#51 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

Sorry no. I didn't record any of my IVF cycle bloodwork.

See profile for my IF history.

#52 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:01 AM

Aurora good luck on your u/s today. Let us know where you stand. How are you feeling on the stims?

• auroraB likes this

#53 auroraB

auroraB
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:27 PM

Thanks returnable! u/s is tomo at 7:30. Will update!

I'm doing okay on stims... Feeling a little crampy this time. I like to think that it means more is happening down there than the last IVF. LOL

Just praying that I'll still be in the game after the ultrasound. Major FX happening today.... always one more obstacle to go after the other!!

DOR

March 2014

1st round IVF w/ICSI EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

5 follicles 3 eggs retrieved

2 fertilized

1x7b and a 7c transfered at day 3

1st beta 98 2nd beta 106

treated for ectopic

September 2014

2nd round IVFw/ICSI

EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

Ultrasound/blood  on Sept 24th 6 follicles ranging 9 to 14

Ultrasound/blood sept 26th 7 follicles ranging 10 to 17

Sunday Sept 28 retrieved 3 eggs

Monday sept 29th 1 egg fertilized

Wednesday oct 1 3 day transfer 1- 5c cell embryo

HPT 10dp3dt  th_abfp.gif

1st Beta= 214 smile.png

2nd Beta= 548 yahoo.gif

Ultrasound October 31st 6 weeks 6 days HB 172 preggo.gifbaby girl born June 26th Emoticons01015.gif

Oct 2016 - 40 and trying again!!!

3rd round IVF w/ICSI / EPP

Nov 2nd stimms start 150 menopur/300 Gonal-F

U/s nov 8th -4 follicles 14,13,11,6

u/s nov 10th -19,16,13

Trigger nov 10th

ER 4 eggs! 2 fertilized

Tranferred 1x 8b and 1x 5c

BFN

December 2016 here we go again...

4th round ivf w/ ICSI/EPP

Jan 4th stimms start 150 men/300 gonal-f

#54 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

Here's hoping it's a good sign. Good luck at the u/s.

#55 Marbear66

Marbear66
  • 68 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic in Calgary,AB

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

Is there a certain brand of Vitamin D , Q10 that you guys use? Just looking to start taking more vitamins for my next round of IVF. I was looking into taking DHEA,Q10 and Vitamin D, prental (already taking before Kirkland brand) Omega 3. Would anyone recommend anything else?

AuroraB - I'm not too sure what my E2 was they didn't tell me at all, I think if they don't call you it is in the normal range. Good luck at your U/S ! 😊

#56 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

Marbear I think it is really important to discuss supplements with your RE rather than self medicate. In some cases DHEA has been shown to have negative effects on egg quality.

With thay being said, for my first IVF my RE had me take 100mg three times daily ubiquinol (I did the a Weber naturals brand from Costco as it is the cheapest I was able to find). He also had me take vitamin D, Pregvit presciption prenatal vitamins and 25 mg three times a day DHEA. At least here in Ontario DHEA has to be bought in special pharmacies that compiund it usually just for IVF patients. The ubiquinol is a more easily absorbed form of CoQ10 according to some (it is also much more expensive).

For my next IVF my RE had me drop the ubiquinol. I'm not sure why yet as we are waiting for our PGS result before we meet with him again.

Again I highly recommend you consult with your RE. If you have doubts about your RE get another opinion. I am also a firm believer that things have both positive and negative effects (whether natural or manufactured) so I leave it to the experts who know to leave it in their hands. I do some reading of peer reviewed medical journals to gain some understanding and to discuss with RE but in the end I trust that they are doing the best for me. I don't do this blindly of course.

Sorry about the rant. I'm tired from the time change :)
  • Wen1218 likes this

#57 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • 54 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

Hi ladies, 

I will start cycling soon too. Expecting my day 1 for pretreatment at the end of this week. I just got the diagnosis for DOR last week, and had unexplained infertility as a diagnosis before. Not fun to see it officially on the paperwork. Haven't had a chance yet to read all your posts yet, but I plan to do that soon. 

It will be my first IVF cycle, and I am switching between being extremely nervous to extremely excited multiple times per day. Hope you're holding up just fine. If we manage to get some fertilized eggs we'll do a freeze all cycle. 

• auroraB and Wen1218 like this

I have my own blog about infertility:

https://fertilityfinance.wordpress.com/ 

I blog about my upcoming IVF cycle and the cost of infertility. 

#58 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

SunnySkies welcome. There are lots of ladies, Aurora included who have gone on to have healthy babies despite a DOR diagnosis. May I ask what were your FSH, AMH, AFC numbers? Please include units for AMH as there are two ways of reporting the value.

Just know that you are not alone. What will your protocol be?

• auroraB likes this

#59 auroraB

auroraB
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

Well Ladies.. I'm still in the game!

u/s showed 4 follicles @ 14,13,11,6 and 2 smaller ones. E2 was 1226 today. Will go back on Thursday for another u/s.

Marbear, returnable has given some great advice!

Sunnyskies it so isn't easy to hear the results... but there is hope for success!

• Wen1218 likes this

DOR

March 2014

1st round IVF w/ICSI EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

2 fertilized

1st beta 98 2nd beta 106

treated for ectopic

September 2014

2nd round IVFw/ICSI

EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

HPT 10dp3dt  th_abfp.gif

1st Beta= 214 smile.png

2nd Beta= 548 yahoo.gif

Ultrasound October 31st 6 weeks 6 days HB 172 preggo.gifbaby girl born June 26th Emoticons01015.gif

u/s nov 10th -19,16,13

Trigger nov 10th

ER 4 eggs! 2 fertilized

BFN

#60 V016

V016
  • 1000+
  • 1,528 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

Sunnyskies- I have been diagnosed with DOR at a young age and i know it took me a lot of cycles but i now have a 17 month old and just got my beta today im pregnant again through fresh cycle i just did which i had 14 follicles!!!! And ended up with 5 or 6 blastocyst cant remember now pregnancy brains are hitting me hard already lol. Dont loose hope because even if you have DOR, is the quality that counts not the quantity.

Good luck.

Aurora that's fantastic. Few more days of stims and you should trigger. Im sure more will pop up. Good luck.
  • auroraB and Wen1218 like this
Me:30 Immune Issues DH:34 TTC since 2009

IVf #1 outside the country. Cant remember the details but was a BFN

3 IUI's with clomid BFN. why isn't this working...In process of doing immune testing. Have to do 2 LIT's and IVIG

LIT #1 April 2013
LIT #2 May 2013 Currently taking Metformin, PregVit, Vitamin D 200iu.Septum surgery May 24, 2013.
LIT boost with donor blood August 2013.September 9 Endo Biopsy and blood test.

IVF #2 October! ER October 22. 8 retrieved, 4 fertilized, ET October 27. 2 Made it to transfer day. Transferred 1 (3AB) 1 (5BB) left to freeze. 8dp5dt HPT BFN latter that day AF showed. November 6 BETA BFN

FET#1 December 16, 2013. Beta December 27. 7dp5dt hpt positive!!! I can't believe it!! Beta #1 December 27 Low Beta #2 December 29 77 still low but it has doubled. Beta #3 December 31 28 Stopped all meds m/c January 4, 2014 at 5 weeks

IVF#3 April 2014. Gonal F and Repronex. ER April 9. Beta #1 11dp5dt 364 Beta #2 14dp5dt 894 Bets #3 16dp5dt 1590 Beta #4 18dp5dt 3,311 No more betas thank God! Ok maybe one more Beta #5 21dp5dt 10,838 Now I mean it no more betas!! Viability u/s May 16 Ultrasound #1 at 5 weeks 5 days due to some bleedingwas only 99 bpm. U/S #3 at 7 weeks 5 days. Baby measured 6 weeks 2 days. Dr. said to take the pills as this is a m/s or to wait few weeks. U/S #4 at 9 weeks. Baby still measuring 6 weeks 2 days. U/S # 5 at 10 weeks. Is official. Baby stopped developing at 6 weeks 2 days. Took Misoprostol to induce m/s.M/S "10" weeks.

FET # 2 August 2014 htp 6dp5dt BFP Beta #1 12dp5dt 291Beta #2 14dp5dt 625 U/S #1 at 6 weeks 5 days. All looks good. Measuring 2 days behind heartbeat 124 bpm U/S #2 at 8 weeks. Measuring on track. Heartbeat 156 bpm.

19 week u/s We are having a GIRL!!!! May 2015 our daughter is here

IVF# 4 October 12, 2016.  ER October 22. 8 retrieved, 7 fertelized. ET October 27 transferred 1 blastocyst 5AB. Froze 4 blastocyst on day 5. 5dp5dt HPT Negative. 7dp5dt HPT fait positive. Beta November 8 595!! Beta November 10 1650! Viability u/s November 29.

#61 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Aurora so happy for you! how does this response compare to your first time?

#62 auroraB

auroraB
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Thanks returnable!

Less than last time but this time there isn't a lead follicle to far ahead. Hopefully the top 3 grow close together.

Last time I had to trigger with one lead follicle and a few just becoming measurable size. 3 eggs and one fertilized so my guess the others were immature.

DOR

March 2014

1st round IVF w/ICSI EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

2 fertilized

1st beta 98 2nd beta 106

treated for ectopic

September 2014

2nd round IVFw/ICSI

EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

HPT 10dp3dt  th_abfp.gif

1st Beta= 214 smile.png

2nd Beta= 548 yahoo.gif

u/s nov 10th -19,16,13

Trigger nov 10th

ER 4 eggs! 2 fertilized

BFN

#63 begin.again

begin.again
  • 35 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

Hi ladies. Some of you probably know me from the Oct IVF group. Long story short I was converted from IVF to IUI on day 11 because of my 7 follicles only 2 were mature. I have DOR...

Just curious what everyone's FSH number was going into your current cycle? My FSH was 10 before this cycle, but has come back once at 16. My AMH is 3.2 ng/ml.

#64 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

Begin.again all I know is that my FSH was okay to proceed. Octoberncycle. Find out my FSH and E2 for my October cycle the next time I go to my clinic. I've had 8, 18.6, and 11 so I seem to be all ver the place. I was just so happy to get the go ahead in October that I didn't care. Joe I want to know.

Your IUI didn't work? I'm glad you found us here.

#65 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:38 AM

Aurora glad that this cycle sounds better. Are you travelling back and forth between home and the clinic or are you staying close to the clinic for a couple of weeks?

#66 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

My AMH was measured at 8.1 pmol/L (the standard Canadian measurement).That was about a year ago, and I recently had it tested again, but still waiting to hear those results back. My FSH was <10 and the AFC was ~8-10/ovary. So, my AMH is the only number that is lot a lower than expected. 

aurora Best of luck with your ultrasound tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful eggs! 

V106 That is awesome news!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Super happy for you!! The doctor also emphasized the quality over quantity issues, so I am feeling fairly positive for our upcoming cycle. Not really sure what to expect yet: egg wise and also how it is all going to go, and how I'll feel, but I am just taking it 1 day at the time. 

I am going to do the antagonist protocol. I'll do pre-treatment with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. So with the testosterone, I expect a nice mustache just in time for Movember :P The stimulation will be with gonal F and menopur, and centrotide to prevent early ovulation. 

• auroraB and begin.again like this

#67 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

I know it is not a fun diagnosis (guess none of them are fun), but I am happy to have found this thread. Makes me feel less lonely out there :) 

• auroraB, Wen1218 and returnable like this

#68 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

My AMH was measured at 8.1 pmol/L (the standard Canadian measurement).That was about a year ago, and I recently had it tested again, but still waiting to hear those results back. My FSH was <10 and the AFC was ~8-10/ovary. So, my AMH is the only number that is lot a lower than expected. 

aurora Best of luck with your ultrasound tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful eggs! 

V106 That is awesome news!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Super happy for you!! The doctor also emphasized the quality over quantity issues, so I am feeling fairly positive for our upcoming cycle. Not really sure what to expect yet: egg wise and also how it is all going to go, and how I'll feel, but I am just taking it 1 day at the time. 

I am going to do the antagonist protocol. I'll do pre-treatment with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. So with the testosterone, I expect a nice mustache just in time for Movember tongue.png The stimulation will be with gonal F and menopur, and centrotide to prevent early ovulation. 

Sunnyskies how old are you? I ask as AMH value is age-specific. Your FSH and AFC look great. Have a read of the summary I did on AMH when I was learning about this topic. It may be helpful for you:

http://ivf.ca/forums...it-explanation/

I'm also glad that you found us. I feel exactly the same that I don't feel so alone in this process. It does not change my outcome, but it certainly changes my attitude. Your protocol is similar to mine, though I didn't do the progesterone and testosterone. I am sure you won't be taking it for too long, so the facial hair shouldn't be at play. I am pretty fair and I started to darken up on my upper lip and I have a feeling it started when I started on the ubiquinol. My RE just had me stop it to prepare for my next IVF, so I'll see if my lip starts lightening up again (it's actually not the hair, but the skin itself).

• SunnySkies likes this

#69 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for the link returnable. That is a really nice summary. 

I just turned 32, so I was 31 when I had the 8.1 AMH value recorded. It is fairly low for my age, but high enough to still have some expectations for IVF. That is at least what I understood from the doctor. 

I was joking about the facial hair. If it happens I hope it will go away with time again. My husband seemed super excited about the prospect of me carrying the groceries home. Just in case I'll bulk up on the testosterone. 

#70 V016

V016
  • 1000+
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

Sunny lol you're funny 😆

Your protocol sounds like a good plan though. I hope you make some good eggs. We have the same age. I will turn 32 soon.

Returnable either my doctor at that time was an idiot or AMH and age are not connected. I was 23 and AMH was 3 something at that time. I never checked again or at least was never told the number after that but i know my FSH was 11-12 at that time. Really high for my age. Anyway this cycle was 7 or 8 something like that and it was my best cycle to date. I guess the older we get the more eggs we make lol

As for the facaial hair thing, i heard DHEA will do that to you thats the reason i never took it even though it improves egg quality.

3 IUI's with clomid BFN. why isn't this working...In process of doing immune testing. Have to do 2 LIT's and IVIG

LIT #1 April 2013
LIT #2 May 2013 Currently taking Metformin, PregVit, Vitamin D 200iu.Septum surgery May 24, 2013.

IVF #2 October! ER October 22. 8 retrieved, 4 fertilized, ET October 27. 2 Made it to transfer day. Transferred 1 (3AB) 1 (5BB) left to freeze. 8dp5dt HPT BFN latter that day AF showed. November 6 BETA BFN

FET#1 December 16, 2013. Beta December 27. 7dp5dt hpt positive!!! I can't believe it!! Beta #1 December 27 Low Beta #2 December 29 77 still low but it has doubled. Beta #3 December 31 28 Stopped all meds m/c January 4, 2014 at 5 weeks

IVF#3 April 2014. Gonal F and Repronex. ER April 9. Beta #1 11dp5dt 364 Beta #2 14dp5dt 894 Bets #3 16dp5dt 1590 Beta #4 18dp5dt 3,311 No more betas thank God! Ok maybe one more Beta #5 21dp5dt 10,838 Now I mean it no more betas!! Viability u/s May 16 Ultrasound #1 at 5 weeks 5 days due to some bleedingwas only 99 bpm. U/S #3 at 7 weeks 5 days. Baby measured 6 weeks 2 days. Dr. said to take the pills as this is a m/s or to wait few weeks. U/S #4 at 9 weeks. Baby still measuring 6 weeks 2 days. U/S # 5 at 10 weeks. Is official. Baby stopped developing at 6 weeks 2 days. Took Misoprostol to induce m/s.M/S "10" weeks.

FET # 2 August 2014 htp 6dp5dt BFP Beta #1 12dp5dt 291Beta #2 14dp5dt 625 U/S #1 at 6 weeks 5 days. All looks good. Measuring 2 days behind heartbeat 124 bpm U/S #2 at 8 weeks. Measuring on track. Heartbeat 156 bpm.

IVF# 4 October 12, 2016.  ER October 22. 8 retrieved, 7 fertelized. ET October 27 transferred 1 blastocyst 5AB. Froze 4 blastocyst on day 5. 5dp5dt HPT Negative. 7dp5dt HPT fait positive. Beta November 8 595!! Beta November 10 1650! Viability u/s November 29.

#71 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:35 PM

V016 definiyely AMH levels are age related as they are a measure of your remaining egg reserve. You are definitely lucky that your IVF response has improved since last time.

I noticed the darkening of the skin before I started the DHEA but was already on ubiquinol. I haven't noticed too much with the DHEA just some minor pimples here and there.
  • Wen1218 likes this

#72 auroraB

auroraB
  • Global 100+
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Hi ladies. Some of you probably know me from the Oct IVF group. Long story short I was converted from IVF to IUI on day 11 because of my 7 follicles only 2 were mature. I have DOR...

Just curious what everyone's FSH number was going into your current cycle? My FSH was 10 before this cycle, but has come back once at 16. My AMH is 3.2 ng/ml.

Hi begin.again

mine is 8

• begin.again likes this

DOR

March 2014

1st round IVF w/ICSI EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

2 fertilized

1st beta 98 2nd beta 106

treated for ectopic

September 2014

2nd round IVFw/ICSI

EPP

150 menopur/300 gonal f

HPT 10dp3dt  th_abfp.gif

1st Beta= 214 smile.png

2nd Beta= 548 yahoo.gif

u/s nov 10th -19,16,13

Trigger nov 10th

ER 4 eggs! 2 fertilized

BFN

#73 begin.again

begin.again
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

I am SO GLAD I found you guys on here!!!   It's a lonely journey having DOR.  I'm so happy to read that a few of you have had success and babies!!!!  Congrats!  My IVF/IUI last month didn't work unfortunately... so I am stuck trying to decide whether to try IVF again in December or move on to donor eggs.  Been looking into it.  I'm a poor responder and was on the max dose of meds.  Just stopped DHEA - it was giving me bad acne,  and I'm pretty convinced my hair was falling out faster and I was going bald LOL. 

I am 33 and have been TTC for almost 2 years now.  My FSH is super high for my age.  Funny thing is my AMH came back normal.  No explanation for that.  My doctor doesn't think my response will improve if I try again, but I can't help but wonder.  My AFC count was only 3 on each side.  Also super disappointing and way lower than all of you :(  

returnable - my RE does IVF on anyone with FSH under 12 apparently. Mine came back all over the place too.  Do you have plans to do another IVF cycle right away?

#74 V016

V016
  • 1000+
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

I am SO GLAD I found you guys on here!!!   It's a lonely journey having DOR.  I'm so happy to read that a few of you have had success and babies!!!!  Congrats!  My IVF/IUI last month didn't work unfortunately... so I am stuck trying to decide whether to try IVF again in December or move on to donor eggs.  Been looking into it.  I'm a poor responder and was on the max dose of meds.  Just stopped DHEA - it was giving me bad acne,  and I'm pretty convinced my hair was falling out faster and I was going bald LOL. 

I am 33 and have been TTC for almost 2 years now.  My FSH is super high for my age.  Funny thing is my AMH came back normal.  No explanation for that.  My doctor doesn't think my response will improve if I try again, but I can't help but wonder.  My AFC count was only 3 on each side.  Also super disappointing and way lower than all of you :(  

returnable - my RE does IVF on anyone with FSH under 12 apparently. Mine came back all over the place too.  Do you have plans to do another IVF cycle right away?

I understand what you mean and im sorry your cycle didnt work out. However moving on the donor eggs is a very big decision and i dont think you should go that route at least not yet. It took me a long time to get my daugher, but shes here and i just found out im pregnant after our fresh cycle. I say change clinics. Clearly your dr is not very optimistic. My dr doesn't believe in quantity he wants quality even if that means one egg. He is an amazing dr and im so glad i found him. The reason i said change clinik is because i had a dr prior to my current one that said if i dont have a baby in the next 3 years, i will never become a mother especially with my own eggs. Well he was an idiot for saying something like that to me at age 24. Here i am 7 years latter and have a beautiful daughter. Dont give up hope. I hope you have the financial means to proceed to another cycle. But i do recommend you change your lifestyle. Take lots of vitamis and be stress free when you cycle.
  • Wen1218 likes this

LIT #1 April 2013

#75 begin.again

begin.again
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:54 PM

Thanks VO16 and congrats on your pregnancy!  The minimum number of mature eggs has to be 4 for me to proceed to egg retrieval at my clinic. I had 2..... I definitely might get a second opinion before I move on to a donor.  It would surely be my best chance of success, but it's so hard to accept that. 

Did you take CoQ10 / Ubiquinol or DHEA for you most recent cycle or past successful cycle?  I was wondering if it was doing more harm than good for me.

At what point do any of your RE's consider a cycle unsuccessful and suggest not proceeding to egg retrieval?