• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#26 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:59 PM

I also have so much respect for you ladies who are trying for a second or third time. I'm a nervous wreck about our first try.

I'm going to pick up the ubiquinol and ask my RE if it's a good plan. Sounds like it's worth a try!

Violetta - I can't imagine being suppressed for two whole months. You're tough! This whole thing is already such a waiting game. Ordering my meds online gives me the Willie's too but the savings are undeniable. I'm going to talk to my RE about it before hand because I don't even know where I'll be dosage wise. Or even what drugs I'll be using.

YaenaSK - I have to take the whole month off because I won't be driving back and forth during stims! We are at the same clinic and yes I'm in the January cycle. They didn't give me surviving dates though. I've actually been looking at places on airbnb: HUGE price difference. Gotta save $ wherever we can. Do you live in Saskatoon then?
Me 28 PCOS + Anovulation + Amenorrhea
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Clomid 50 Mg Jan 2014 - No ovulation
Clomid 100 Mg Feb 2014 - No Ovulation
Clomid 150 Mg March 2014 - No Ovulation
Clomid 200 Mg April 2014 - No Ovulation
Clomid 200 Mg May 2014 - No Ovualtion 
Referral to Dr. Gamelin Aurora (Short notice cancellation - first consult July 7 2014)
Letrozole 2.5mg July 2014 - No Ovulation
Letrozole 2.5 mg August 2014 - No Ovulation
Letrozole 5 mg September 2014 - 1 Follicle - BFN
Letrozole 5mg October 2014 - 1 Follicle - BFN
Letrozole 5 mg November 2014 - 1 Follicle BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg December 2014 - 2 Follicles BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg January 2015 - 2 follicles BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg February 2015 1 follicle BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg + Ovidrel + IUI March 2015 2 follicles - BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg + Ovidrel + IUI April 2015 1 follicle - BFP
June 26 2015 - no fetal heartbeat - silent miscarriage
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
Gonal f + ovidrel + back to back iui -September 2015 -BFN
October 2015 - letrozole 7.5mg + ovidrel +iui - BFN
January 2017 - IVF #1

#27 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

C&J - Yep, I am right in Saskatoon.  We actually "sort of" put our names on the waitlist with Aurora back in August. We started to see the writing on the wall then (after two cancelled IUIs, due to ovulation on the side without a tube, my gut was screaming "You are going to need IVF"). We figured December/January would be about the time we'd be emotionally and financially ready, so they were tentatively holding a place for us, even though we kept trying IUI. (Jackie gave us the full rundown while I was trying not to bawl my eyes out in the office in October, after our fourth failed IUI cycle - that's when we picked our official cycle. It was pretty pathetic - but I am sure they have seen it all before.)

ME: 35 36, DH: 40

TTC since 2014.

IUI #1 and #2 - cancelled
IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

IVF #1 - December '16/January '17

One embryo transferred. Two more frozen.

BFP!  Betas 176 and 1897.

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#28 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,822 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

C&J honestly, just take it one step at a time. Each part of the process is just one more hurdle to get through. Be happy when you pass that hurdle, but have a plan in place if it ends up a different way. I have seen first-time women completely crumble as they see IVF as "finally" the solution and they start planning on being pregnant right after. Well, sometimes you don't get the go ahead to even start stimming, sometimes you don't get to ER, maybe none of your eggs fertilize, or sometimes a fresh transfer doesn't work as you are over-stimulated even though you were planning on "finally being pregnant". Be positive, but be realistic that there is no guarantee at the end and be happy each time you pass the next step. Have and end-game plan so that you have a plan B and can focus on that if things don't work out. Unfortunately there are no guarantees in IF and IVF makes no guarantees for a take-home baby.

• mouse and PAPAKUMA like this

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#29 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

YaenaSK - not pathetic at all! This stuff is freaking hard. When I had a silent miscarriage and they discovered no HB at 10 weeks DH and I were so overcome with emotion and sobbing that they wanted us to leave via another entrance so we wouldn't be passing through the waiting room. So they've definitely seen it all!

Returnable - I know my hopes are very high but these boards have made me see reality that it doesn't always work so I'll just take it one step at a time.

AFM - I got my protocol today. It is antagonist. 150 of gonal f and 75 Menopur and .25 of centrotide. First scan isn't until the 25th of Jan egg retrieval and transfer the week of Feb 6th. The ball officially starts rolling today as I have started provera to get my period then I have a son hsg once that starts and I start BCP until baseline. Ahhhhhh! It has begun! So surreal. In other news I placed an order for my meds with IVFMeds.com and for $2,730 CAD compare to the $4,500 I would have paid here. I AM anticipating that I'll need to buy some meds here because I really think they will increase my dose but I'm glad to have saved on this first order of meds.

How is everyone? Anyone else have anything starting?
  • muffin#1 likes this
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Referral to Dr. Gamelin Aurora (Short notice cancellation - first consult July 7 2014)
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#30 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

C&J - I'm so glad you got your protocol :) When is your orientation? We go in on Tuesday - we are storing up so many questions now. I think I have been dreaming up transfer questions now, all the while trying to remember the possibility the transfer may be delayed, or not happen. I have been struggling with a lot of pessimism lately, I don't know why. I think just all the waiting when I feel ready to just get this going. I am also finally starting to conquer my fears of ER.

We (DH and I) went for a pre-IVF counseling appointment and I have to say, it was actually pretty hilarious. The counselor kept talking to me like, oh, yes, IVF. You must be pretty emotional, all the ups and downs. And I kept trying to say - lady, I haven't *started* the meds yet. Hahaha.

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#31 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

C&J it's nice to have the protocol as now you know what you are in for (physically and financially). Did they give you an idea of the standard length of time for stimming with your protocol? Glad that you had the courage to order online. The price difference though is a huge motivator. I am still considering doing at least half my meds online. Let me know how long it takes for your shipment to arrive and whether you have any issues. With my new protocol I am not sure how long I will stimm for, so it's hard to order "most" of the meds.

Yaena, the emotional component doesn't happen to everyone. I found the meds in my first IVF had no impact on my mood, and I was on pretty high doses (300IU gonal F and 150IU menopur). I know that was one of my biggest fears when we started talking about IVF, but it turned out to be a bust. ER for me was also not so bad, but then I didn't produce too many follicles to begin with. It just felt more pressure than anything during the procedure. The anticipation for the first ER was the worst. They were having trouble with the oxygen monitor, so I was waiting in the procedure room for what seemed like forever, and that's when I started getting stressed out. I think though that was out of the norm as the ladies before me seemed to be in and out pretty quickly (10 minutes or so). Once they were actually ready to do ER it went very fast. We also had to do counselling before IVF but didn't find it overly helpful as DH and I are very good communicators and put our concerns/fears out there.

AFM I'm expecting AF this week, and would then go in for a Day 2/3 AFC baseline. I'm not sure yet when my OCP and cetrotide pretreatment would begin, but I guess I'll find out when I go in. The way my RE explained it is that the follicles for the next cycle are selected by the body the cycle before, so due to the protocol that I am on, their go/no go for me is my AFC this month. At least that is how I understand it. I just can't wait to get this show on the road. While prepping for this next IVF we are also exploring the DE route, so there is lots of info gathering to be done there. This is our last IVF with OE, and since the probability is low, we are preparing for the next step.

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#32 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

YaenaSK - I'm glad I got it too. We've been excused from orientation because I already went to one when I did my super ovulation. I can only imagine all your questions. I bit the bullet and paid $150 for a telephone review with her before everything got started. That's why I got my protocol and she answered all my questions so it was worth it. She was against me transferring 2 blasts (if we even get there) but I'm going to push for it when the time comes. I have not conquered my fears of ER I am also pessimistic like what if I have all these follicles but they're all empty plus how painful is it going to be?? Scary stuff.

Pre IVF counselling is a good idea. I never even considered it. LOl MY emotions are already all over the place before the drugs so I can only IMAGINE what my DH is going to have to deal with when I'm on them. Mind you I'll be 6 hours away so he'll only have to deal with me on the phone lol.

Tuesday is sooo soon. Eek you must be on the edge of your seat.
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#33 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Returnable - they expect me to stim for 12 days so we ordered enough meds at my initial dosage for 12 days. I highly anticipated my meds being increased AND stimming for more than 12 days just given my past experience. I will definitely let you know about the meds from IVFMEDS I didn't put a rush on them as I am not starting stims for about 7 weeks but they guarantee delivery in 2. I had to ship them to my parents in Ontario because they said they have issues with shipping to Saskatchewan. So it'll be a little extra time for my parents to ship them to me.

That's a lot to go through; planning IVF AND looking into DE. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a much better result that what you're anticipating. Are you excited to get started? It's all starting for you so soon.
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#34 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

C&J - I am so jealous that you get to skip the orientation. Only because my boss is more Scrooge than Santa and has started giving me so much heck about time off for doctor's appointments (oh, did I mention she has two perfect kids that she likes to bring to work? Don't get me started... grr..) But I am very much looking forward to question time! I am unsure about whether we'll try to push for 2 blasts or not - after my lap in May, our OB thought there was a tiny chance of a unicornuate uterus - in which case I couldn't carry twins, so that would definitely limit me to transferring one. They backed away from that diagnosis but Dr. Gamelin dropped the unicorn phrase after an IUI once this summer, so I'm wondering if maybe she saw something in the post op and.. you know how our minds go, right? I guess I just want to know if we even have the option to think about!

Our protocol seems to be pretty low-dose - GonalF is only 112.5 and Menopur at 75. It'll be .25 of either Orgalutran or Cetrotide, tbd during the cycle. They're only estimating 10 days of stims for me, too - I responded really quickly to drugs during IUI (typically ready to trigger by the day 10 scan) so I am a little worried about OHSS. But that's why they monitor us so closely, right? I trust Dr. Gamelin completely.

returnable - that sounds like a lot to juggle. I will definitely be keeping fingers, and toes, crossed for you. The waiting really IS the hardest part, and knowing that it's all like a row of dominos - what happens today impacts tomorrow, that impacts next week, that impacts next month, that... ugh. Keep us in the loop!

Also - just having you ladies to chat with and knowing you're going through this process has been such an enormous boost for me. I just want to say a huge thanks for being there.

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#35 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

The se forums have been a God send. I have learned so much and feel that I am not alone.

I get you on the sick days. We get 5 paid days for personal appointments for the year Whig includes sick days. I already see a few doctors for long term follow up so it's tough. Luckily my last ER was on Saturday so I didn't have to take any time off for that. Also, my monitoring clinic is super efficient so I have not been late a single day when I go in for monitoring. We have a very strict time in/out policy at work with no flex what so ever.

Are you guys planning on doing the injections yourselves or have DH'S paticipate? My DH does mine and it makes it so much easier for me and makes it a bonding experience for us as it is finally a chance for him to be a bit more involved.

#36 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 219 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

C&J - so nice you got your protocol! I'll get mine later this month some time. And wow, that is a significant savings by ordering meds online...let me know how it goes. If I did decide to get some of my meds there, I think I'd probably have to order as soon as I get my protocol as I'll be starting stims during the first week in January. Maybe I'll look into getting just the ones that have longer shelf lives and don't require refrigeration.

As far as how many to transfer, you definitely have to do what's right for you, and make sure you're well informed. No right or wrong answer. Personally I'd be pretty nervous about having twins - not really about looking after two babies (would obviously be a ton of work, but bring it on) but about the pregnancy itself, the risks, the automatic c-section etc. If you are under 30 and have good quality blasts, your chance of twins with transferring 2 is really high. Last time I transferred two very mediocre quality 3 day embryos as it was becoming apparent that they may not make it to blast in the lab. Risk of twins there was a lot lower (less than 10%) so I was willing to take the chance.

YaenaSK - Scrooge boss, that sucks! feel free to vent about her and her perfect children any time - I'm sure we can all relate in one way or another ;)  I'm having a hard time figuring time off work too...I've had to take so much time off for various appointments this year that it's getting really difficult to justify more time. It's a work in progress...Oh and if it helps, I was considered higher risk for OHSS because of a high AFC, and I only needed 7 days of low dose stims the last couple times - but I didn't have any OHSS at all :)

returnable - I do all the injections myself. I am comfortable with needles, and my husband is not. His eyes glaze over when I try too hard to get him involved with the technical stuff. He is just nervously awaiting his important contribution lol, I don't think it ever gets any more comfortable - I sympathize, but on the other hand, he ain't the one having needles stuck in his gonads!!

AFM - lupron has been kind to me so far, but I expect it to get worse just in time for christmas hehe. I'm just trying to get my life in order before January. That's another work in progress!

Have you ladies told many family and friends about all of this? I found last time it just added extra pressure, however well-meaning everyone was. Trying to keep it a little quieter this time, but I think it will be difficult.

#37 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

Violetta what do you expect your symptoms to be from lupron?

We have not told anyone about our IF. I find no comfort in having people ask me how I am doing and giving me advice. Plus unless someone had been through this they could never understand.

#38 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 219 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

It makes your estrogen levels drop to post-menopausal levels - so most women get hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness etc. Can't wait! And I'm only half joking, cause at least then I'll know it's working.

Yeah I only told immediate family and close friends last time. It was helpful in a way, and everyone was very supportive and understanding, but I'm still feeling the need to keep this one closer to my chest. If by some miracle this works out, I'd like to be able to tell them on my own terms, and not because they knew I was having a blood test.

#39 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

YaenaSK - that super sucks about your boss. I can totally relate I was bullied out of a job a year ago for the exact same reason. I was an office manager and fully capable of completing my work around my appointments but they were awful to me. I ended up at the labor board got a settlement and left. Now I just work part time as a cashier mostly just to get me out of the house.

I had no idea what a unicornuate utwrua was so I looked it up. That's intense. Does it cause some of your issues with conceiving? I guess if you physically can only handle one blast then that's what you'd have to do. She discouraged me because of my age and diagnosis she thinks it's likely both would stick. I trust her as well but I didn't respond well and I cant help but worry that she's still being too conservative. But I'm just the patient it's likely she knows better.

Returnable - I WISH I could make DH do my injections but unfortunately he'll be at home working the whole time I am six hours away stimming. Boo. It would be a really good way for him to be involved but we simply couldn't afford for him to take that time off. We also haven't told anyone about our IVF. My parents and sister know but his family are out of the loop (he hates all the questions and pressure). I have you guys on here to talk to and I recently joined the Instagram TTC community which has been great.

It's so wonderful to have you ladies to talk to and bounce stuff off of or vent if I ever need to.

Violetta - I will definitely let you know how the online meds go. I have a few more questions via email with them before I submit my payment. Just trying to cross all my T's and such. The saving are phenomenal. I feel like I could handle twins and I want to put everything into our fresh transfer, I think I'd regret not transferring two if it ended in a bfn if that makes any sense. Btw I WISH I only needed 7 days of stims.. I'm a little jealous. I am not however jealous of your Lupron! You poor girl that sounds dreadful. I never had a clue what Lupron did.
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#40 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

violetta : Lupron sounds like a barrel of fun. I hear you though, on appreciating the side effects as a sign the drugs are doing their thing, though. I used to hate the letrozole headache until the doctor explained it was a sign my estrogen was being successfully suppressed - and then I loved every throbbing pain.

returnable: 5 days is tough. Super tough! I am lucky enough to get more - especially since my clinic strongly advises us to take the entire week of ER and transfer off work. I am only struggling to come up with time since the past year has included my laparscopy on top of all the other appointments and "life stuff".

C&J - yeah, when DH played the recording from my OB post-lap to me, where she said she "thought she saw a unicorn during the hysteroscopy" but then didn't during something but then did during another procedure - well, I googled it and then cried for about three days straight. I still wish I knew for sure, and am angry at her for scaring the crap out of me (I didn't have my follow up post surgery for two months - two months of googling and freaking out!) but what am I going to do, really? It's either there or not, and just gotta make the best choices with the information we have. I decided after that, that I was done with diagnostic tests and surgeries, and I just wanted to move forward. Dr. Gamelin agreed with me 100%, and here we are. It would definitely explain our troubles conceiving though.

AFM: We just got confirmation our funding has come through, just in time to hand it over on Tuesday. Ahhh. One stress knocked down! For my injections, DH is involved - I hate needles, even though I don't find these hurt (at least I didn't find the trigger shot hurt at all) - it's just all mental. DH found it hard to do, there may have been a tear or two, but it was really bonding. I will need to get over it and give myself some, though, since there will be a few I will need to do at work as we progress. Also, we have told our parents and siblings we are doing IVF, though not necessary specifics or dates. We have family that have also gone through it, so there is a little bit of awareness. And ironically - we have a family member who is a fertility specialist (who is really good at keeping quiet and not inserting their opinion unless asked). I think we're really, really fortunate to have that kind of awareness and support - mostly on DH's side, but they are the local family, whereas mine is across the country, so we do depend on them more.

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#41 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Honestly I prefer going to work as soon as I can as work keeps me focused on something else. It only gets stressful when I have to go to work when I'm sick as I have to save up my days for appointments. Mind you my job is not physically demanding. My last ER was on a Saturday so I had the day home after, but I would have been okay. I think my RE only recommends a day off after ET. I don't get that one so much as again I am not physically straining myself (I'd probably do more physical things if I stayed home).

Yaena happy that your funding has come through. There's nothing like financial worries on top of the entire process.

Violetta Lupron doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I'll be taking Suprefact during my stimulation phase, so I wonder if the side effects will be similar. I only took that one with my trigger my last cycle.

Is it me, or is this group really small still? Did we get on the trigger too fast?

#42 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:12 AM

YaenaSK - have you asked her to confirm or deny the unicorn diagnosis? That would be one of my very first questions for your review today. Just to really know ya know.
That's amazing that your funding came through! Great timing. That's also good that you have people in the family who really understand what you're going through! We aren't so fortunate. We still get a lot of "just relax it will happen" "it's all in god's plan" and "why don't you just adopt?" So we just don't bother talking about it.

Returnable - I have no idea what time off my doctor advises after ET. That'll be one of the questions I'll have to ask. I think I'd be more comfortable staying home and not doing anything strenuous. I would always wonder if it didn't work if it was because I didn't take it easy. I also work on my feet all day though. This group IS really small and not very active? Maybe it's was just started too soon? Personally I was waiting in the wings for someone to get the ball rolling lol!

AFM I finished my provera and now just have to wait for aunt Flo. In the meantime I broke my freakin' ankle. Ugh. It's a minor break but depending on what Ortho says at my follow up tomorrow I might be looking at a cast for 6 weeks! Hopefully it doesn't mess up my IVF dates. I have a half cast on right now and can't get comfortable enough to sleep. (which is why I'm writing this at 4 in the morning.)
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#43 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

Well perhaps there is a reason why January is not so popular. I just found out today that I won't be stimming until February as my pre-treatment requires an endometrial biopsy. This would fall over the holidays when the clinic is closed, so I'm delayed for a month. Good luck in January ladies! Sorry to hear about your ankle C&J. I don't think it should effect your cycle.

#44 pandora89

pandora89
  • 83 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hi! I am back. I have taken a bit of a hiatus. We first cycled in Jan 2016, I am DOR.5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured the 5th was almost matured they attempted to fertilize all 5 with ISCI and we had 0 fertilization. AMH was .43, FSH was 10. I was 26 at the time.

We took a step back, did some more tests. H's DNA fragmentation test came back at 87% which is awful (anything 30% and below is considered a good score). He is a healthy 28 year old so we were all shocked. RE thought the chances of any problem with his DNA fragmentation were very low. H was put on a high supplement regiment as well (I have been on one since October 2015).

H had his fragmentation retested twice on the same day end of November and the tests came back at 15% and 13%, so we have no idea what happened. We don't know if the supplements actually helped or if there was an error on the first test.

My AMH was also retested and is now .98. FSH has been consistently 5-6. We are hoping we have better success this time. I am much more excited and feeling a better about this cycle. For some reason I just had a feeling that we wouldnt have any fertilization for our last cycle.

We are cycling in January, last cycle was antagonist with 400IU Gonal-F, RE is trying another antagonist with 450 IU menopur. We will probably start around Mid-Jan.

Me - 27 H - 29

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF #2 originally planned for August 2016

06/16 - AMH retested, now .98

DH's sperm fragmentation results came back at 87%, RE said never seen anything that high. IVF put on hold indefinitely.

DH's diet is changed, put on high supplement regiment.

11/16 - Fragmentation retested, results come back at 15% (first test) and 13% (second test)

IVF #2 - Jan 2017

01/18 - AFC- 12, FSH - 13, start stims

01/22 - 3 measurable follicles, 15, 8, 7, begin orgalutran. 

01/24 - 3 measurable follicles, 18, 10, 10

01/26 - 10 follicles - 22, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, 8, 8, 5, 3

IVF#2 - Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
02/15 - AFC 16, FSH 5 - Start 75IU menopur, 300IU gonal-f and orgalutran.

8 retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to blast on day 5, 4th made it on day 6, transferred 1 froze 3.
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172, CP. I am out 

Moving onto FET June 2017

#45 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

returnable - that stinks about the delay. So much waiting is involved in this process, huh? But you're right, I think a lot of clinics close, at least somewhat, over the holidays. I was a little stunned when I found out my cycle will start on Dec 29 (but it worked great for me). I'll be poking my head into the February group to follow along - FX for a successful cycle for you then!

C&J - Ugh. I'm sorry about the ankle! I hope it won't delay things for you, too. I had to laugh (not in the funny laugh but the another-person-with-IF-understands-laugh) at the things your relatives say. I used to work in a counseling agency, and believe it or not - that is what the freaking counselors would say to me. Still do! So unhelpful.

pandora - Welcome to the gang! I don't know much about DNA fragmentation... by much I mean anything really. What does that mean?

AFM - today's orientation day! I have a list (really, a big list) of questions to ask. I think things are going to start moving quickly for me after this - family arriving Thursday for most of a week, then Christmas, then it's time to start stims. Hard to believe but a month from now, if all goes well, ER will likely be done.

• returnable likes this

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#46 pandora89

pandora89
  • 83 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

YaenaSK - I am not fully versed on DNA fragmentation but how our RE explained it to us is that each sperm carries DNA and on average 20-30% of the sperm have fragmented DNA/are damaged. Anything over 30% is considered high and our RE had said he had never seen anything as high as H's 87%.  It can lead to issues with fertilization and healthy pregnancies.

Me - 27 H - 29

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF #2 originally planned for August 2016

06/16 - AMH retested, now .98

DH's sperm fragmentation results came back at 87%, RE said never seen anything that high. IVF put on hold indefinitely.

DH's diet is changed, put on high supplement regiment.

11/16 - Fragmentation retested, results come back at 15% (first test) and 13% (second test)

IVF #2 - Jan 2017

01/18 - AFC- 12, FSH - 13, start stims

01/22 - 3 measurable follicles, 15, 8, 7, begin orgalutran. 

01/24 - 3 measurable follicles, 18, 10, 10

01/26 - 10 follicles - 22, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, 8, 8, 5, 3

IVF#2 - Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
02/15 - AFC 16, FSH 5 - Start 75IU menopur, 300IU gonal-f and orgalutran.

8 retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to blast on day 5, 4th made it on day 6, transferred 1 froze 3.
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172, CP. I am out 

Moving onto FET June 2017

#47 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

Pandora - That sounds terrible :( I am so glad the second test came back with much, much better numbers.

We did our orientation today. Really - 3.5 hours of mostly talk about needles is not a fun afternoon! "This one is going to sting probably, this one will likely give you a rash for a few days - oh, and then there's the one that goes up the lady parts." DH was about ready to grab my hand and yank me out of there! Also, during my consult after, my RE confirmed I have a "funny little uterus" but wasn't ready to slap the unicorn label on it - she is going by what the OBGYN said post-lap, so apparently, one way or another, it's weird down there. They are highly recommending not transferring more than 1, when the time comes, just in case, since if it is unicornuate twins are really bad. We are just going with it.

The RE seems really hopeful for us - apparently we are excellent candidates. I just feel too scared to be hopeful at this point - like I need to guard my heart more, just in case.

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#48 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 135 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hey everyone!  I'm jumping in with your group!  My husband and I had a cycle at the end of October beginning of November and our cycle was cancelled due to poor response on my part.  We were waiting to get into the December/January IVF group on a cancellation, well we just found out today that although there were no cancellations they are squeezing us in anyways!  Thank goodness because I feel terrible on the birth control and I don't want to have to do them again!  I haven't received my protocol yet, but will be starting everything after Christmas!  So excited to get going!

Me - 29  Hubby - 29

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a couple rounds of IVF without success, we are feeling discouraged and wonder if we should keep trying....

#49 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

cj - that's great news! I'm cycling with Aurora during the late December/early January group too. I hope you have a better response to the drugs this time around!

TTC since 2014.

IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

#50 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

Returnable - I called my clinic and asked if my ankle would make a difference. Just waiting for a call back. I hope you're right! That so sucks that you got bumped to February. All this IVF stuff is just "hurry up and wait" such a pain in the ass.

Pandora - welcome to the group. That DNA result changed so drastically! I'm happy for you. Hopefully it all works out this time.

YaenaSK - I can't believe counsellors uses to say those things to you! I'm pretty sure I would have blown up at a mental health professional if they pulled that shit on me! Yay for orientation being done! Hopefully you got all your questions answered. That's so good that Dr. Gamelin is so confident about your chances! Always reassuring when the doctor has high expectations!

Cj123 - welcome to the group! Another Aurora patient! That's 3 of us in this little group. Are you with dr. Gamelin or dr. Case? That's so awesome that they squeezed you in for this upcoming cycle! I'm in the Jan/Feb cycle. I start BCP right away here and I'm not looking forward to it. Seems so counter productive to take BCP while TTC lol! Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle hopefully this one does the trick!
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Missing our angel