3 replies to this topic

#1 CHOP28

CHOP28
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

Hi Everyone!

DH and I are going be starting our 2nd round of IVF in November.  DH has cystic fibrosis so he has obstructive azoospermia.  My Dr. advised him to take Fertilpro for 3 months prior to us starting our IVF.  We have been waiting so long to do another round and I am not sure it will be worth it to wait another couple months.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and had success with improving sperm quality using Fertilpro? Specifically with obstructive azoospermia.

Thanks!

#2 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:30 AM

I don't have any experience to weigh in on this with.  But just wanted to say that we probably have the exact same fertility issue as you.  My husband doesn't have CF but is a carrier for CF which has caused his CBAVD which is an obstructive azoospermia.  We are doing our first IVF starting in a couple weeks.  DH has just been on men's multivitamins for the last few months and we are hoping that his sperm quality is good when they extract them, we will find out then I guess!  Do you mind me asking what happened with your first IVF?

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#3 CHOP28

CHOP28
  • 38 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

I don't mind at all!  Our first IVF we retrieved 16 eggs, 12 fertilized and we had 9 embryos until day 3, and then by day 5 only 1 had made it to blast.   We did a FET but it was BFN(my lining was thin so this may be why it did not implant). 

My RE said that the sperm factor kicks in at day 3 so she thinks that is why only 1 made it to blast.  She suggested FertilPro to see if that will help for our next round.  At least we still had 1 great blast, even if it didn't work.  I am hopeful this time we will have a better outcome.  DH has also cut out alcohol, and most caffeine to see if that makes a difference as well.

#4 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

Interesting.  I haven't heard that about the day three and sperm factors before, but interesting to know!  I'm really hoping that the multivitamins have helped the DH's sperm and that we have good quality.  Hoping you can increase the quality of your hubby's sperm too!  Good luck on your next cycle!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!