580 replies to this topic

#1 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

Hi ladies!

Is anyone else very impatiently awaiting an IVF cycle in January?

It's looking like retrieval will be mid-January sometime. This will be our third attempt. Can't wait to get this show on the road. It's been such a long road so far, I just want to get knocked up already so I can stop obsessing!!

Anyone with me?

• annatarz79 likes this

#2 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

p.s. I wanted to put cool emojis in the thread title like "December FET" has, but I couldn't figure out how... icon_speech_sigh.gif

#3 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

Hey Voiletta
I'm with ya girl and my third attempt too !!

#4 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

Hi again Sunny! Let's hope it's 3 times lucky :-)

You doing anything special to prepare this time? I decided to take CoQ10 this time around. Probably won't do a thing but it can't hurt. Started it a few weeks ago. Other than that and prenatals, I'm not doing anything different.

#5 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

Me too with the co q 10.
I started doing piyo and stopped having a drink every night with supper.
What so you think your protocol will be this time ? Or what was your last protocol ?

#6 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

I also started giving myself breaks at work and overworking myself. I am kinda a workaholic.

#7 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

Switching from antagonist to agonist this time in the hopes of getting better egg quality. My egg numbers weren't too bad the last couple times, but the embryo quality was poor and a lot of them stopped developing early on.  The new protocol is going to involve lupron depot (instead of birth control pills) starting in a few weeks, so I'm getting ready to embrace menopause, haha!

Breaks at work is key. I'm trying to do the same...but some days I barely have time to pee! I'm thinking about trying to take around 2 weeks off, starting a couple days before ER, but I'm not sure how I'll swing it...

#8 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:27 PM

I did the long protocol first and was over down reg'ed and wouldn't respond to the stims even after increasing my gonal.
My last one was an antagonist protocol and I stimmed beautifully and retrieval was a wash !! Only 2 fertilized normally out of 10+ and only 1 made it to day 5 and transferred as a early blast.
I go for a chart review Nov 17 to see wtf happened.
I'm wondering if ghe the high does fried my eggs @ 150 Manopur &300 gonal ?

#9 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

That's so frustrating - It's such an expensive crap shoot! Maybe they will lower the doses a bit to see if they can get quality over quantity next time. Hope your appointment goes well!

I'm pretty scared of being over down-regulated too...I had a pretty robust response to stims on low doses in the antagonist protocol, so I'm trying to mentally prepare for requiring much higher doses after the lupron. And for the extra $$ that it will entail!

#10 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:11 AM

My friggin period is 5 days late !!
He whore showed up before my last beta and now the wench is late. Way to mess with my head :(:(

#11 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:12 AM

My friggin period is 5 days late !!
He whore showed up before my last beta and now the wench is late. Way to mess with my head :(:(

#12 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Arghhh that's so annoying. Mine was a couple days late this time too. As if we haven't waited long enough!! Did you end up getting it?

#13 SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

I know eh !! Yes she showed up yesterday and awful :( !!!
I go next Thursday for my wtf apt. And I'm debating if they let me try again to try in Jan or wait until April ?
We usually go snowmobiling between Xmas and New Years and then again the end of Jan Feb and March ?
I don't want to wait until April I want to try in Jan but I also want to go on vacation ??

#14 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

Hi ladies - I'll be doing my first cycle at the very very end of December/January. (Start stims on December 30th, but retrieval and transfer will be sometime around the week of the 9th of Jan). Feeling pretty terrified - we just got our protocol details today, and our invoice (of course). They have us on an antagonist protocol, so fingers crossed.

ME: 35 36, DH: 40

TTC since 2014.

IUI #1 and #2 - cancelled
IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

IVF #1 - December '16/January '17

One embryo transferred. Two more frozen.

BFP!  Betas 176 and 1897.

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#15 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

Sunny - hope your wtf appointment went well. It's so hard to know what to do when you're trying to plan your life around IVF. It can totally take over everything...I've done each cycle as soon as they would let me, and things sort of fall into place around it somehow. Not always how you might expect it to though.

yaenaSK - hello! Sounds like you'll be a bit ahead of me. I can certainly relate to feeling terrified (especially when seeing that invoice!). A few small random pieces of advice: try not to read too much on the internet, lighten your work schedule and take time off if possible, make sure you have some good comfy stretchy pants, consider learning to love prune juice, and carve out a little time to do things you enjoy on a regular basis, even small things.

#16 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

I'll be joining you guys in January. It will be our second ivf cycle. My first cycle was 2.5 years ago and our embryo quality was very poor. We got very lucky though and although we had only 1 embryo on day 5, it became our son.

Me -29 31- unexplained poor egg quality. I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 - IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSIsad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one". All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#17 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:29 PM

Hi ladies!I will be doing my very first round of IVF mid January. I got bumped up from March so I'm really excited about that! I start provera mid December to get my period and then BCP after that. I don't know what my protocol is yet and I'm nervous about it. I did an iui with injectables last year and I didn't respond well. My estradiol dropped suddenly in the middle of it and I started spotting and only ended up with 1 follicle and a bfn.

What are the benefits of the coq10? Anything else you guys are using to gear up for this cycle? I'm thinking of doing acupuncture. I have to stay in a hotel for the whole cycle because our clinic is 6 hours away in Saskatoon.
Me 28 PCOS + Anovulation + Amenorrhea
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Clomid 50 Mg Jan 2014 - No ovulation
Clomid 100 Mg Feb 2014 - No Ovulation
Clomid 150 Mg March 2014 - No Ovulation
Clomid 200 Mg April 2014 - No Ovulation
Clomid 200 Mg May 2014 - No Ovualtion 
Referral to Dr. Gamelin Aurora (Short notice cancellation - first consult July 7 2014)
Letrozole 2.5mg July 2014 - No Ovulation
Letrozole 2.5 mg August 2014 - No Ovulation
Letrozole 5 mg September 2014 - 1 Follicle - BFN
Letrozole 5mg October 2014 - 1 Follicle - BFN
Letrozole 5 mg November 2014 - 1 Follicle BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg December 2014 - 2 Follicles BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg January 2015 - 2 follicles BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg February 2015 1 follicle BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg + Ovidrel + IUI March 2015 2 follicles - BFN
Letrozole 7.5 mg + Ovidrel + IUI April 2015 1 follicle - BFP
June 26 2015 - no fetal heartbeat - silent miscarriage
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
Gonal f + ovidrel + back to back iui -September 2015 -BFN
October 2015 - letrozole 7.5mg + ovidrel +iui - BFN
January 2017 - IVF #1

#18 Mrs. R

Mrs. R
  • 89 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

Hey Ladies!

I will be starting IVF close to the end of January. I'm just waiting for my period to start and then I start taking Visanne for 2 months to suppress my system. 

This is my 2nd (and most likely my last) crack at it. My 1st cycle was cancelled back in June due to no ovarian response even though I was on the highest dose of hormone they could give me. I had surgery last month and was finally diagnosed with Endo (stage 3), which our doctor said explained the severely diminished ovarian reserve and lack of response to stims.

I am on CoQ10 like many of you, prenatal's, and my clinic also has me taking DHEA 3 times a day. As they put it, they are "throwing the kitchen sink" at this cycle. They said if I will ever respond to stims, now will be the time since they just cleaned up my insides and I'm as young as I'll ever be. I'm also starting back with acupuncture this week. I'm not totally sure what protocol I'm on...I think antagonist like last time. 

I was feeling really excited last week, this week is another story. All the nervousness and apprehensiveness has crept in. My last cycle being cancelled I took very hard. I just don't want to go back to that place you know? This cycle won't be cancelled I was told though. It is a funded cycle, and even if they can only get 2 follicles, they will do a retrieval we were told.

How are you ladies feeling about starting again or for the first time? Wishing the best of luck to you all as you begin yet another journey <3

Began ttc May 2014

Me: 31 DH: 31

Dec. 2015: Diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure

Jan. 2016: Started at fertility clinic

Had tubal dye test - tubes open

Had Sono - low follicle count on ovaries, possible uterine deviation

Feb. 2016: Had hysteroscopy - uterus is normal

Mar. 2016: DH advanced sperm test - normal

Apr. 2016: Told I could have surgery or try IVF - chose IVF

May 2016: IVF "training"

June 2016: IVF#1 - cancelled due to no ovarian response

Oct. 2016: Surgery - diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis 

Nov. 2016: Began adoption process

Jan/Feb 2017: IVF#2 - 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, zero fertilized sad.png

Feb 2017: Became adopt ready in Ontario

#19 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:40 AM

Mrs. R - you're being suppressed for two whole months? is there a reason why?

I'm so sorry about your cancelled cycle - that is one of my biggest fears going into this IVF battle. All that $$$ possibly wasted on drugs just for the cycle to be cancelled.

Speaking of medsI think I'm ordering mine from IVFPharmacy.com has anyone here ever used them? I've read a lot of great reviews and it's almost half the price I would pay here in Saskatchewan. I'm nervous about it but the savings are unbelievable.

I'm definitely going to start this COQ10. I'm also thinking of doing the pom juice and pineapple core. Anyone else ever tried those? What other supplements/vitmamins are you ladies taking and why?

DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Referral to Dr. Gamelin Aurora (Short notice cancellation - first consult July 7 2014)
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#20 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hello all. We found out this week that we got on the funded list for January. This will be my second IVF as I just completed one in October which ended up with one perfect looking blastocyst that was unfortunately chormosomally abnormal. This is our last try with my own eggs. I have DOR due to advanced maternal age and only managed to grow three follicles last time on an estrogen priming antagonist protocol. This time I will be starting my priming with OCP and cetrotide in December, and the IVF will be a microflare protocol.

For my previous cycle my doctor had me on ubiquinol (the active form of CoQ10) 100 mg three times daily and DHEA 25 mg three times daily. For this cycle he does not want me to take the ubiquinol, but continue with the DHEA. During our WTF appointment I asked him whether I should be taking any other supplements, eating anything differently or doing anything differently and he said no. He is the expert, so I follow him on the supplement advice. The only other thing he is a believer in is a glass of red wine every day do to the resveratol in red wine which is a powerful anti-oxidant that has shown positive effects on "old eggs" by some studies. I'm not a big wine drinker, so I'm not sure I'll do that one. Other than that my RE and other docs that I see have me taking Pregvit, vitamin D and folic acid.

I am feeling a bit less enthusiastic about this cycle as I know our chances are low for a clinical pregnancy (about 15%). We were actually told our funded cycle would not come until the end of 2017, so gave up on using my own eggs and started informing ourselves about DE. If this IVF does not work out, we will pursue that path.

Since doses are high for me, we spent almost $7000 on medication last cycle, and I went to the pharmacy here in Ontario that sells the drugs at cost +2% to cover credit card fees as well as using Gonal F overfills on the multidose pens. We also started looking into getting the medication online, but I do have concerns about medication quality (how has it been stored, expiry dates, etc.), Canada customs and how much to order. An alternate, though not as cheap as the online pharmacies is getting the gonal f in a multidose vial form. We found that with the Gonal F multidose pens, each pen had about 75IU overfill. I have been told that the 450IU multidose vial is filled to 600IU as the pharmaceutical companies expect a greater loss with the use of syringes.

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#21 C&J

C&J
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

Returnable - sorry to hear about your failed cycle in October. Hopefully this protocol works better for you. What is a micro flare protocol?

What are the benefits of dhea? Where did you get the ubiquinol? Are there different types of COQ10?

I wish my doctor encouraged me to have a glass of red haha!

That's awesome that your cycle is funded. That's a lot to spend on meds though!
DH 31 Healthy
6 months natural BFN
Missing our angel
Praying for our rainbow
January 2017 - IVF #1

#22 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

My microflare protocol starts with 4 to 5 days of cetrotide right before my period I think and then I stimulate with gonal-F, menopur and Suprefact. Trigger will be HCG.

CoQ10 has two forms: ubiquinone and ubiquinol. Ubiquinol is supposedly more efficiently absorbed by the body so it has a better efficacy. Supplement sold as CoQ10 are in the ubiquinone form. They are cheaper than ubiquinol. We got out ubiquinol (sold under that name) from Costco.

Some studies have shown DHEA to be beneficial for age related DOR for "waking up" additional eggs. There are studies that have not agreed with this effect and some studies that have shown DHEA to reduce quality. That is why it is not a good idea to take supplements without a doctor's recommendation. My RE believes that for my case it will do more good than harm.

I took the ubiquinol as ordered as well for about 6 months but just so you know I had wicked gas and horrible insomnia. At our house we call ubiquinol "the farting pill". With DHEA I have oily skin and some breakouts.

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#23 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

Hi everyone!

So glad to have you girls to go through this with.

C&J - I bought my ubiquinol at Costco too. Supposedly it has resulted in better egg quality in animal studies, but there is really no good evidence that it works in humans. The risks however appear to be low, so I decided to take it. I'm using 200 mg twice daily. Actually, to be more accurate, i'm taking 200 mg in the morning, and 100 mg at night, with the addition of 100 mg of ubiquinone (the regular form of CoQ10, which is much less expensive) at night. Oh and you were asking about Mrs R being suppressed for two months - I believe it's because of her endometriosis - it helps shrink it a bit before the stims. Commonly used strategy in protocols for endometriosis. I'm suppressed on Lupron for 2 months first.

returnable - were you able to find the multidose vial for gonal-f? I asked for it the last time at my clinic pharmacy, but they didn't know what I was talking about. I'm sure any pharmacy could order it in though. I blew through my lifetime maximum for fertility drug coverage long ago, so I'm trying to find ways of saving some cash this time around. I'm also going to need higher doses as I'll be suppressed before this time. Last couple times I used not only the overfill that the pens would inject, but also whatever I could draw out of them with a syringe. I was thinking of going to Glen Shields pharmacy this time, even though it's a drive. Ordering meds online gives me the willies...P.S. i love my red wine, so interesting to hear your RE's take on it - I am totally cracking open a bottle tonight!

#24 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

It's good to know I am in good company for this cycle :) I have so much respect for those of you in your second or third (or more) attempt at this - sometimes I feel like I am so nervous I may not make it to the first try.

violetta - thanks for the tips! I have been stocking up on stretchy pants. I think I'm lucky that leggings and tunics are acceptable work clothes for me. I am trying to figure out the time off thing - my clinic advised me to take the week of ER and transfer off, but I am debating taking a little extra. I am already trying to formulate a plan for the TWW since I am the most impatient person. January in Saskatoon is not a great time for distraction either.

C&J - sounds like we'll be going through the same clinic. I'm technically doing the December cycle (it just starts so late in December that 99% of it is in early/mid January). I'm guessing you're in the January cycle? I hope you have a good experience. Staying in a hotel would add an extra level of stress - that is really tough.

ME: 35 36, DH: 40

TTC since 2014.

IUI #1 and #2 - cancelled
IUI #3 - BFN
IUI #4 - cancelled

IVF #1 - December '16/January '17

One embryo transferred. Two more frozen.

BFP!  Betas 176 and 1897.

First U/S Feb 16 - HB 125. Measuring at 6w6d and looking strong. EDD Oct 5/17 smile.png

#25 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

Violetta I still haven't heard back from Glen Shields. Usually they are really good for responding. It's a bit of a drive for me too but worth it. We lost DH's ivf med coverage two weeks before we were suppose to start the first IVF. It really sucked especially since it came without warning.

Yaena you will see you'll get excited when you get your meds and you'll be starting. It's such a long time coming I am sure.