 2016

CD 1 Oct 26

IVF #2 Dec '16/Jan '17

Jan 23 - Beta - Negative

#192 Pip

Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

Gingermomma - sorry to hear about your hormones being out of whack. Hoping they normalize quickly and Feb is your month.

Yaena - I hear you - as difficult as this journey can be it has really forced me and my spouse to support eachother in ways we probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to had we not gone through this. I feel like we've really grown together as a result. Also love the story!! Pets really are the best.

How did everyone find the trigger shot? Have your doctors talked at all about diet changes following the trigger shot or egg retrieval? My doctor prescribed hcg but reduced the dose. I had a reaction to the ASA so they seem to be very cautious with every med I've been on so far (when I started the gonal f I was only on 75 for the first few days). Apparently this is what may cause ohss so they recommended some diet changes - salty foods! which are my favourite and also what I've cut out - sugars, salts etc trying to be uber healthy. So I am very much enjoying my cream of mushroom soup right now, and I'll pick up some Gatorade, Mr. Noodles and maybe even some chips lol! Dr's orders right?!?

#193 S_secret

S_secret
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

Well af started. Lol maybe that's also part of why I a so grumpy. Chips for dinner it is!

Pip - so far they haven't told me anything about diet. When I had the trigger shot for our IUI, not gonna lie it pinched and was tender for a couple days but nothing horrible. I have head after er salty McDonalds fries and Gatorade lol sounds like hang over food! You started gonal f at 75? I am starting at 300. Wth!

Sorry about the change ginger. This infertility crap is such a roller coaster! Crossing my fingers for feb for you!

Went shopping at lunch. Feel a bit more positive lol. Annoyed that DH is kicking my ass at Fitbit steps. He sucks lol

#194 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Pip - I had to do 3 shots last night to trigger. 2 shops of decapeptyl (like lupron) and a small dose of hcg. The hcg was easy. Not painful at all. The other hurt like an SOB as the fluid was going in..like luveris. But it's just a quick shot. It's retrievAl that has me nauseous :(.

Me -29 31- unexplained poor egg quality. I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 - IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSIsad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one". All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#195 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

My trigger was just 7500 of hcg (they are not overly worried about OHSS for me). Didn't really hurt - my stomach is overall tender from all the shots but no stinging or burning. Watermelon - three shots to trigger?! Yuck. You're a champ.

No notes on diet for me - just "healthy". I have heard the salty food thing before too, for after ER. Might give it a go!

Ginger - that sucks. I really hope that things level out and February is a go for you!

Cj - thanks! I wasn't sure how "surgical" the rules would be for this. Sounds like it is pretty relaxed!

Just popped a night before Ativan. I haven't had the strongest response to them in the past so I am hoping it will help.

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#196 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm still trying to catch up!

Pip - I found the trigger shot was totally fine. I had ovidrel and it was very similar to gonal-f (same style pen). I don't remember it burning at all. And my clinic didn't suggest any specific diet changes with the exception of lots of fluids. Are you triggering tonight too?

yaena - you'll do great tomorrow! I know what you mean about the ativan - I don't find it does much for me either. Hope you get a good night's sleep and best of luck in the morning. p.s. my puppy is very curious about my injections too - lucky for her I haven't accidentally stabbed her with my gonal-f pen (unlike me, she's totally fine with being infertile!).

watermelon - I hear you about retrieval. For me it is crazy painful because my ovaries are pretty stuck down and they have to move them to access the follicles.

cj123 - so happy to hear about your great fertilization report. i've got my fingers and toes crossed for good news tomorrow!

s_secret - glad to hear AF is getting the ball rolling on your cycle! And you have my permission to be a cranky b^$%*!!

Lisa - I wouldn't worry too much about going to your follicle tracking scan alone. I've done all mine alone so far. Hope it goes well for you!

AFM - had my ultrasound and the news is discouraging. basically I haven't had a great response this time after the down-reg. Numbers are low and I also have a large cyst which will make it difficult/impossible to access some of them. We're going to reassess with another ultrasound and decide from there whether to cancel or go ahead. I'm hoping for miracles on my next scan but I'm really not holding my breath.

#197 Gingermomma

Gingermomma
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Anova fertility

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

Thanks ladies. I'm actaually really crushed over it. Apparently they may run out of funded ivf spots by the time i'm read, even thouh i'm already approved. We really can't afford another paid cycle plus the drugs. If i'm bumped, i have to wait until april when/if the funding gets renewed :(.

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck.
July 2008 start ttc
Dec 2011 got my first ever bfp -mmc 9 weeks :(
June 2012 bfp, DS born march 2013 :D
June 2014 bfp -mmc 7 weeks :(
Nov 2014 bfp, -cp :(
Dec 2014 medicated iui #1, bfn
Jan 2015 medicated iui #2, upgraded to ivf due to way to many follicles. Retrieved 14 eggs, 8 fertilized with icsi, 5 made it to freeze all.
Feb 2015 medicated fet, bfp, DS born nov 2015 :D
Dec 2016 medicated fet, bfp, -cp :(

#198 lisa222

lisa222
  • 28 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

Thanks all! Your advice is always helpful. 

Gingermomma - that sounds awful! Our funded cycle is in March 2018, so hoping desperately this (privately paid) one works, isn't waiting just the worst (and why is there SO much waiting?!)

Violetta - how are you feeling? hoping that things go ahead, such an emotional process.

Yaenask - how did it go??? have been thinking of you today

Watermelon- sorry if all confused, but when is your retrieval? Must be really soon! good luck!!!

cj123 - how are the little embryo's going? When do you have your transfer?

Pip -wishing you luck tomorrow!! 

AFM- feeling super super cranky tonight (I can relate s_secret!) poor DH.... everything is annoying me. Dreaming tonight of lots of follicles, for our u/s tomorrow. I am definitely bloated but can't help wishing I was even more so. Wishing you all luck!

#199 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hey ladies just popping in for a very quick update.  Got the call this morning at 830 that our embryos are looking good.  She said at first that we still had all of them, so then I said all ten?  And she responded with 6-7 are looking very good quality.  So I am not sure if the other 3-4 are still there just not as good quality?  I don't know, was too excited to clarify.  Our embryo transfer is booked for Saturday morning at 9 am.  Hope that most of our embryos make it to then!  :)  good luck to everyone doing retrievals and starting stims and all that.... my little guy and I are out the door right away to visit my dad who's recover from gallbladder surgery.  Hope you are all warm... it's minus 50 Celsius with the windchill today.... yikes.  

Me - 29  Hubby - 29

IVF # 1 Oct/Nov 2016

CD 1 Oct 26

IVF #2 Dec '16/Jan '17

Jan 23 - Beta - Negative

#200 Pip

Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

Ssecret - lmao! hang over foods sounds about right. 300 sounds like a lot, at my most I had 150. Hopefully you are having a better day today. 

Watermelon - 3 shots? I guess I'm lucky that I just had one. How are you feeling today? Do you go friday then for the egg retrieval?

Violetta - yep I triggered last night. The info sheet they gave me for after the er said lots of fluid but not straight water. I did pick up some vegetable juice and gatorade (those were the examples they gave on the sheet) for after. That really sucks that your numbers aren't better and that you have a cyst. When is your next ultrasound?

CJ - sounds like things are going really well! how have you been feeling? Good luck on Saturday!

I think there were a couple people with retrievals today - good luck hope all goes well!

AFM - the trigger shot was fine but I've been feeling a bit naseous today and slept horribly last night. Maybe its just nerves for tomorrow. Either way I called in sick for work and am taking it easy today. I've had a really hard time tolerating driving just the bumping on the roads has been awful the last couple of days and today is a blustery storm so I'm glad to be at home today.