#526 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

I'm out.  Officially.  Beta was negative.  After a lot of tears and some mini panic attacks this weekend, I'm feeling better today.  It's still scary to think that I'm officially "one and done."  I am incredibly blessed to have my daughter and I know how much of a miracle she is and I treasure the fact I was blessed with her.

The act of moving on is a lot harder than just saying it.  Usually after every failed cycle I would have the next cycle to focus on and distract me, but not this time and it's a bit weird.

I am so sorry to hear about your result. Be good to yourself and take time to grieve, because that's what this process is about and it is normal to grieve this result. Big hug IW.

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#527 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

Thanks Ladies! 

#528 Marbear66

Marbear66
  • 84 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic in Calgary,AB

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Hey everyone , so I started spotting yesterday and then this morning for sure my AF took a pregnancy test just to make sure and it's a strong negative. Guess we will have to try again next time. Very frustrating I haven't even got a positive result at all. Like something would be great.

Hope everyone else is doing well. ☺️

#529 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

I am so sorry about your results Marbear. Any idea when you can cycle next for another IVF try?

Two IVFs and no chromosomally normal blasts to transfer...we are done with my eggs.

#530 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

Marbear66 - I am so sorry! Hang in there!! xoxo

#531 Marbear66

Marbear66
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

I can probably start another cycle in May or June I'm assuming. I will know more on april 19th.

#532 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Anyone else have their DH taking any vitamins? Myself and my partner just started CoQ10 the first of April! 

#533 Marbear66

Marbear66
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

My husband was taking those antioxants and didn't seem to help him at all. We are going to try something different and hopefully that will help him. I'm taking the CoQ10 & DHEA and I think it worked for me. :)

Hope everyone else is doing good.
  • Bre likes this

#534 pandora89

pandora89
  • 83 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

I haven't been around much recently but just another quick update.

The blast we transferred first week of March that I had thought I had a CP with ended up being an ectopic. I ended up bleeding into my abdomen but thankfully the tube did not burst. The numbers have been going up and down but its finally down to 82. I did not expect this to go on for so long.

I am glad the tube did not have to be removed but we are doing an HSG after and if there is blockage in the tube, we will probably take it out then. I am not sure when we will get to do our FET.

Me - 27 H - 29

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF #2 originally planned for August 2016

06/16 - AMH retested, now .98

DH's sperm fragmentation results came back at 87%, RE said never seen anything that high. IVF put on hold indefinitely.

DH's diet is changed, put on high supplement regiment.

11/16 - Fragmentation retested, results come back at 15% (first test) and 13% (second test)

IVF #2 - Jan 2017

01/18 - AFC- 12, FSH - 13, start stims

01/22 - 3 measurable follicles, 15, 8, 7, begin orgalutran. 

01/24 - 3 measurable follicles, 18, 10, 10

01/26 - 10 follicles - 22, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, 8, 8, 5, 3

IVF#2 - Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
02/15 - AFC 16, FSH 5 - Start 75IU menopur, 300IU gonal-f and orgalutran.

8 retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to blast on day 5, 4th made it on day 6, transferred 1 froze 3.
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172, CP. I am out 

Moving onto FET June 2017

#535 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Pandora89 -  I am so sorry! I hope you are ok, hang in there! xoxo

#536 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Ladies, anyone have a late period after a failed IVF ? 

Thanks!!

#537 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

Hey! Anyone ever do an embryo freeze all ?? Then do a transfer a few months after?

Thanks!!

#538 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

Hi Bre. I did a freeze all cycle back in December. I think my RE said you can transfer the next cycle if you want to, but I opted for a month off and ended up doing the transfer mid February. So once the embryos are frozen, you are pretty flexible on when you want to do the transfer. I did like the idea of giving your body some time to recover and rebalance instead of transferring right after a fresh IVF cycle. 

• Bre likes this

I have my own blog about infertility:

https://fertilityfinance.wordpress.com/ 

I blog about my upcoming IVF cycle and the cost of infertility. 

#539 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

Thanks sunnyskies :) Appreciate it!

#540 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

Are  you going to start cycling again soon Bre?

How is everyone else doing? Any updates / important dates coming up?

#541 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

SunnySkies -  I think so, we are trying to change our diet a little lol! How about you?

What are your thoughts on Invocell IVF/Effortless IVF?

Hope all is well :)

#542 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hi Bre. Exciting that you might try another cycle. How is the diet change going? Are you taking any supplements or more focusing on healthy eating? 

I don't have any experience with Invocell IVF, but I did a quick search if there is any scientific publication about it. I found 3 publications:

1.  A small study with 10 women. On average, after IVF egg retrieval, 8 mature oocytes were placed in the invocell, and the invocell was then inserted for 3 days. After 3 days, the device was removed and 1-3 embryos were transferred. These embryos were then compared to the oocytes that were retrieved at the same time, but instead of placed in the invocell they did conventional IVF (no ICSI). Comparing the groups showed that fertilization was better in the IVF group, and there was a higher number of high quality embryos (suitable for transfer) in the IVF group.  They mention a clinical pregnancy rate of 30% for the invocell device in this study. But the number of participants is so low (10 in total) that it is not really a reliable number. 

2. The second study compared the Invocell-ICSI (24 cycles) with IVF-ICSI (74 cycles). In this study, on average 5 oocytes were placed in the invocell. There was no difference in embryo quality on day 3. The pregnancy rate between the groups was similar, but more embryos were transferred in the Invocell-ICSI group which likely influences the pregnancy rate. 

3. A total of 40 women participated in the third study: 20 with the invocell and 20 with convential IVF.  IVF resulted in a greater number of higher quality embryos, but the quality of the embryos that were transferred was still the same between the groups. The clinical pregnancy rate and live birth rate were also similar between the groups. 

So overall not a lot of studies done using the Invocell device. The first study is very preliminary with only 10 participants, but it shows that a clinical pregnancy is possible using the device. The other studies have better numbers, but show slightly different results. In general, it seems that if you have enough embryos to select the ones with the highest quality for transfer, you will have a similar pregnancy rate as when you do conventional IVF. 

I didn't find any data on how well women with DOR would do this device. One study doesn't mention the exact inclusion criteria, but for the other two studies you needed a AMH of at 1.1 or 1.0 ng/mL. So not sure how the results would be for someone with low(er) AMH.

• Bre likes this

#543 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

Nice summary SunnySkies. There seemed to be a lot of hooplah a couple of years ago about Invocell and now it just seems like crickets.

#544 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 AM

Sunnyskies - Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it ! :)

We are really on the fence ! Its so hard to know what to do, when there is so much time, money, and emotions invested in every cycle!! As you girls know !! 

How are you ladies doing? Its so nice having this support, it keeps me going!! 

#545 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,909 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 AM

Bre we are on the donor egg route. Close to knowing whether we qualify for the assured program (guaranteed take home baby or your money back kind of deal). After that it depends on how the schedule works out whether we transfer in July or October.

#546 SunnySkies

SunnySkies
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 AM

This thread was so important to me when I was cycling! Just a place for daily venting/ranting/hoping and panicking with people who understand. Keep writing here.

It is so difficult figuring out what the best treatment is even with guidance from the doctor. I tried to keep in mind that whichever treatment you choose, you are trying something and giving it a good shot. And don't try to look back at the could-have, would-have and should-have. 

Returnable: Fingers crossed for the qualification! 

AFM: doing well (16 weeks pregnant), but don't want to write too much about it in this thread. 

• returnable likes this